Winter 2019/2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This place used to be covered In ice, I don't recall any human activity that caused it to melt then? Mother nature has her moods that change, she is in one of her moods now, just the natural flow of thing.
I agree that there have been many swings in temperatures over the last hundreds of millions of years. I also know that when there is a sudden change it dosen’t bode well for most species. I look at man made climate change similar to when the tobacco companies said smoking didn’t cause cancer. I see more than enough evidence to be convinced, and don’t need to wait for thirty years of research to build an airtight case. All I am sure of is animal species are being decimated worldwide, from insects to large predators. Between the pollution we are pumping into the air and the breakdown in the food chain we are ensuring future generations will not enjoy the abundance and quality of life that we have. The planet warming and oceans rising will continue, and all the far left activism won’t slow it down. As I’ve said before, I’m 56, so it won’t affect my life too much but I would like to leave the world as I do a campsite, with it as clean as it was when I arrived.

old Ma Nature has her ways if you look at the weather thru the ages it has it's ups and downs,there was a time when the Arctic was warm with Dinosaurs roaming the land and there was also a time when a lot of the midwest was under water,,,,we were not around to cause that so I think the Global warming caused by man is HOGWASH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Western Interior Seaway (also called the Cretaceous Seaway, the Niobraran Sea, the North American Inland Sea, and the Western Interior Sea) was a large inland sea that existed during the mid- to late Cretaceous period as well as the very early Paleogene, splitting the continent of North America into two landmasses, ...

I agree that there have been many swings in temperatures over the last hundreds of millions of years. I also know that when there is a sudden change it dosen’t bode well for most species. I look at man made climate change similar to when the tobacco companies said smoking didn’t cause cancer. I see more than enough evidence to be convinced, and don’t need to wait for thirty years of research to build an airtight case. All I am sure of is animal species are being decimated worldwide, from insects to large predators. Between the pollution we are pumping into the air and the breakdown in the food chain we are ensuring future generations will not enjoy the abundance and quality of life that we have. The planet warming and oceans rising will continue, and all the far left activism won’t slow it down. As I’ve said before, I’m 56, so it won’t affect my life too much but I would like to leave the world as I do a campsite, with it as clean as it was when I arrived.

So true. Let's see, 'global warming' got big attention in the 90's and we had 10 years to fix things or else the world would burst into flame. 10 years later, they said we had 10 years to fix things or else the world would burst into flames and it'd only be put out by rising oceans. And finally, the past 10 years they told us we have 10 years before global warming (or climate change, or something) would cause everything to burst into flame unless we destroyed our economy with the green new deal. We are already 30 years into this future of doom and rising oceans. So far, it's looking wonderful.

man has changed the planet out of all recognition, many species have gone extinct and are going extinct because there are too many people on the planet and its affecting the natural balance, in the past we didn't have factory smoke stacks belching out polluting gasses, the industrial revolution didn't start here until 1750, and we didn't have all the petrol and diesel vehicle belching out harmful gasses at the same level as the kiddies in the buggies- no wonder there are more respiratory diseases .
forests are being chopped down so we can have palm oil in our food, trees are the lungs of the planet and they are being chopped down in their millions, and people say man isn't adding to climate change! really??

I would like to leave the world as I do a campsite, with it as clean as it was when I arrived.
Funny how "pollution loving" conservatives pick up after themselves at political rallies and "save the planet" liberals leave the place in shambles...if not in flames.

Two thought come to mind when reviewing these posts.

1) Years ago (before global warming), I heard someone ask the question. Is the Earth too cold or too warm for supporting live? The answer, at that time, was "too cold". The spokesperson pointed out that the vast amount of abundant and diverse life happened near the equator where it is warmer. Based upon how the diverse life was thriving in the hot humid regions, life required a warmer environment. Based upon these FACTS that can be seen by your own eyes, is global warming BAD for the earth?? Maybe your little area of turf is having a problem, but is Earth?? Some of the colder species will die off but be replaced with more warmer species. NATURE'S way.

I have never seen anything that disputed that argument from many years ago.

2) While there are a lot of climate issues caused by man, the US is not the main contributor. The US has, for years, been cleaning up it's act. See what the cities looked like in the 70s. See today. The air and water is tremendously cleaner. It is ASIA and South American that fail (or refuse) to clean-up their act. Meanwhile the "so called" climate experts still try to blame it on the US. I say, pull our and/or cancel ALL treaties (or accords) that blame the US and expects the US citizens to pay those who have caused the actual problem.

OK, I am getting off my soapbox now.

Latest posts

Back