Quantcast

Ham radio

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Prepped123

Reaction score
I have been thinking should I go to school and get a ham licens or just use a cb but in the state of emergency would I want a cb or ham. Please give all input you can

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I have been thinking should I go to school and get a ham licens or just use a cb but in the state of emergency would I want a cb or ham. Please give all input you can
I personally am going for my Ham license. I figure it is worth it since you only pay $15.00 to take the test, and the license is good for some 10 years.

SSTxPrepper1

Reaction score
The price for a license isnt bad at all and is well worth it, both having a cb or HAM setup would double your efforts of getting knowledge from others, emergency situations and plan just getting in contact with others.

redly846

Jr Member
Reaction score
I have been a Ham radio operator for quit some time KC8RQH, and I think it is a vitale way to communicate with others when SHTF. I would love to see a lot of others get their ham ticket.

davidnh

Reaction score
Hello allopbtaining a ham radio license is not t difficult at all.The Tech license is the entry license .You can purchase a study guide at most larger books shops.Spend al ittle time reading it and pass you can pass the test no problem.I got my Tech license in Feb o8 and than upgraded to my General license a few months later.You should be able to locate a ham radio club in your area.Most are very friendly people.And will welcome you into the hobby.Maybe you could find a Elmer,Which is a person that has beeni nto the hobbby for a while.And can teach you about the equipent set up ect. David kb1pyb

WilliamAshley

Reaction score
Just a heads up I am more than willing to elmer (tutor) but I am more or less a lid. I have my advanced in Canada and am quite familiar with the US system.

Latest posts