Bet the Anti-Trumpers are crying today...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, how do you explain the average temperature rising? As show here https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

That's called "Cherry Picking" Doreena. That's only since 1880. They picked a point after which the temperature went up, completely ignoring what happened previously. We are still recovering from the Little Ice Age. Look at the temperature anomaly since the year Zero. That graph you saw is in the red box at the end. Plus you have to understand how they define "Temperature Anomaly." Their choice of years used for the average doesn't make any sense. If you show a graph starting in 1880, then you average should be calculated from 1880.

What we technically call "pseudo scientific mumbo jumbo." :D

B6ibWdn.png

Last edited:
Some of these graphs going back are just plain silly. You can tell me what temperatures were millions of years ago, but you can't tell me who farted in the room 10 seconds ago?

OK, sure, we have some data from the last 40 years. Go back 2000 years with temperatures? I'm not sure we can be all that certain. The mercury thermometer wasn't even invented until the 1700's!

But going back millions of year? Heck, I've got as much evidence to support that the universe didn't exist a million years ago as anyone has evidence to tell me the world's average temperature a million years ago.

Five_Myr_Climate_Change.png

"On longer time scales, sediment cores show that the cycles of glacials and interglacials are part of a deepening phase within a prolonged ice age that began with the glaciation of Antarctica approximately 40 million years ago. This deepening phase, and the accompanying cycles, largely began approximately 3 million years ago with the growth of continental ice sheets in the Northern Hemisphere. Gradual changes in Earth's climate of this kind have been frequent during the Earth's 4500 million year existence and most often are attributed to changes in the configuration of continents and ocean sea ways."

You can see the warming phase then the cooling phase and today it looks we are in the beginning a the warming phase. in my post above the model has it at 1deg higher around 2023 per model and people are freaken out, the model is wrong as the observation was noted, we are not in a rapped uplift in temperature but a gradual climb, in this graph it shows 2deg higher a little over 5 million years ago. These are a normal cycle of the earth and are not caused by man, the ice pack comes and goes, the sea rises and falls and it's all part of the living earth.

Some of these graphs going back are just plain silly. You can tell me what temperatures were millions of years ago, but you can't tell me who farted in the room 10 seconds ago?

OK, sure, we have some data from the last 40 years. Go back 2000 years with temperatures? I'm not sure we can be all that certain. The mercury thermometer wasn't even invented until the 1700's!

But going back millions of year? Heck, I've got as much evidence to support that the universe didn't exist a million years ago as anyone has evidence to tell me the world's average temperature a million years ago.

Not really silly, they can measure the gases trapped in the ice, they can also tell the type of climate it was by the soil at certain depth. Wife studies the soil for minerals, she can pull samples out of 100' feet of earth and layer it out by what kind of climate at a time period within that 100' of samples, she can also tell when a earthquake happen from the sampled soil if one occurred.

Not really silly, they can measure the gases trapped in the ice, they can also tell the type of climate it was by the soil at certain depth. Wife studies the soil for minerals, she can pull samples out of 100' feet of earth and layer it out by what kind of climate at a time period within that 100' of samples, she can also tell when a earthquake happen from the sampled soil if one occurred.
What does your wife think about climate change?

Bottom line seems to me that whatever the cause, folks on the coast will be in for a hard time, and that we still don’t need to be dumping chemicals and pesticides and pollutants into our environment.

Thanks for the food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read all these comments and I know that the climate swings back and forth,it is a undeniable fact,so this BS that we are changing the climate I let run in on ear and out the other,,

fact----the weather is not what it used to be
fact---- no matter what we do we will have to deal with what we have
fact---- coastal areas will get the worst of it

fact,,,,,over time this old world will cleanse it's self with or without us

What does your wife think about climate change?

Bottom line seems to me that whatever the cause, folks on the coast will be in for a hard time, and that we still don’t need to be dumping chemicals and pesticides and pollutants into our environment.

Thanks for the food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That it’s a naturally occurring on a geological time scale. Data shouldn’t be used on a human time scale given it would be inaccurate for referencing predictions and causes. The so-called climate data being used is a blink of an eye in geological time.

The scientist can’t even predict accurate weather but yet we trust them to predict years in advance on our climate??

we still don’t need to be dumping chemicals and pesticides and pollutants into our environment.
Doreena, we are not talking about pesticides or chemicals, we are talking about global warming, with the blamed "pollutant" being carbon dioxide. If you buy into that, YOU have to accept blame for polluting the environment EVERY TIME YOU BREATHE!

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Doreena, we are not talking about pesticides or chemicals, we are talking about global warming, with the blamed "pollutant" being carbon dioxide. If you buy into that, YOU have to accept blame for polluting the environment EVERY TIME YOU BREATHE!

