Assembling my EDC Gear!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nora Michels

Reaction score
So here's all the shizzit I feel makes a good all-around EDC load-out for your First Line Gear, and that kinda annoys me not to see my friends and neighbors carrying on them at all times "just in case" lol:

FIRST LINE EDC, (BELT, JACKET, PANTS, ETC.)

01. Money Belt (Normal looking belt with hidden zipper compartment for money, photocopies of IDs, locks picks, secret messages, etc.)
02. Wallet (You'd do best to get one with RFID blocking built into it, just in case. I hate this century lol. =P )
03. Keychain (KeyBak makes a superior retractable keychain; recently bought one; never trust a gas-station clip-on lighter leash. -_- )
04. Tactical Flashlight (I suggest the Fenix PD35 TAC bundle; it comes with the charging kit! I love rechargeable stuff & combo deals lol.)
05. Multi-Tool (The Leatherman Wave Plus is the one I use; I find it's a nice balance between super heavy-duty and practicality.)
06. Lighter (Forget about bic lighters; get a rechargeable USB Arc Lighter; it's a purely electric source of fire; get one with a keychain!)
07. Cell Phone (I prefer the iPhone 5; it was the only one I could afford, but I also like the compact size; nice balance technologically.)
08. Handgun (I like my Smith & Wesson M&P Shield chambered in 9mm hollow points; not too much kick, small size to fit female hands.)
09. Defensive Blade (I have yet to decide on one for myself. It's a tough choice between a push knife, stiletto, or karambit; never a balisong; balisongs are stupid lol.)

Another fun thing about this list is that you can find all that stuff (except the gun of course) on Amazon! It's my go-to for the Free Shipping with Prime lol.

Currently I only have seven of the items needed for my First Line Gear; belt, wallet, keychain, multi-tool, lighter, phone, and gun. I have a crappy ghetto kydex holster though that I'm getting rid of in favor of a locking leather holster that doesn't clash my fashion sense so much lol. I'm also investing in a kind sorta matching leather EDC belt organizer thingy-ma-bobber that doubles as a flashlight holster and a multi-tool pouch as well as a heavy-duty carabiner/keychain holder; I'm thinking of attaching a push dagger to the keychain portion because the other keychain is on a retractable reel, and I don't think I want my push dagger to be on a retractable reel lmao; I can see that going very wrong in the heat of the moment lmao. XD The reel is for my house/car/garage keys and my USB arc lighter; I thought about pepper spray, and found a nice keychain pepper spray with a break-away sorta mechanism; it might not look too cluttered paired with the push dagger on the EDC organizer...plus I kinda like having another option aside from beating them, stabbing them, or shooting them. I dunno though...I don't really trust pepper spray; I trust guns and knives lol.

So anyhoo, once I've collected the last few items on my wish list, my belt should look neat and tidy with an elegant splash to it. XD

Here's a link to the new money belt I'm looking at; my old one is kinda worn out and clunky looking; this ones more sleek and elegant; love the all-black buckle lol: https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Leat...ds=leather+money+belts&qid=1609892008&sr=8-12

The EDC organizer would be towards my right-rear side, housing my flashlight, multi-tool, and push dagger: https://www.amazon.com/Gentlestache...TW87E2RD6HN&psc=1&refRID=81RYTJSDMTW87E2RD6HN

And this is the retractable keychain I got to place at my right side in front of the organizer, I got the 28" of kevlar cordage so that my lighter leash doubles as an escape tool to saw through rope, cloth, duct tape, zip ties, or flex-cuffs lol: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GJ668...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

And then the pistol holster at my left-rear side, (I'm a south-paw, rawr lol), LockLeather OWB Holster

With my phone pouch on my left side: Amazon.com

So from the front, everything should look totally fine; even better with my black long coat on lol......is it AWFUL how fixated I am on the fashionable appearance of my gear? Lol. My main issue is finding stuff that matches; so far I think I've come up with my ideal first line loadout; everything comes in black and leather lmao. It took waaay too long for me to finally find something I felt was aesthetically pleasing to the human eye in the modern age lol.

