This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
placed an order for some extra mags for my 10/22 along with an new stock for it, extra food too,found a supplement for meat,soy-granules,boil them in beef-stock for a few minutes,just like meat. shelflife is good as its dry stuff
..otherwise it's been school and worries that my oldest son act stupidly when his girlfriend said bye..

Got two personal Lifestraws for the vehicles. Been needing these for awhile and had a little extra money leftover from Christmas, so I went ahead and sprung for the pair.

Excited for you Jontte, 10/22s are awesome! What stock are you going with?

as the caliber is .22lr and not that powerful,I'm going to put a dragunov style stock on it and concentrate even more on accuracy ,should cut some weight from it and if you have to bug-out,less weight to carry is better,still going to keep the original stock..

heck you never know with our government and police in the future,they might ban that type of stock..

but yup, I really love that 10/22,but need something with bigger punch in the future,and as the caliber 7,62x39 is available here,it's going to be something that uses that round

I guess since I am new here, I will catch y'all up on my preps.
This summer we purchased a new tractor for the place. Then had to build a pole barn to have a place to keep new tractor. Built the pole barn large enough to also store fuel tanks. Finished prepping fuel tanks and placed in barn.
Built greenhouse for winter growing. Still have to put in roof vent system and heater.
Installed security cameras around place. I like to know what's going on outside when I'm inside.
Started work on enlarging pond in preparation to stock it.
Last weekend did an inventory on food stocks and ammunition.
This weekend I'm learning how to build a PV system for backup power. Weather isn't going to let me get outside.

Started work on enlarging pond in preparation to stock it.

That's what we put in a couple of years ago, the mini lake is artesian fed so we bleed it off into the garden, I stock it with trout, catfish and suckers.

DSCF0028.JPG

Last edited:
Nice!
Mine doesn't look near that nice yet.
Mine is run off fed and fills very quickly during a storm.
After digging it and it filled up, I figured out that it was not nearly as large as it needed to be. I dug it plenty deep, just not large enough.
After I complete the enlargement, I am going to install a solar power aerator. Water can get a little stagnant down here in the summer.

Maverick,that looks both beautiful and useful,you guys amaze me constantly.

the only thing i dont like about peacocks.is and the noise they make..and as for them taking care of business.that could be a problem as welll

the only thing i dont like about peacocks.is and the noise they make..and as for them taking care of business.that could be a problem as welll

they are noisy from time to time and destructive if not watched, these are wild here as will as the turkeys, the peacocks are very good alerters and they seem to like my property, the dogs leave them alone and they leave the dogs alone, the one thing you don't want is a pissed off peacock running around though generally they are very peaceful.

We don't have any critters yet. Wanted to get everything else in place a running smoothly first.
The wife has bee hives on my to do list next. Then I will start working on my chicken coop and run.
I am considering fencing off the back part of my property for a couple goats. Haven't decided on that yet.

would love to have bee hives,unfortunately must wait 'till I relocate my ### to the rural parts..

have to finish my paramedic school first,then it will be bye-bye this place,even if it means moving closer to mad-Vlad country,but you can't get everything.. ;)

Latest posts

Back