This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im sticking with the 55 gallon barrels for now..on account im thinking along the lines of in the home use..and eventually,i'll be getting a lid n all and a hand pump for it..this way it can be used for the toilet without it being a problem...
That is why I got me 2 with a small hose on them so I can drain them out when I need to or just get water from it, I get tired of using a bucket, because when it's full it's heavy.

now im thinking of 2-55 gallon barrels for the bathroom..i think that i (might) have enough room in there for both.have a lid and clamp on both.but only 1 hand pump for both.and just swap out barrels when/if needed..then refill the empty some how..

hope it works for ya..a 2nd plano xxl box might work for any extras you might have left over.or a smaller one..

i have a set up in the van.in which i keep zippo's and lighter fluid in it,among other things...im gonna have to replace it..on account the zipper is messing up on it..

IN that case then I am going to keep the same one on and not have to change it. Makes me feel much better. Yeah I don't get to book stores any more. I would love to because I love to read, but I hate the ride to Raleigh and then all the crowds up there. To much bother to me.
I never change the pressure cap, I just adjust the temp on the range. Sometimes I'll tilt it to release some steam if it starts getting too high, but I have it down pretty well now on what temp to put the stove on.

I bought one of the U.S postal service first aid kits form the Sportsmans Guide couple years ago , its designed very organized like a small file cabenit . I add other stuff to it keeping it by catagory . One of the good surplus buy's the Guide is known for . They still sale surplus in lots rather cheap compaired to what other places sale surplus for .

I bought one of the U.S postal service first aid kits form the Sportsmans Guide couple years ago , its designed very organized like a small file cabenit . I add other stuff to it keeping it by catagory . One of the good surplus buy's the Guide is known for . They still sale surplus in lots rather cheap compaired to what other places sale surplus for .
Have you got a picture of what it looks like?

I do not get to post pic's with my dial up service . I could wait for hours and it would still be loading . Blue canvas cube the top zips off and its catagorized by injury type .

Today I spent pretty much all day reorganizing my house with an emphasis on my preps. The re-org helped free up a lot of space and I was able to catalogue everything with an app so I have a better idea of my food and water storage and can better plan my future shopping. I also bought myself a new BOB and turned my old one into my new GHG, both of which will get their own posts in the appropriate areas once I have some time. It's been awhile and I've gotten some new goodies to discuss with the clan since my last postings.

now im thinking of 2-55 gallon barrels for the bathroom..i think that i (might) have enough room in there for both.have a lid and clamp on both.but only 1 hand pump for both.and just swap out barrels when/if needed..then refill the empty some how..

I don't have room for a barrel in any of my bathrooms, but for the master bath, and the main guest bath, I plan on putting a rain catchment barrel outside the window, with a hose I can bring in through the window, to fill the toilets, if needed in an emergency.

Of course, the greater plan is to have a solar-powered well pump, so I won't have to worry about it, but that's some good money, so this is going to be an "in the meantime" solution, as well as a contingency solution.

thats the reason i got the barrel i have now..it's a temporary situation..and just like you and others.i need to work on the perminet situation..in which i've started a list of things to buy.in which one with lid n all is on the list...i figure that'll look better then one without a lid..we have what i consider a small bathroom..but yet, it's big enough for 1 maybe 2 barrels.and clothes hamper..

Ordered for the first aid kit

U.S. Military Field Medic Instrument Kit
01 Pieces. Probe double Ended 01 Pieces. Scalple Handel Number 4 01 Pieces. Mosqutio Forceps 5" Straight 01 Pieces. Mosqutio Forceps 5" Curved 01 Pieces. Kelly Forceps 5.5" Straight 01 Pieces. Kelly Forceps 5.5" curved 01 pieces. Butterfly Grooved Director 01 Pieces. Mayo Hegar Needle Holder 14cm 01 Pieces. operating Scissors Sharp/blunt Straight 5.5" 01 Pieces. operating Scissors Sharp/blunt Curved 5.5" 01 Pieces. Thumb Forceps 5" 01 Pieces. Tissue forceps toothed 1x2 5" 01 Pieces. Chain Hook 01 pieces. Scalpel Blades

Water-Jel Large Burn Kit
(1) fire blankets (1) 36" x 30" burn wrap, (1) 12" x 16" face mask dressing, (1) 8" x 18" burn dressing, (1) 4" x 16" burn dressing, (3) 4" x 4" burn dressings, (4) 3" roll gauze, (1) scissors

Over the counter meds
2 Ibuprofen (bottles)
2 Acetaminophen (bottles)
2 Diphenhydramine (bottles)
2 Loperamide
2 Pseudoephedrine
2 Meclizine
2 Ranitidine
2 Hydrocortisone cream
2 Bacitracin ointment
2 Clotrimazole

Well, I got some useful gear for Christmas. I got a Sawyer Mini Water filter and a Ultimate Survival Technologies fire starting kit with a signalling mirror. The Sawyer Mini Water filter is helpful because of its size and its longevity, it can filter up to 100,ooo gallons of water.

I picked up some small first aid kits for each family vehicle and some emergency candles. Got all of this real cheap at Dollar Tree. Also got a sweet camo hunting blind for Christmas.

i did our grocery primary shopping today.and picked up a few xtra cans of food..and that includes 1 case of chicken n dumplings.2-10 cans of pork-n-beans and 8 cans of chilli with no beans,and a few cans of ranch style beans.

i did our grocery primary shopping today.and picked up a few xtra cans of food..and that includes 1 case of chicken n dumplings.2-10 cans of pork-n-beans and 8 cans of chilli with no beans,and a few cans of ranch style beans.
I started with just a couple extra cans each trip to the store, and now have 5 or 6 mo. of extra food. It took a while to build that up, but you gotta start somewhere!

Latest posts

Back