Bet the Anti-Trumpers are crying today...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Antarctica there are over 400 known lakes under the ice. The largest is Lake Vostok which is over 6,500 square miles and up to 3,000 feet deep. It's also under 2 miles of ice. They've discovered over 3,500 species of life in the lake too.
At one time Antarctica was ice free. In some of the currently ice free areas there are fossils of plants, trees and animals. The only thing this proves is that the Earth was much warmer at one time, and long before Man started driving SUV's.
Many of the "scientist's" who get government funding to do research in Antarctica are looking for "proof" to match their "Man caused" global warming theroy. So far they have never found any real proof that Man has caused the current warming trend. Or are we in a cooling trend right now? It's hard to keep up with the "experts" and their latest theroy.

Exactly right!

At one time Antarctica was ice free. In some of the currently ice free areas there are fossils of plants, trees and animals. The only thing this proves is that the Earth was much warmer at one time, and long before Man started driving SUV's.
At one time, Axel Heiberg Island (not far from the North Pole) was inhabited. Eric the Red sailed around Baffin Island (which he called Helluland) and a Viking settlement has been discovered on Baffin Island.
bDvY2Ms.png

50 years and most animals will be gone,,,I doubt that,there are more deer, rabbits and other small game now than there was 100 years ago,I see Hawks and hear owls everyday,and even saw an Eagle lift off the road with a fresh kill yesterday,I am not saying there will not be things that go extinct just not that most will only be in zoos in the next 50 years,,,
Your right as far as animals that can coexist with humans espechially. Raccoons, squirrels, etc., deer do well too as we have gotten rid of all their natural predators. It is all the large game animals I’m talking about. The ones that need large territory to survive. Human population is still growing at an increasing rate, and with that there is more demand for farmlands and resources, ever shrinking the available area for wild species.

We thought that on several species, from the gray wolfs, bears, deers and the salmon in 1980, 91 and 99, mount st. helens devastated the elks and deers population but through conservation they are thriving, the gray wolf are making a comeback, we have biologist go out and check on wild animals and make sure the health are good, sometimes they will curtail hunting in select areas or ban it for a year or two, the practices have worked and in certain cases worked to well. If the state keeps up the practice of conservation they will be around 50 years from now easily.
Good conservation can and does work. Here in the states we have much more money for things like that, but there are many countries that just don’t have resources. Overall, mankind is changing the system that took hundreds of thousands of years to balance out. The problem with all the animal species being threatened is they are all part of a chain that is interconnected. When one species is wiped out, Nature works with it. When many species are taken out of the system in a realitively short term then the system begins to break down. Things like bee populations being affected will affect our ability to grow crops, directly affecting our food supply. Taking care of our environment isn’t just good for the environment, it’s to take care of us as well.

About once per month someone joins the group and man, they are gung ho and ready to take on the world.

Then they see that we aren't militia, but preppers they disappear really fast.

Why are people so eager to cause trouble? We are interested in surviving after some catastrophe happens. We don't want to start it.

About once per month someone joins the group and man, they are gung ho and ready to take on the world.

Then they see that we aren't militia, but preppers they disappear really fast.

Why are people so eager to cause trouble? We are interested in surviving after some catastrophe happens. We don't want to start it.
Well, we are discussing possible causes of collapse! Right? I am not sure you meant me or not (I have been here for much more than a month) . You are right that no one should be stirring the pot just to stir it, but a discussion of threats, including the extinction of plants and animals, climate change, or political threats are all possible dangers.

We all prioritize the threats differently...so I like the back and forth to see others perspectives.

As long as the discussion is respectful, I am all in. Now when people call me stupid, as has happened previously, I don’t take that too well .

Back to literally stirring a pot...of plum preserves!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I disagree with many of the views expressed here, but I am the first to admit that I don’t know everything and will always at least consider what others say.
As far as prepping goes, I’ve always said I was a boring prepper. Yes I do have firearms and think they are a good tool for defense, but they are only one part of prepping as a whole. It’s just not as cool to say “I just got a new water filter” as it is to brag about a new AR I guess.

I disagree with many of the views expressed here, but I am the first to admit that I don’t know everything and will always at least consider what others say.
As far as prepping goes, I’ve always said I was a boring prepper. Yes I do have firearms and think they are a good tool for defense, but they are only one part of prepping as a whole. It’s just not as cool to say “I just got a new water filter” as it is to brag about a new AR I guess.

Don't k ow Brent. We've had long threads on boring stuff like my "How to Make Kraut" was a hit. Lol

Look at the purple line...
co2_temperature_historical.png
Ok, I am trying to research. I am not at that place where I can address your information specific to CO2, but I did find the following article that says that over all, volcanoes were a very small part of our climate change (sorry, it is in Spanish) https://www.climate.gov/news-featur...e-carbono-¿los-volcanes-o-la-actividad-humana

I can help with a rough translation if you would like.

Also, how do you explain the average temperature rising? As show here https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/global-temperature/

Latest posts

Back