Winter 2019/2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s pretty cool, being in a small community where you can walk to everything and probably know most of your neighbors. I love where I am but it’s rural and most neighbore never do more than wave when driving past.

now that is my idea of a good neighbor,,,one that just waves as they go by,,,,the ones that stop either need help or want to borrow something,,,,,BAD NEIGHBORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to drive up to Asheville today for an electrical part. It’s a bit higher elevation there and was snowing pretty good. It was sticking in some shady spots but not on pavement or cars at all. Was fun to see for a southern boy anyways. Damn cold though with the wind.

On the Cumberland Plateau they were expecting 2". They were cancelling school.

Yes guys, here 2" is major.
Yeah, just about 5 yrs ago the whole of Rayburn Co. Ga. only had 1 snow plow for the entire county. Remember when Atlanta shut down completely with the ice? Us southerners don’t know how to deal with the stuff, and I’m almost kind of glad of it....

Been cutting some small wood and kindling this morning. My son help load and unload. Getting ready for 20s temps and rain/snow chances starting Tuesday.

Please make it snow and not cold rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit I was totally wrong about this Winter.

When Tennessee had a snow in November, I was convinced it would be cold and snowy season. The squirrels were stripping the cedar trees and i thought it was for protection from cold , but it seems it was to protect them from the rain. I could never write for Farmers' Almanac.

Once again we have had a warm, rainy Winter. I am so tired on the grey and gloom. Tomorrow we have 100% rain forecast. Bring on the sun and heat so I can till and plant.

Latest posts

Back