And WAY too much gear out there is made almost exclusively for MEN lol; I feel marginalized; I'm a millennial lmao. =P

Last edited:
Just remember that ESSENTIAL EDC gear always goes on the person not in bags or packs, You must still be able to function and operate if you are separated from your bag for what ever reason.

Rough example

Knife
Pistol plus spr mag if legal
Flaslight - spr batteries
Multi tool
Compass
Lighter
Wallet / purse
Cash / Keys
Watch
Cell phone with map apps and FM radio - plus earphones.
Hat and Gloves
Notebook and pen
Shades / Eyeglasses
Bandana / Kerchief
Micro FAK??? plus water puritabs
Flash drive with essential docs, licences, etc on it.

For an Swiss an knife or an pocket knife isn't EDC. It's a part of the clothings.... in my case an Victorinox Spirit. Contains all you need to survive. Of course an lighter will be with me too, easier to lighten up an ciggi. And since last February disinfectant and hygiene mask.

If i go further i'll using an vehicle anyway and there's always an daypack with a bit more equipment, but i don't call it an EDC anymore, it's for me more something like an coming home bag.

@BillMasen : Totally agree with only carrying essential items on your person; I'm definitely a minimalist as well; if I feel I can get by okay without something I'd rather leave it. I split my EDC into first line gear, (my belt and pants), second line gear (my black leather crossbody purse), and third line gear (my little matching black leather backpack). Not a whole lotta room for stuff, but that's just the way I like it; here's how I'd edit your first line gear list:

Knife (I don't need this because there's a really sharp knife in my Leatherman Wave Plus.)
Pistol plus spr mag if legal (Spare magazines are kept in my purse, legal or not lol.)
Flashlight - spr batteries (I don't need batteries; all my stuff is rechargeable and a solar USB charger is in my backpack.)
Multi tool
Compass (I don't need a compass on my person; my phone has a built-in compass, GPS, and robot lady named Siri lol.)
Wallet / purse (I carry a leather bi-fold wallet in my pants pocket; my purse is part of my second line gear.)
Cash / Keys (Cash is kept in my wallet and hidden inside my money belt.)
Watch (I don't need a watch; my phone has a digital clock on it with an advanced stop watch down to the decasecond lol.)
Cell phone with map apps and FM radio - plus earphones. (Police Scanner/Ham Radio in my pack, earbuds in my purse.)
Hat and Gloves (These are a part of my third line gear/backpack, as well as an umbrella, emergency sleeping bag & tent.)
Notebook and pen (These are part of my second line gear/purse.)
Shades / Eyeglasses (I have 20/10 vision, and if it's too bright out, I'll squint, like a human, lmao; my eyes will adjust.)
Bandana / Kerchief (If I really need a piece of cloth that badly, I can just use my undershirt and/or panties. =P)
Micro FAK??? plus water puritabs (A trauma kit is a part of my purse/second line gear; water tabs are in my backpack.)
Flash drive with essential docs, licences, etc on it.s (Photocopies of all this stuff hidden inside my money belt, USB-free.)

PS: Yes, pushing a dagger is hard work, but my Push Dagger isn't really a dagger; it's a T-Handle knife with a 1 inch blade. The t-handle is held in the fist, and the blade is positioned outside the knuckles. A Push Dagger is also called a Push Knife, or a Punch Knife, because every time you punch someone in melee combat, you're also stabbing them at the same time, and due to the t-handle design, a push dagger is REALLY hard to disarm, as well a super secure and safe grip. They come in different sizes as well, but I like all my stuff to be miniaturized because 1.) It's easier to conceal, 2.) I don't have a lot of space between my belt, purse and backpack, and because 3.) Everything looks cuter when it's miniaturized hehe. XD

...I have been mighty tempted to buy myself a nice black karambit knife though so long as it was small and had a black leather sheath that didn't clash with the rest of the leather on my belt LOL. I have a little cheapy one with a flimsy plastic sheath, but it's too bulky and too freaky looking, and too awkward and too ghetto for my style and just too...TOO lol.