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Sorry if I stayed off the climate change subject.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I posted this once before somewhere, but I feel I should again. I saw a to scale picture of the earth as seen from space. It also showed the thickness of the atmosphere. Even though the total measurable atmosphere was a little thicker, the part that humans can live comfortably in is at the surface of the planet and it literally looked like the thickness of a piece of paper when compared to the planet. Next it showed pictures of industrial areas, all around the globe. Huge smoke stacks pumping out crap into our skies, 24hrs a day, 7days a week, 365 days a year. Then there were pictures of large cities from a distance away. You can literally see a dome of smog over most modern cities. I still say that anyone who thinks we can’t harm our planet by burning fossil fuels is blind. If you run a car in your garage for several minutes with the doors closed it is a great way to kill yourself. Multiply how many cars are in the world and add in all the smokestacks and you should realize that our planet is only so big, and although it can handle a lot of pollution, there is a limit. To me it is just common sense to not want to pollute the air we breathe. As far as global warming, all the particulates we are putting in the atmosphere make it thicker, which does hold heat more than a thinner and clear atmosphere. That is a simple science project that can be measured. Now, with all that said, do I want to live without electricity and walk everywhere? Hell no. I do think we should be working a lot harder to develope new and cleaner energy sources though. Energy is amazingly abundant on this planet and all through the universe. The main reason we haven’t pursued these cleaner ways is simple, greed. There are whole industries and economies making an easy profit off oil. Why would they want to disrupt their profits? All I know for sure is it is past time for us to get serious about developing new and cleaner sources. It would suck for our grandchildren to not be able to go outside without a respirator.

I know I posted this once before somewhere, but I feel I should again. I saw a to scale picture of the earth as seen from space. It also showed the thickness of the atmosphere. Even though the total measurable atmosphere was a little thicker, the part that humans can live comfortably in is at the surface of the planet and it literally looked like the thickness of a piece of paper when compared to the planet. Next it showed pictures of industrial areas, all around the globe. Huge smoke stacks pumping out crap into our skies, 24hrs a day, 7days a week, 365 days a year. Then there were pictures of large cities from a distance away. You can literally see a dome of smog over most modern cities. I still say that anyone who thinks we can’t harm our planet by burning fossil fuels is blind. If you run a car in your garage for several minutes with the doors closed it is a great way to kill yourself. Multiply how many cars are in the world and add in all the smokestacks and you should realize that our planet is only so big, and although it can handle a lot of pollution, there is a limit. To me it is just common sense to not want to pollute the air we breathe. As far as global warming, all the particulates we are putting in the atmosphere make it thicker, which does hold heat more than a thinner and clear atmosphere. That is a simple science project that can be measured. Now, with all that said, do I want to live without electricity and walk everywhere? Hell no. I do think we should be working a lot harder to develope new and cleaner energy sources though. Energy is amazingly abundant on this planet and all through the universe. The main reason we haven’t pursued these cleaner ways is simple, greed. There are whole industries and economies making an easy profit off oil. Why would they want to disrupt their profits? All I know for sure is it is past time for us to get serious about developing new and cleaner sources. It would suck for our grandchildren to not be able to go outside without a respirator.

We can pretty much agree bad air is bad air, but that doesn't make for global warming.

Removing the pollutant doesn't cause cooling, actually it's causing the warming, when a volcano spews the gases and ashes into the atmosphere it's cause a cooling trend not a warming trend, same with pollutant.

Amplification of Arctic warming by past air pollution reductions in Europe: LINK

My 85 year old Liberal mom comes out of her room after watching ABC news

"I see they arrested 12 of Putin's closest men today".

I just looked at her and said no that's not quite right. She just walked off.

I'm not going to argue with an 85 year old. She can't hear and believes whatever she thinks she hears.

My 85 year old Liberal mom comes out of her room after watching ABC news

"I see they arrested 12 of Putin's closest men today".

I just looked at her and said no that's not quite right. She just walked off.

I'm not going to argue with an 85 year old. She can't hear and believes whatever she thinks she hears.

My mom about the same age 88, she believes everything on that damn FB, she'll start arguing with me and I'll end it by asking her to write the recipe and instructions to my favorite pie and she will forget she was arguing and say 'oh ok hon' her memory ain't that good and she will spend an hour writing it down.

Question....... do you think the reason the Democrats are so against the summit is that they know that Putin can blow their scheme apart if he wants?

I've been thinking and it makes sense to me that they keep the collusion narrative going because they are terrified that all of their treason will be undercovered if Putin decides to tell Trump the truth?

Question....... do you think the reason the Democrats are so against the summit is that they know that Putin can blow their scheme apart if he wants?

I've been thinking and it makes sense to me that they keep the collusion narrative going because they are terrified that all of their treason will be undercovered if Putin decides to tell Trump the truth?
No, I don’t. Trump recognizing Putin places the US in a weakened position, especially after calling the Europeans foes. What can he gain? All other NA nations and Europe are purposely isolating Putin b/c of Syria. This sends a message that Russia’s actions are perfectly fine. Plus trumps own doj has indicted Russians for interfering with the 2016 election...trump says all that is foolishness...sounds like he is kissing up to Russia to me. I don’t think that opposing this meeting is anything more than thinking it is a bad idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back