$1 Billion in recent purchases near Travis AFB

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it wasn't for the agenda 2030/50 stuff where the WEF wants 30%/50% of the land in the US under "conservancy", "preservation" and the maps I have seen of the Wildlands project, including the banning of human presence zones from the UN, I would agree @Arcticdude.
But, knowing how underhanded and sneaky the progressive tyrants have become, I'm not going to just ignore it and say everything is hunky-dory.
Our government, local and many states, are trying to phase out limited term conservation programs like CRP, and pushing conservation easements...which are in perpetuity. It's already happening right now. Then the government can control private land...forever.

We're talking about private land here, not public domain land. Big difference. The buyer of that property can do what he wants with it. Just like you or I can do with our land. The government has been buying up and confiscating private land for years now and putting much of it off limits to humans. We have no idea what this guy plans to do with his land. That's none of our business.

Yes they can, however, if my neighbor at my BOL just sold to the Chinese Communist government posing as a US Corporation, I'd like to know about it. Might affect my decision as to whether or not I want to sell and move, or even buy in the first place or, how much I am willing to pay for it...so yes, in a way it is our business. Ditto for a military base especially with numb nuts, don't shoot down the pretty Chinese spy balloon, in office.

The Lawyers for the corporation said it is 95% owned by citizens. When was the last time you heard a lawyer cop to 100% of the truth? That is what they get paid NOT to do. Otherwise, you just let the CEO make a statement.

Last edited:
Just who do you want to decide who is allowed to buy what land, how much land and where? Our government?
I agree that we should ban foreign ownership of US land. But never to US citizens. If I had an extra billion or two laying around I'd buy large tracts of land too.

I never said I wanted any purchase banned, I just want to know who my neighbors are and where people may be who have....shall I say, less than good intentions towards me and mine or my Country.

I do however believe that Countries who work against ours, especially militarily, probably shouldn't have ownership of our strategic resources.

Last edited:
I never said I wanted any purchase banned, I just want to know who my neighbors are and where people may be who have....less than good intentions towards me and mine or my Country. I do however believe that Countries who work against ours, probably shouldn't have ownership of our strategic resources.
Land purchase are public record. They are generally recorded at the county court house.
I agree, foreigners shouldn't have ownership of our strategic resources, or our politicians.

Land purchase are public record. They are generally recorded at the county court house.
I agree, foreigners shouldn't have ownership of our strategic resources, or our politicians.

Yes, they are but, I will give you an example of why I have a little bee in my bonnet: My BOL2 is surrounded by thousands of acres of forestry land. So before I bought, I looked into who owned it.

It is an American land management company based in Houston but, the major financing partner is the Chinese. It took me quite a bit of research to track that down. They are getting sneaky and doing their best to remain opaque.

That land is oil and gas land; crickets and gas storage all over...as a matter of fact, a major oil pipeline runs right through the middle of it and a gas line along the north!

When we were in the bidding process for BOL2, there were 8 bidders. I had to outbid them for that property. One of them, I found out after the fact, (law prohibits me from being told who the other bidders were during) was this Chinese company. Since then, not a week goes by that I don't get an "offer" from some "investing company" interested in buying the lower 30 that abuts two of their plats.

The land for my BOL went for more than two and a half times asking price, taking it out of the reach of all of the locals who are mostly ranchers and farmers. There were only two cash offers; mine and guess who else?

At first, you look at it, and its like, what harm is there in the Chinese Communist Government owning a bunch of timber but, then when you look more closely, and find those pipelines running through there....is that really something you would want the Chinese or any hostile having access to?

Who gets to decide?

I'm all for being able to sell your land to whomever you would like. I am not for selling out your country to make a bigger buck.

Last edited:
Yes, they are but, I will give you an example of why I have a little bee in my bonnet: My BOL2 is surrounded by thousands of acres of forestry land. So before I bought, I looked into who owned it.