Here's a link to the push dagger lol: Combat Commander Mini Black Push Dagger Sheath

...Way cheaper than a karambit knife too lol. Kinda on a budget, aka, I am super friggin' poor lmao. XD

My EDC is a stainless Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP, with Hornady Critical Duty and two spare magazines . . . usually in a pocket holster with slightly baggy cargo pants.

I have a small (but powerful) LED flashlight, a compass, cigarette lighter, a Leatherman multitool (A Wingman), a Champ Swiss Army knife, a paracord bracelet, an analog water-resistant wrist watch, a lifestraw survival water purifier, and a few other things. I even have tiny handcuff keys laced into my boots and concealed in my clothing. I also carry padlock shims and lockpicks.

It seems like a lot, but if you carry a lot of this stuff in a small, zipper camera bag that goes on the belt . . . they are available at Walmart.

I honestly believe I could live comfortably on very little for a long time (not that I want to, or that I wish it on myself--I don't).

This is Part Two of my EDC!

SECOND LINE GEAR (Purse)

01. Purse (Or a messenger bag/laptop bag/shoulder bag, whatever ya wanna call it, buuut let's be honest....it's a friggin' purse lmao. =P )
02. Notebook/Journal
03. Small Pen
04. Trauma Kit
05. Spare Magazines
06. KA-BAR Survival Knife
07. Canteen
08. Sillcock Key
09. GPS
10. Compass
11. Phone Charger
12. Headphones
13. Food Bars
14. Lock Picks

@DrHenley : Precisely why I only use my phone's GPS and artificial intelligence robot lady in an urban environment, i.e. where I spend 99.9% of my life unfortunately lmao. But I'm planning on buying a Garmin Montana 680t GPS for my second line gear in the near future in the rare event that I no longer feel safe living in the middle of the city; I really really don't like not feeling like I can run away at a moment's notice and just go live in the woods from then on lol.

Here's my Third Line Gear list; the final part of my EDC is coming up next lol, but the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Line Gear lists are the core of my EDC wishlist. =P

THIRD LINE GEAR (Backpack)

01. Black Leather Daypack
02. Reflective Emergency Sleeping Bag
03. Emergency Reflective Tent
04. Pocket Umbrella
05. Cold Weather Gear (black knit hat, mittens & scarf)
06. Mess Kit
07. Chow Set
08. Pocket Stove
09. Fuel Tablets
10. Hatchet
11. Whetstone
12. Ham Radio/Police Scanner
14. Solar USB Charger
15. Military Survival Kit
16. Medic Bag
17. Signal Pistol
18. Hygiene Kit

And finally the final part of my dream EDC loadout! These items are meant to be hidden or disguised on my body, perhaps even using latex prosthetic skin and a little makeup, because I'm picky like that lol. =P

But you can also hide these through less sophisticated means, such as a fake bloody gauze pad medical-taped to your arm or leg. Hidden pockets in clothing. Socks, shoes, boots. Diamond wire can be hidden in seams and hems, whereas kevlar cordage can be literally sewn into clothing, and I almost always have bobby pins in my hair anyway, and it's a good idea to switch out shoe laces for 550 paracord; it can be just as effective at sawing through bindings as kevlar cordage. Okey doke, here's the list!

ESCAPE & EVASION EQUIPMENT (Hidden on person.)

01. Miniature Titanium Lock Picks (Non-metal-detectable, easily smuggled into locked down facilities.)
02. Handcuff Shims (For when you can't find, reach, or otherwise access the keyhole with a pick or clip.)
03. Ceramic Razor Blades (Non-metal-detectable, easily smuggled into locked down facilities.)
04. Plastic Universal Handcuff Keys (Non-metal detectable, easily smuggled into...you get the idea lmao. =P )
05. Diamond Wire (Can saw through chains, cages, iron bars, etc.)
06. Mini Compass (Because the assholes who kidnapped you burned all your valuables, including your 2nd Line EDC. =P )
07. Prepaid Tracfone (Hiding this on my naked body will be tricky...might have to get a little...anal about it. XD)
08. Folding Lock Pick Set (...I dunno if this'll fit in my butt along with the cellphone...maybe lmao...might be able to use my...other pocket lol. XD)
09. EZ Decoders (For those pesky rolling-number-dial combination locks that you normally have no real business breaking into lol.)
10. Rescue Hook Blade (Yeah, after THIS I most definitely won't be able to fit anything else in any of my natural pockets lmao. XD)
11. Survival Bracelet (Plastic handcuff key hidden in the buckle; the paracord can burn through rope, tape, cloth, zip ties, flex cuffs, etc.)
12. TIHKs (Tiny Inconspicuous Handcuff Keys)
13. Printed Tissue Maps (Yay! Something I don't have to shove up my butt! XD)

