?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is urban survival even possible ? as in Singapore... everything is high rise and it does not have any natural supplies.. I wonder how am i going to survive if SHTF ... what to do if my preps run out..

You could always jump from the balcony once supplies run out.....just kidding, IF I was that concerned I would move.....

I do plan to consider to move to the US tho, its great there.. but i hv plan first

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Is urban survival even possible ? as in Singapore... everything is high rise and it does not have any natural supplies.. I wonder how am i going to survive if SHTF ... what to do if my preps run out..

Look at what just happened in Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico. There are so many other scenarios that are FAR MORE likely to occur than SHTF. Every location has its own challenges...focus on yours.

Cover all your bases as far as essentials are concerned. Water, food, medical, etc. Know your immediate area. Have a backup for a backup. Think of everything you might need worst case scenario. And high rise buildings also have advantages most people aren't aware of. Think of maximizing advantages rather than focusing on disadvantages.

Also don't let this stuff completely consume your life. It's easy to get carried away in it all. Constant worry is not good for your health and your HEALTH is most important. Cover your bases and think of alternative scenarios but there comes a point where you still have to live your life. If you aren't enjoying your life then your losing anyway.

Most people on this forum are long retired with grandkids. They can afford to focus on different things at that stage in life that you might not be able to just yet. Do the best you can with your budget but focus on basic essentials first.

I liked Docs advise about growing your own food in pots. It would help now and in a SHTF scenerio. Anything that could by you sometime if you can not bug out. Personally I would just cause I think in the city will be the first place people will start looking for resources of food and water. If you do stay, might want to think about how to reenforce your doors and windows.

I like old school ways. . . learn hunting, gardening, canning, drying, soapmaking, etc. Learn the old ways of doing things. These can all be used now so you get proficient with these skills and not trying to learn them in a have to situation.

I like old school ways. . . learn hunting, gardening, canning, drying, soapmaking, etc. Learn the old ways of doing things. These can all be used now so you get proficient with these skills and not trying to learn them in a have to situation.
Old school is always useful... esp skillsets

I don't know if the Foxfire series of books are available over there, but they are a good read of useful skills. Done by highschool students that went into the Appalachian mountains and interviewed the old timers. Lots of good information.

I don't know if the Foxfire series of books are available over there, but they are a good read of useful skills. Done by highschool students that went into the Appalachian mountains and interviewed the old timers. Lots of good information.
Ouh[emoji3]

and I belive you have alot of jungle in your neck of woods,surviving in it is tatally different than my nordic forrest for me,I have one snake to watch out for,
you on the other hand has a jungle wanting to eat you ;)

In an Urban environment, post SHTF, the biggest threat there is the other survivors.

There are only 4 options.
1. Hide from them.
2. Join with them. (find the strongest, most providing group you can)
3. Fight them. (usually won't end well, and risky)
4. Run. Go somewhere THEY are not.

For my money, I'd go with option 4. Even if you hide, eventually you will open yourself to more and more risk as resources dwindle. Even if you join or fight, there will always be others that will fight as well.

As for WHERE to go....go rural. Nicer, more community minded people...who will welcome your labor in exchange for resources.

Latest posts

Back