It is an American land management company based in Houston but, the major financing partner is the Chinese. It took me quite a bit of research to track that down. They are getting sneaky and doing their best to remain opaque. That land is oil and gas land....as a matter of fact, a major oil pipeline runs right through the middle of it!
Do they own the mineral rights with that land? If not, it won't do them much good as far as oil/gas production.
My land is surrounded by a million acres of US National Forest land. This land is open to mineral entry. There are dozens of mining claims staked around our property. Just out of curiosity I'm going to find out what mining company staked the claims and what minerals they're looking for. It could make our place very valuable. I own the mineral rights.

Do they own the mineral rights with that land? If not, it won't do them much good as far as oil/gas production.
My land is surrounded by a million acres of US National Forest land. This land is open to mineral entry. There are dozens of mining claims staked around our property. Just out of curiosity I'm going to find out what mining company staked the claims and what minerals they're looking for. It could make our place very valuable. I own the mineral rights.

According to the Texas Railway Commission, yes, they own the mineral rights. More of a concern to me is the access they have to the pipelines should things go sideways.

Offer enough money and you can own the rights with any property. It is rare however that any property in Texas is sold with the oil and gas rights. Those have been claimed and owned by Heritage families for generations and generally will cost half a mill on their own, outside the cost of the land. Here, other mineral rights (gravel, sand, gold, iron ore etc) are separate and will often come with the property. How much your oil and gas rights are worth depends on how easily accessible they are, how much is stored and if the reserve is already being accessed by another property.

Last edited:
According to the Texas Railway Commission, yes, they own the mineral rights. More of a concern to me is the access they have to the pipelines should things go sideways.

Offer enough money and you can own the rights with any property. It is rare however that any property in Texas is sold with the oil and gas rights. Those have been claimed and owned by Heritage families for generations and generally will cost half a mill on their own, outside of the property. Here, other mineral rights (gravel, sand, gold, iron ore etc) are separate and will often come with the property. How much your oil and gas rights are worth depends on how easily accessible they are, how much is stored and if the reserve is already being accessed by another property.
When I worked in North Dakota I had to deal with upset land owners who found out the they didn't own the mineral rights to their land. Generally they were sold a couple generation's ago. They weren't too pleased when we'd show up with a drill rig. Or when the oil started flowing and they didn't get a piece of it. Their only compensation would be for the construction of the 10 to 20 acre pad and the loss of crops on that acreage. There could be 4 to 8 wells drilled on that pad. Whenever a person buys land they should make sure that the mineral rights come with it.

When I worked in North Dakota I had to deal with upset land owners who found out the they didn't own the mineral rights to their land. Generally they were sold a couple generation's ago. They weren't too pleased when we'd show up with a drill rig. Or when the oil started flowing and they didn't get a piece of it. Their only compensation would be for the construction of the 10 to 20 acre pad and the loss of crops on that acreage. There could be 4 to 8 wells drilled on that pad. Whenever a person buys land they should make sure that the mineral rights come with it.

That is an ideal. Unfortunately here, no one except corporations and multimillionaires with a lot of cash sitting around could afford to do that. It is the difference between being able to afford a property or not ever being able to afford a property for any use.

The way I look at it is this. The mineral rights have been there for a very long time. If there isn't a cricket on your property, but, there are other wells and such all around...for whatever reason, they have not drilled on your property and are probably accessing whatever reservoir is beneath it already via the surrounding properties. As long as I retain all other mineral rights and no one is coming to dig a pit in the middle of my property to mine iron or gravel, I can live with that.

I have been trying for months to get in touch with the owner of the land east of BOL2. There is a name and an address, but it's not the current address. I have found two other addresses, neither valid. I have found about eight phone numbers, all dead ends. There seems to be no record of this person doing anything in a decade. The county says someone pays the taxes on time so that's all they care about.

I have been trying for months to get in touch with the owner of the land east of BOL2. There is a name and an address, but it's not the current address. I have found two other addresses, neither valid. I have found about eight phone numbers, all dead ends. There seems to be no record of this person doing anything in a decade. The county says someone pays the taxes on time so that's all they care about.
I can see that happening. Will the tax assessor let you see one of the canceled checks? They must have an address of where to send the tax bills, right?

