Urban Prepper - EDC

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
OK, so I work in an office building each day, and though I could carry a concealed firearm in easily enough, if discovered, it is a violation of policy. Not to mention, I can't exactly walk in with an ALICE pack. Pretty sure the Police which work security here, would be a bit antsy.

That all said....I still have an EDC.

My laptop bag.

Some items I have in here:
Solar Powered Phone/USB Charger
Cell Phone (locked, as has personal info) and charger cable, both car and wall adaptor
Fixed blade (good) steak knife (can easily argue the use of this as a utensil)
Credit card lockpick set (in wallet)
Credit card multi-tool (in wallet)
Gerber Multi-Tool (car version with window breaker)
Pen flashlight/laser pointer
Water filter straw (and some MiO water flavoring)
Small metal water bottle (which would allow me to boil it if needed)
Salt/Pepper/Sugar Substitutes packets
Utensil set (fork, butter knife, spoon)
Spare pens
Good sunglasses
Keychain can/bottle opener
Packets of OTC meds (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc. and Cipro as well as Potassium Iodide), some other meds as well that may not be as OTC, as just in case measures.
Flash drive (with USB cable and lots of survival info and docs, including local maps)
Zippo Lighter, Tube of waterproof/windproof matches
Small First Aid Kit
Glasses repair kit
Spare socks, spare shoelaces
Safety pins (for a popped button, and of course, could make a makeshift fishing hook, etc.)
A couple of granola bars, and some sticks of beef jerky

Sounds like a lot, but really still plenty of room for other work stuff. Including my laptop, AC adaptor, etc.

My full Get Home Bag is in the truck, in the parking lot, along with my firearm, etc.

I've just taken delivery of a new handbag (I'm a girl what can I say:rolleyes:) I'm ashamed to say when I empitied out my old one there wasn't a lot of the original EDC left in there. So this weekend I'm spending sortig the whole thing out again. Your list is very much like I carry and is a good reference. Need to buy some more cereal bars.

The utensil set is something I picked up at a local Ren Fest. It's all in a thin leather pouch.

Some items seem weird (like the shoelaces), but when you've actually had a need for them one day, you just add it in (and I did...)

My EDC is a Victorinox swiss army knife with all the fittings, a minimag flashlight, a tactical folder that has a seatbelt cutter and window smasher, a tiny button compass, a mini cigarette lighter, and lockpicks. My boots are laced with paracord, and I also carry a few hundred dollars in cash plus credit cards.

I change my EDC around from time to time when I come across new toys and/or new ideas.

When I carry a gun, I usually carry a stainless Walther PPK/S .380 loaded with Federal Hydroshocks, and one spare magazine. On other occasions, I carry a Smith and Wesson J frame hammerless 442 in .38 Special...loaded with +P semi-jacketed hollow points. I usually add one speedloader and five loose rounds to this situation.

15450136569951933066468.jpg

Here it is. I struggle with computer stuff, but managed to post a photo.

shtfandgo.com.

It come in a protective storage tube (not pictured), and all instructions are printed on the straw itself . . . but you may need reading glasses or a magnifying lens.

I don't consider this a fault, as I wanted tiny and if the product is going to be tiny, then the print has to be tiny.

I have a GHB in the car so my EDC is literally what is on my person:
spectacles
watch
paracord bracelet
bandana-used as a handkerchief
belt
key chain and keys
lock knife in pouch on belt
boots, jeans and shirt
camo cap
jacket-camo hoodie in summer, combat jacket in winter.
gloves in the winter.
wallet, cash and cards.
mobile phone(emergencies only).

First I REALLY like the tittle of this post " Urban Prepper - EDC. It was so nice of you all to give me my very own thread. :cool:. I do have a small get home bag in the car and I always carry my EDC pistol. I add a few extra items when traveling out of state (more water, ammo and extra clothes - jackets).

The concern that I have about keeping things in the car revolve around the heat and sudden temperature changes.

If I keep a bag in the car at all times, will the heat (I live in Florida, and a car can get up to 125°F), will that cause medicines, foods, and ammo to deteriorate rapidly?

I'm under the impression that 6 hours at 125° will destroy a bottle of aspirin, for example (although I could be wrong).

Latest posts

Back