Advise offered, Fire Protection, Electrical installation and troubleshooting

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm a Husband, Father, Brother, Retired Electrician, and Retired Firefighter. I worked 45 years as an electrician and served 45 years as a volunteer firefighter and EMT. I earned an Associate Degree in Fire Protection Science so I do have an understanding of the technical aspects of fire protection. I passed a pretty rigorous apprenticeship to become a journeyman electrician and a good many optional classes in the electricians art. I am not an Electrical Engineer but I have a real mastery of the practical aspects of the use of electricity. I can offer fairly cogent ideas on both of those subjects.

I will be asking for advise on many prepping issues that I'm hoping to learn about. I don't know much at all about most of the topics I see discussed here so I do hope that people will tolerate my asking a lot of questions without taking the question I ask as some sort of attack because even if it accidentally appear to being critical it's only because I didn't write the question well enough. "Never attribute to malice what incompetence will adequately explain." Sorry but I don't know which worthy first said that.

Please except that I have all the religion I can handle from a source that I do trust. I won't denigrate anyone else's relationship with whatever they perceive the divine to be and I won't tell God that I know the only way that God should talk to other human beings because I know instinctively that that would be beyond arrogant all the way to totally delusional. In case I'm being unclear that means I do not feel in need or religious instruction nor correction.

I have political views that are just as reasonable to me as anyone else's are to them. I don't believe that some different version of political beliefs than mine makes those who hold those views the devil's personal representative in the world. I believe with a true passion that freedom of religion means ALL religion. STOP NO MORE on that topic anyway. If I can help anyone in either of the areas which I actually know something about I will be more than happy to do so and I won't require a certificate of adherence to any particular religion or political belief first. I will however, demand the same of anyone who wishes me to interact with them in any way.

Even if a disagree fervently with what you are saying I will still defend unto my death your right to say it. You see I signed the blank check to the people of these United States good up to the value of my life. "I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender a command that still has the means to resist..."

Tommy H

Warm Welcome from the Arizona valley folks. USA

Good intro, ask and you shall receive or so I have been told. LOL Great bunch of people here.

Hi all

I'm a Husband, Father, Brother, Retired Electrician, and Retired Firefighter. I worked 45 years as an electrician and served 45 years as a volunteer firefighter and EMT. I earned an Associate Degree in Fire Protection Science so I do have an understanding of the technical aspects of fire protection. I passed a pretty rigorous apprenticeship to become a journeyman electrician and a good many optional classes in the electricians art. I am not an Electrical Engineer but I have a real mastery of the practical aspects of the use of electricity. I can offer fairly cogent ideas on both of those subjects.

I will be asking for advise on many prepping issues that I'm hoping to learn about. I don't know much at all about most of the topics I see discussed here so I do hope that people will tolerate my asking a lot of questions without taking the question I ask as some sort of attack because even if it accidentally appear to being critical it's only because I didn't write the question well enough. "Never attribute to malice what incompetence will adequately explain." Sorry but I don't know which worthy first said that.

Please except that I have all the religion I can handle from a source that I do trust. I won't denigrate anyone else's relationship with whatever they perceive the divine to be and I won't tell God that I know the only way that God should talk to other human beings because I know instinctively that that would be beyond arrogant all the way to totally delusional. In case I'm being unclear that means I do not feel in need or religious instruction nor correction.

I have political views that are just as reasonable to me as anyone else's are to them. I don't believe that some different version of political beliefs than mine makes those who hold those views the devil's personal representative in the world. I believe with a true passion that freedom of religion means ALL religion. STOP NO MORE on that topic anyway. If I can help anyone in either of the areas which I actually know something about I will be more than happy to do so and I won't require a certificate of adherence to any particular religion or political belief first. I will however, demand the same of anyone who wishes me to interact with them in any way.

Even if a disagree fervently with what you are saying I will still defend unto my death your right to say it. You see I signed the blank check to the people of these United States good up to the value of my life. "I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender a command that still has the means to resist..."

Tommy H
Welcome from another electrician, EMT and person who believes in others rights to their opinions as much as I do in mine.
As far as prepping goes, it’s mostly just common sense. We all need water, food, shelter and security. Those are the basics of life. Prepping is just about ways to help ensure we can have our basic needs met even through tough times. Looking forward to hearing your views.

Latest posts

Back