Last edited:
@BillMasen : Totally agree with only carrying essential items on your person; I'm definitely a minimalist as well; if I feel I can get by okay without something I'd rather leave it. I split my EDC into first line gear, (my belt and pants), second line gear (my black leather crossbody purse), and third line gear (my little matching black leather backpack). Not a whole lotta room for stuff, but that's just the way I like it; here's how I'd edit your first line gear list:

Knife (I don't need this because there's a really sharp knife in my Leatherman Wave Plus.)
Pistol plus spr mag if legal (Spare magazines are kept in my purse, legal or not lol.)
Flashlight - spr batteries (I don't need batteries; all my stuff is rechargeable and a solar USB charger is in my backpack.)
Multi tool
Compass (I don't need a compass on my person; my phone has a built-in compass, GPS, and robot lady named Siri lol.)
Wallet / purse (I carry a leather bi-fold wallet in my pants pocket; my purse is part of my second line gear.)
Cash / Keys (Cash is kept in my wallet and hidden inside my money belt.)
Watch (I don't need a watch; my phone has a digital clock on it with an advanced stop watch down to the decasecond lol.)
Cell phone with map apps and FM radio - plus earphones. (Police Scanner/Ham Radio in my pack, earbuds in my purse.)
Hat and Gloves (These are a part of my third line gear/backpack, as well as an umbrella, emergency sleeping bag & tent.)
Notebook and pen (These are part of my second line gear/purse.)
Shades / Eyeglasses (I have 20/10 vision, and if it's too bright out, I'll squint, like a human, lmao; my eyes will adjust.)
Bandana / Kerchief (If I really need a piece of cloth that badly, I can just use my undershirt and/or panties. =P)
Micro FAK??? plus water puritabs (A trauma kit is a part of my purse/second line gear; water tabs are in my backpack.)
Flash drive with essential docs, licences, etc on it.s (Photocopies of all this stuff hidden inside my money belt, USB-free.)

PS: Yes, pushing a dagger is hard work, but my Push Dagger isn't really a dagger; it's a T-Handle knife with a 1 inch blade. The t-handle is held in the fist, and the blade is positioned outside the knuckles. A Push Dagger is also called a Push Knife, or a Punch Knife, because every time you punch someone in melee combat, you're also stabbing them at the same time, and due to the t-handle design, a push dagger is REALLY hard to disarm, as well a super secure and safe grip. They come in different sizes as well, but I like all my stuff to be miniaturized because 1.) It's easier to conceal, 2.) I don't have a lot of space between my belt, purse and backpack, and because 3.) Everything looks cuter when it's miniaturized hehe. XD

...I have been mighty tempted to buy myself a nice black karambit knife though so long as it was small and had a black leather sheath that didn't clash with the rest of the leather on my belt LOL. I have a little cheapy one with a flimsy plastic sheath, but it's too bulky and too freaky looking, and too awkward and too ghetto for my style and just too...TOO lol.

Here's a link to the push dagger lol: Combat Commander Mini Black Push Dagger Sheath

...Way cheaper than a karambit knife too lol. Kinda on a budget, aka, I am super friggin' poor lmao. XD
Lovely appraisal dear lady, but I fear you are in error not carrying a compass, as Doc says the cell phones either go flate or dont get a signal. even a little button compass would be better than nothing, please reconsider, it could live happily in your money belt. Karambits are nice but a tad fiddly to use, but a decent blade is essential.

