Hello from Texas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am new to prepping other than watching a few things on TV lol, reading a bit on the net, shooting pistols at the range, and learning about self defense.
I want to learn more about how to put together a bug out bag mostly to leave in my vehicle - what bag to buy, contents (I've been gathering things like a canteen, compass, extra clothes, OTC medical supplies, etc.)
I also want info on a good pair of hiking boots.

I look for everyone's input here.

Dave
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

:pThe reason Texans prep is because of the mass expanse of distance required to get from one place to another. I was in Germany a few years back. Landed in Frankfurt then drove a rental car to Munich ( 243 miles), then drove to Oberammergau ( 53 Miles), then drove on to Trier ( Home of the Porta Nigra) ( 300 Miles), then drove on to Boppard on the Rhine ( 65 miles), then drove back to Frankfurt ( 60 miles). For a total of 721 miles.
All that travel was about the same as driving from Corpus Christie TX to EL Paso TX ( 696 miles).
The Germany driving trip was a large circle of the souther region started from a central location.
Corpus Christie to El Paso is pretty much a straight shot.
Hope that helps put it in perspective.

PS: This is for all you "Small Staters".
Just kidding. Chill. Seriously, chill, it was a joke.:p

one thing i love about texas..we can become our own country..we're already on our own power grid..

And howdy from yet another Texan...

When it comes to making a Bug Out Bag or a Get Home Bag, or any preparedness kit really, you need to think about what it is that you need the bag to do. Are you going somewhere or using it to live off the land? What items do you need to accomplish those goals? More important than trying to find some perfect list to follow is packing what You need for Your situation.

REI is great, I'd also check out Dick's, Cabela's, and Cheaperthandirt.com

Latest posts

Back