Ar15 upgrade

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwrickster

Reaction score
So I just recently within the last couple days upgraded my AR-15 with the folding stock Generation 3 now it fits in my backpack which quite nice if there was a few little modifications I had to do but overall it does work has anybody else use the Generation 3 folding stock upgrade

A picture or link would be great. I have heard of AR folders which must take a bit of redesign. They are illegal in California so I can't ever have one but I am interested anyway.

Screenshot_20210601-183613.png
Screenshot_20210601-183613.png

And it was cheap to I just had to do a little bit of filing on the top basically I used my wife some fingernail file that's just to take it down a little bit and that working on the gun it was on the hinge part so you're not going past the blooming on the gun itself just on the hinge

That's a pretty decent price for a folding stock adapter. No folding stock but I did just upgrade one of my AR's with a Prime nickel boron bolt and carrier, Hyperfire Hypertouch trigger, J&P polished and tuned chrome silicon buffer spring, and a few other little odds and ends. Runs a lot smoother now and is also more reliable. I'm switching out all my AR triggers to Hyperfire's (even my Geissele's). Not only do they have an awesome trigger pull, they'll ignite pretty much any primer no matter how hard it may be.
20210521_221049.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I have an AR15 but I went in the opposite direction. The AR 15 is accurate but I am not in the military and have no resupply or backup so AR reliability is my goal. I went with Ultradyne iron sights which are quicker close and much, much better at long range. I went back to the M4 dual head shield hand guard since all my Gucci rails had overheated and attachments began falling off under heavy use. I have a white light mounted at 6:00 o'clock and a Rise RA 140 drop in trigger which is all the trigger I will ever need. I made my own sling from 1 1/2 webbing and mounted it in the mil spec stock with a drilled, screw-in mount and at the front with a mount on the Elzetta light mount. I have a traction ring around the handguard of my own design (made out of a drain gasket) which allows my whole hand to pull straight back on the rifle, not at one particular point, and collapses and provides traction on barricade surfaces. One huge reliability feature is the use of MCarbo heavy duty magazine springs in all my mags. For over a year now, absolutely no malfuctions.

Well, I have an AR15 but I went in the opposite direction. The AR 15 is accurate but I am not in the military and have no resupply or backup so AR reliability is my goal. I went with Ultradyne iron sights which are quicker close and much, much better at long range. I went back to the M4 dual head shield hand guard since all my Gucci rails had overheated and attachments began falling off under heavy use. I have a white light mounted at 6:00 o'clock and a Rise RA 140 drop in trigger which is all the trigger I will ever need. I made my own sling from 1 1/2 webbing and mounted it in the mil spec stock with a drilled, screw-in mount and at the front with a mount on the Elzetta light mount. I have a traction ring around the handguard of my own design (made out of a drain gasket) which allows my whole hand to pull straight back on the rifle, not at one particular point, and collapses and provides traction on barricade surfaces. One huge reliability feature is the use of MCarbo heavy duty magazine springs in all my mags. For over a year now, absolutely no malfuctions.

Just out of curiosity how much did all that cost you?

I'm planning on upgrading my AR15 to something more practical for me. I finally realized that there are no zombies coming to get me, so I have no use for an AR 15 or the thousands of rounds of ammo that I have for it.

That's a pretty decent price for a folding stock adapter. No folding stock but I did just upgrade one of my AR's with a Prime nickel boron bolt and carrier, Hyperfire Hypertouch trigger, J&P polished and tuned chrome silicon buffer spring, and a few other little odds and ends. Runs a lot smoother now and is also more reliable. I'm switching out all my AR triggers to Hyperfire's (even my Giselle's). Not only do they have an awesome trigger pull, they'll ignite pretty much any primer no matter how hard it may be.View attachment 12774
I like the larue triggers they are great for the price made in tx

Not for me there isn't. I dont consider a .223/5.56 a good hunting round, except for maybe coyote, and my 22-250 is much better. I only bought the AR because obama made me.

Once the new 6.8/.277 round is selected by the military, I expect the 5.56/.223 to get dropped by most manufactures in AR platforms.
Check out the firing line at NRA High Power. 5.56/.223 used to be the predominate round used. Now 6mm or 6.5s are in the majority.

Once the new 6.8/.277 round is selected by the military, I expect the 5.56/.223 to get dropped by most manufactures in AR platforms.
Check out the firing line at NRA High Power. 5.56/.223 used to be the predominate round used. Now 6mm or 6.5s are in the majority.

There are way too many 5.56 platform rifles out there for manufacturers to start dropping them anytime in my lifetime. I do agree that the 6.8 is a better round, but also more expensive. That might not matter to some, but many people do take the price of ammo into consideration when buying a new gun.

There are way too many 5.56 platform rifles out there for manufacturers to start dropping them anytime in my lifetime. I do agree that the 6.8 is a better round, but also more expensive. That might not matter to some, but many people do take the price of ammo into consideration when buying a new gun.

I think market demand will dictate what the manufactures produce.
Market it right, people will buy new uppers in whatever 6.8/.277, and retire the 5.56/.223 to the back of the gun safe.
As I mentioned above, look at how many shooting High Power have made the switch already to a better round.

I think market demand will dictate what the manufactures produce.
Market it right, people will buy new uppers in whatever 6.8/.277, and retire the 5.56/.223 to the back of the gun safe.
As I mentioned above, look at how many shooting High Power have made the switch already to a better round.
I'm not familiar with the 6.8 caliber, I'll have to check it out. I dont particularly care for the "metric" or military calibers. However, my 45-70, 50-70 and 30-06 we're once military calibers too and I love them. I'm not a fan of semi autos or military look alike guns, even though I have a bunch of them. I'm more of a lever action man.

Latest posts

Back