Don't assume your dog will protect you!!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will your untrained dog protect you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The dog believes shes dominant then. Only the pack leader decides who gets to fight and who doesn't.

I'm certain if I scream bloody murder Teddy will protect me. Meet Teddy.
I wouldn't assume that!! Test it out with a trained professional. My money is on no. I'm well aware of the Russian bear dog and its reputation. I've seen them run time and time again. With out training they don't know what to do. It's like the earlier article, Michael Jordan's son can't just join the NBA because he's Michael Jordan's son, He needs to learn how to play the game and get good enough to try out....

I lived in a pretty bad neighborhood for awhile with 3 Great Danes. Mine was the only house that wasn't broken into during that time. It's not that my dogs would protect me or my property. Their size alone was intimidating. But they are the kind of dog that will show you where all the best stuff is if you just give them some attention. They would not be intimidating to someone carrying a gun with the intent to use it to take what is mine in desperate times. And if SHTF it's going to be hard enough to take care of ourselves, much less feed one or more 140+ lbs dogs. Not to mention that their barking might alert others to your location if you're trying to stay hidden.

I look to my dogs more as alarms than any real protection. Two of them could put a hurting on someone and all have shown a protective instinct in the past...but they aren't trained for it, nor do I want them to be unfriendly in any way. As it is, if we have company, we keep those two muzzled just for safety reasons. (they are pretty cool muzzles though...they can even eat and drink with them, just can't bite anyone).

Latest posts

Back