There's a compass in my second line gear; I really don't need one in my first line gear; my first line compass is my BRAIN lol. If it's night time and the stars are out, I can find the Big Dipper to locate the North Star / tail end of the little dipper. During the day I can observe the sun and see if it's rising or setting; if it's rising I follow an arc back to where it rose from and know which way east is; if it's setting, I follow the arc where it's going to set in the future, and find out which way west is. If the sun is high in the sky directly overhead, it means it's noon, and depending on how high it is, you can assess whether you are in the northern hemisphere or the southern hemisphere. Why would you need to know that? Because aliens could beam you up and teleport your mind-controlled body to the other side of the world in southern Africa, THAT'S WHY lmao. (Mostly kidding but yeaahhh, ya never know! lol)

If the stars aren't too visible at night, or there are trees in the way, then I can use the same navigational techniques on the moon as I can with the sun. I can also make a sun dial with a stick and one of the knives on my belt. Plus, I'm pretty sure a button compass would make a visible imprint in my belt; it's barely enough room for folded paper lol. Plus plus, I don't absolutely NEED a compass; I almost never leave my city, and I know how to navigate the city without a map or compass; maps and compasses are more useful in the wilderness or a different city, in which cases I would have my purse which has a good compass along with a GPS. My purse goes with me almost everywhere anyway lol.

Last edited:
I'm always trying to figure out new ways of doing without something too lol; the less equipment I have to rely on the better. I'm really into Primitive Technology like the YouTube channel by John Plant; he's a guilty pleasure lol. He's a shirtless buff guy that never speaks, just walks out into the woods in nothin' but his shorts, makes a knife out of some rocks, and gets to work building a small stone-age homestead and garden that would've made the ancient Romans proud lmao. John Plant is gonna confuse the hell out of archaeologists a thousand years from now; he's got primitive blacksmithing stations made from clay and wood lol. He also wrote a book called "Primitive Technology" that explains how to make all the stuff in his videos; I've got separate guides on flintknapping and Native American tools and weapons, like how to make a bow and arrow from scratch heh heh. XD

It's my dream to be able to run into the woods butt naked and thrive with no equipment whatsoever, just using the natural resources around me to rise through the ages until I can harness electricity, manipulate glass and metals, and forge a gun lmao. XD

Need to take some college science, technology, engineering and medicine classes though before I can start making my own computers, phones, and hospital equipment lol. #LongTermGoals =P

I'm always trying to figure out new ways of doing without something too lol; the less equipment I have to rely on the better. I'm really into Primitive Technology like the YouTube channel by John Plant; he's a guilty pleasure lol. He's a shirtless buff guy that never speaks, just walks out into the woods in nothin' but his shorts, makes a knife out of some rocks, and gets to work building a small stone-age homestead and garden that would've made the ancient Romans proud lmao. John Plant is gonna confuse the hell out of archaeologists a thousand years from now; he's got primitive blacksmithing stations made from clay and wood lol. He also wrote a book called "Primitive Technology" that explains how to make all the stuff in his videos; I've got separate guides on flintknapping and Native American tools and weapons, like how to make a bow and arrow from scratch heh heh. XD

It's my dream to be able to run into the woods butt naked and thrive with no equipment whatsoever, just using the natural resources around me to rise through the ages until I can harness electricity, manipulate glass and metals, and forge a gun lmao. XD

Need to take some college science, technology, engineering and medicine classes though before I can start making my own computers, phones, and hospital equipment lol. #LongTermGoals =P
you really need to try and attend one of those Mountainmen Rendezvous re-enactment events they hold across the midwest, i attended a few in southern CO, lived in a teepee for a few days, everything cooked in cast iron pots and skillets, everyone dressed in periodic clothing and use period tools and kit, it was amazing.

Running butt neked in the woods, OK if it feels god then just do it, but watch out for poison ivy and oak :)

Eeek, Utah...dunno if I can go back there; I was kidnapped and tortured there for five years; if I go back, I'll probably go on a killing spree of revenge lmao. ...That other thing sounds fun though! XD

Latest posts

Back