Hi from az

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IamnotA_T_F

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me in.

Thanks for letting me in. Little about me from the Midwest originally. First gun I hunted with was 30-30 Marlin. First gun I bought Remington 700 in 7mm mag around 1993, first handgun .357 stainless Taurus I believe.

In college, got poor, started pawning guns and things., Dad got wind I was selling and bought my 700 for more than it was worth. When he died a little over a decade ago, I was given the 7mm mag back, which then helped reignite my love of guns.

Since I now had a little more money, I started chasing my bucket list weapons. Bought my 44 mag desert eagle a few years ago, managed to acquire my contender... Then another and another and another and barrels custom stocks, favorite contender barrel 454 casull, custom by David Van Horn.

Rifles, built my dream AR. Always liked the weathered look, so I built this

IMG_20221008_102849432_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221008_102553214_HDR-2-scaled.jpg

Love shooting, but love being a dad showing my kids the way of the gun, more. Bought a case of binary magnums for 22s and took my kids out last year shooting. I loved watching their excitement and frustration when the could not hit the targets and earn the explosion. I loved how it allowed me to instruct the kids, they really really focused on the techniques knowing the reward was an explosion at the end of the shot. My son's favorite gun is the keltec crm30.

Love it when I ask my kid, what's the first thing you do when you get near a gun, and his snap back response... Make sure I have permission, second Make sure it's pointed in a safe direction when I pick it up, third find out if it's safe, as he removes the mags and tacks the action to clear it... He's 8...

I love that!
I'm new relatively to the prep game. I started when the last election happened. Now I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to be prepared. Started with food and water, the basics.

So, in short... New to prep and ready to learn.

Howdy from Georgia!
Yeah, I have some bucket list guns that I doubt I will ever be able to afford. I did get one though, a Browning Superposed which I never though I could afford (or rather be able to justify the cost to the wife, LOL). It's been rode hard so the stock is dinged up but that's fine because I wanted to hunt with it.
A couple that I'm pretty sure I'll never get (unless I win the MegaMillions lottery LOL) are an underlever hammer double rifle like Sean Connery's "Matilda" on League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and an Alex Henry Farquharsen that the Ruger Number One was patterned after.
Oh, and a Noreen "Long Range Assassin" (AR type rifle in 30-06 with a side charging handle) But at some point, Noreen went all PC and dropped the "Assassin" from the name, LMAO so now it's just the "Long Range".

Ironically I had already posted the intro. When I just joined and forgot. Not onboard with me, what does that even mean? I'm not here for people's approval. Just here to read, learn, and have a few laughs.

DanilG...I was wondering when I saw what I thought was a repost of the intro. I think that just threw some of us off. I think he mistakenly reposted his intro? Maybe is on more than one forum and easily mixed up with what was posted where, when? That's just my take and I'm hyper sensitive to all new intro's. (As you know). šŸ˜

I'm sure moderators can chime in to confirm, but he originally posted intro on 10/5/22. It was different intro content wise and no gun pics, but I and several others responded to it then. So it appears he did make a previous intro post.

What's funny, is that several (including moderators) that responded to his initial intro post, also said hello or howdy again via his last intro post...as if he was new again..lol...he def. Posted an intro previously...lol..šŸ˜„

I can see happens easily

Ironically I had already posted the intro. When I just joined and forgot. Not onboard with me, what does that even mean? I'm not here for people's approval. Just here to read, learn, and have a few laughs.
I think for me, it has been the "name" you chose. When I first saw it, yeah I have been on guard. I know I don't trust ANY Government agency right now, but yet you are wanting to make sure everyone knows you are not on board with the Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms? Sorry, that is just how I feel. I'm not here to approve of anyone and if you are here to read, learn and laugh than good. We welcome those kind of people. Give us your knowledge too.

I think for me, it has been the "name" you chose. When I first saw it, yeah I have been on guard. I know I don't trust ANY Government agency right now, but yet you are wanting to make sure everyone knows you are not on board with the Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms? Sorry, that is just how I feel. I'm not here to approve of anyone and if you are here to read, learn and laugh than good. We welcome those kind of people. Give us your knowledge too.
Far enough. I chose that name because on another form people kept saying I was ATF. :)
That's fair though. I can't change it. I don't trust any agency either. This whole country has gone to crap under biden.

Far enough. I chose that name because on another form people kept saying I was ATF. :)
That's fair though. I can't change it. I don't trust any agency either. This whole country has gone to crap under biden.
I don't live on here either, but I do check in on a regular basis through out the day. I have been here for years now and consider a lot of these members as "family".

Latest posts

Back