My EDC

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife recently bought a Mosberg 20 gauge over/under. It isn't for defensive purposes but for hunting and shooting trap. A 12 gauge was too much for her.
She also keeps an XDM 9mm in her night stand equipped with a flash light and laser.
I like the 38 special, but I'd recommend a 357 mag. You can shoot 38 special in it too. Just a little more versatile.
I have a Ruger Blackhawk in 357 mag, 38 special. It has a cylinder for 9 mm too. I also have a Winchester 94 Trapper chambered in 357 mag. It goes along good with the Ruger single action.
I like having some of my rifles match my pistol calibers too.
Its VERY smart to have interchangeable guns for all cal ammunition

My EDC is a case knife with a ferrorod attached to the sheath (and under that tape is a bunch of celluloid guitar picks). In my wallet I have some sewing needles and an old credit card with fishing hooks taped to it and wrapped in fishing line.
edc.jpg

Its VERY smart to have interchangeable guns for all cal ammunition
I like the fact of same caliber pistol and rifle even better is interchangeable magazines like a glock 17 9mm and a keltec sub2000 in 9mm both accept glock magazines or Ar 5.56 pistol length and a rifle wish i could find a reasonable price henry in 357 to go with my revolver

I like the fact of same caliber pistol and rifle even better is interchangeable magazines like a glock 17 9mm and a keltec sub2000 in 9mm both accept glock magazines or Ar 5.56 pistol length and a rifle wish i could find a reasonable price henry in 357 to go with my revolver
I ahve been looking for a HENRY in 357 mag and none available but just found one today in 44 mag

I ahve been looking for a HENRY in 357 mag and none available but just found one today in 44 mag
Do you have local gun shop that can order a Henry for you? My wife wants a .357 mag carbine too, probably a Henry.
I'm looking for a 38-55 lever action. I this Rossi or Uberti makes one.

My 120 pound wife can shoot a 12 gage, but not for fun. She can also shoot a 44 Magnum, but that is not what she calls fun either. She has fun with a CZ-75 B but if a bear or mountain lion is charging most people don't notice the kick or the blast. I would rather have too much gun instead of not enough.

I love living in Montana during the 4 months of Spring, Summer, and Fall. Its the 8 months of Winter that gets to be a drag.

I always make the joke that when I lived in the north, you had four good months where you could enjoy the outdoors, May-August and then people locked themselves inside to get away from the cold. Here in the south, you have the same, only in reverse where people lock themselves inside to get away from 8 months of heat!

It was 91 degrees here yesterday and it isn't even April yet! My garden likes it my Husky dog, not so much!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back