Moving to SW TX soon

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hadrian

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm here because mass censorship finally won the day, and it would appear that all the sites that corporations herded everyone into, are now full of politically correct left wing bots, that spend all day talking to each other about the benefits of living in clown LARP world, while banning real people en masse. What I'm saying is, I havent been on an online forum in almost twelve years, and never thought I'd find my way back to one.

Anyway. I'm moving to Texas in a few months, after finishing my hike on the AT, and I'd like to start getting into things like ham radio, long range shooting, drones, etc. I have five acres of barren, empty desert land outside of Quitman, TX, and I'd like help setting up shop on it. I've even thought about putting it on the WWOOF website.

With all that being said, if anyone has some helpful words, or info on where I can meet others, inbox me.

Howdy from Georgia!
I just came from GA, moved to FL, which is where I'm at now, then on to TX after the AT. I am gonna miss Georgia, but if i can't own a barrier island near Savannah, I see no reason to be a part of that overpopulated state. I really wanted land in South, GA, but even that's becoming expensive, and light polluted.

Yeah, I hear you about the population density in Georgia. It's 878 per square mile here in Muscogee County. But in Harris County, just north of here, it's only 78 per square mile.

Still, that's way more densely populated than where the BOL is located in Mississippi. Hell, that's more densely populated than the whole state of Mississippi (63 per square mile)

Howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or2..and by all means jump rightoninwithany replies you have on a topic.

Howdy and welcome to the sovereign state of Texas.
Is there a Quitman that's a west Texas desert town? The only Quitman, TX I'm familiar with is about an hour or two east of Dallas. Then again, I haven't lived here for a long time and Texas is a big place.
Good luck getting everything set up!

So
Howdy and welcome to the sovereign state of Texas.
Is there a Quitman that's a west Texas desert town? The only Quitman, TX I'm familiar with is about an hour or two east of Dallas. Then again, I haven't lived here for a long time and Texas is a big place.
Good luck getting everything set up!
Sorry, not Quitman, but Fort Quitman.

Damn, that's so barren I'll bet the illegals won't even try to cross there. There's probably not even a fence on the border - don't need one!
ddQhP5t.png

Last edited:
That looks like quite a challenge to thrive out there if you want to be self sufficient. Growing is going to be a big problem and without vegetation, no game to hunt. If you raise animals you will have one heck of a feed bill. Then again I don't know what your end game is. I'm just wondering why that area. I get the less population part, but still. . . That's maybe the only positive you got going there.

That looks like quite a challenge to thrive out there if you want to be self sufficient. Growing is going to be a big problem and without vegetation, no game to hunt. If you raise animals you will have one heck of a feed bill. Then again I don't know what your end game is. I'm just wondering why that area. I get the less population part, but still. . . That's maybe the only positive you got going there.
If it's impossible for anything to thrive, I'll just use it to stock up, train on certain skills, and use as a BOL.

I hear that there is a lot of good hunting out in West Texas. Hunny's boss and 3 rd son have been out that way for that purpose. Seems like it was near El Paso. Hopefully the area shot Doc posted is misleading. . . Fort Whitman is basically a ghost town.

He said it was "barren, empty desert land."

Well, you should be able to safely shoot long distance. :)
I guess I was thinking that maybe there might be some shrubbery on the ground scattered around that you can not see from an areal shot.

Latest posts

Back