I can get online and see my tax bill and pay with CC. So a canceled check may not be available
I can also see what all my neighbors are assessed for and their tax. I can’t see their mailing address (We dont get mail delivery). Only 2 I can’t see, is a Sherrif and a Lawyer.
Possibly check on Building Dept website for any recent permit pulls.

I can see that happening. Will the tax assessor let you see one of the canceled checks? They must have an address of where to send the tax bills, right?
They said they mail it to the address on the property record. Doesn't really matter where they mail it, because whoever is paying can do it online with needing a tax bill. And of course they won't tell me that information.

I have tried every which way from Sunday to get in touch with the owner. I even got my real estate agent to help me try to track the guy down. I guess I need to hire a skip tracer.

I have a feeling the guy is no longer in the land of the living.
The online county property site still show the previous owner owning the land I bought. I've been told their property tax records are a mess, and they don't even know who owes what on a lot of properties.

The guy I bought my property from told me he thought that was his land until he had a survey done. Until the county told me someone was paying the property taxes, I thought the land was abandoned and I was going to try to do an adverse possession. But as long as someone is paying the property tax, that's not possible (you have to pay the property tax for a certain amount of time before trying an adverse possession.)

Access to the property is over a long private dirt road to which the owner has an access easement. But there is a locked gate and the guy that manages that gate says that he has never seen or heard from the owner, so for many years neither the owner nor anyone connected to the owner have actually been to the property. They would have to have gotten a key to the gate first.

The owner once had a property management company, but that company no longer exists.

@DrHenley if this helps. A way I investigated a Cash sale property I was looking at.

Google, DDG, Yahoo the address.

When you get the names attached, start over with each name. Do the county for each name too.

When I found the name of the woman, I researched her, death records, (property looked like a crazy cat lady with caged areas). Looked for animal control taking in cats. Found her husband was swept off a pier doing a bird count. A bird nut which explained 3 of the shed structures

I think she turned into a crazy cat lady after 2010. Daughter lived 2 states away.

If you look at the names and everything involved, you may get a hint.

They said they mail it to the address on the property record. Doesn't really matter where they mail it, because whoever is paying can do it online with needing a tax bill. And of course they won't tell me that information.

I have tried every which way from Sunday to get in touch with the owner. I even got my real estate agent to help me try to track the guy down. I guess I need to hire a skip tracer.

I have a feeling the guy is no longer in the land of the living.
The online county property site still show the previous owner owning the land I bought. I've been told their property tax records are a mess, and they don't even know who owes what on a lot of properties.

The guy I bought my property from told me he thought that was his land until he had a survey done. Until the county told me someone was paying the property taxes, I thought the land was abandoned and I was going to try to do an adverse possession. But as long as someone is paying the property tax, that's not possible (you have to pay the property tax for a certain amount of time before trying an adverse possession.)

Access to the property is over a long private dirt road to which the owner has an access easement. But there is a locked gate and the guy that manages that gate says that he has never seen or heard from the owner, so for many years neither the owner nor anyone connected to the owner have actually been to the property. They would have to have gotten a key to the gate first.

The owner once had a property management company, but that company no longer exists.

It could also be the property is in trust or in probate. Each state has their own process for those things. A trust can pay the taxes and not just a specific person.

County residents have been receiving text to participate in a survey about a new city,
Key take away-The new city is pitched as having a “feel like a college town,” with a mixture of housing, schools and restaurants and an emphasis on walkability.

Mmmmmmmmmm

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/mystery-bay-area-buyer-poll-new-city-18311007.php

They are calling those "15 minute cities". It is a master planned community on steroids.

We have something similar in a nearby town. They built all of these cute 1 and 2 bedroom houses, parks , schools and such. Called it the town center. Zoned businesses all around it. They said everything you would ever need is within walking distance. People still drive. When it is 122 degrees in the sun, what did you think people would do? The HOA fees are astronomical and the regulations are so restrictive you may as well be living in an apartment instead of owning a home.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back