This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished our information printouts and organized into folders (sample below) this way anyone in our party at home/BOL can retrieve important information in printed form away from digital media sources.

Freq. programmed in the Baofeng
IMG_1883.JPG

ARES/RACES info
IMG_1882.JPG

General communication info
IMG_1884.JPG

Radiological info (protection, symptoms and treatment)
IMG_1885.JPG

Lisa is at her office putting these in in protective covers for me (in case we have no computers to utilize CHIRP)
Baofeng programming instructions from KC9HI 74 pages revised 12/04/2014: http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/pdf/uv-5r_v1.0-annotated_by_KC9HI.pdf

Last edited:
I think most preppers don't have enough information like that in their big-out kit. Things like maps but also medical information about the members of your party (pre-existing conditions or issues that may need immediate attention if that person were to be found). Radio frequencies are a great idea for radio users. I keep copies of our SS cards, medical insurance cards, DLs, and debit cards just in case there's a house fire or something of that nature. I also keep contact information for family close friends in case phone service exists but I don't have a working cell. Pictures of loved ones are good to have in case you get separated.

Finished our information printouts and organized into folders (sample below) this way anyone in our party at home/BOL can retrieve important information in printed form away from digital media sources.

Freq. programmed in the Baofeng
View attachment 4123

ARES/RACES info
View attachment 4124

General communication info
View attachment 4125

Radiological info (protection, symptoms and treatment)
View attachment 4126

Lisa is at her office putting these in in protective covers for me (in case we have no computers to utilize CHIRP)
Baofeng programming instructions from KC9HI 74 pages revised 12/04/2014: http://www.miklor.com/uv5r/pdf/uv-5r_v1.0-annotated_by_KC9HI.pdf
Most don't realize how fast internet, cell phone, and even electricity can go down. In any emergency situation we could be back to the pre electronic age in a moment. I've been working on hard copies of all kinds of things, from medical info, to farming tips. Prepping is about backups, and I like having a backup for my backups.

I think most preppers don't have enough information like that in their big-out kit. Things like maps but also medical information about the members of your party (pre-existing conditions or issues that may need immediate attention if that person were to be found). Radio frequencies are a great idea for radio users. I keep copies of our SS cards, medical insurance cards, DLs, and debit cards just in case there's a house fire or something of that nature. I also keep contact information for family close friends in case phone service exists but I don't have a working cell. Pictures of loved ones are good to have in case you get separated.

Must have a backup to the backup preferably in printed form if at all possible
Information not hard to get (on line and free), if anyone has a problem retrieving any of it and its not posted here, shoot Silent Bob a PM, he posted a ton of PDFs here already.

little slow with my preps,but the usual canned food and then some medicines;various types
Even if it's just little things, just keep moving fowards!:). I removed the form on my root cellar today. It was for the dirt retention at the front top. The concrete on it looks a little rough as it froze the night I poured it, but is solid enough. I cleaned the sides and will do the final sealing tomorrow, then I can start burying the thing. It's good to see some movement on it again. I really hate winter!

I've been working on hard copies of all kinds of things, from medical info, to farming tips.

There are some great "country living" type books at most feed stores or Tractor Supply. I've found them an invaluable addition to the library. Everything from farming, to livestock, septic, etc.

Another good source for hard copies is paperbackswap, I piggy back off my wife's account, I give her a list of books I want and she post to the site for me, I've got some good hard back books for about $3 bucks but if you got books you no longer want and list them and someone wants the book you pay the shipping (roughly $3 bucks) thus credit is given to your account that is applied to the book you want so in the end you paid $3 dollars so if your on a budget that's a good way to go though you can wait a while but if you are not in a hurry it's a good program.

Got a folding saw, built an upside-down or self-feeding fire for the first time and it burned for 4 hours and left a good bed of coals that would be restart able with almost no effort. I love working up my skills like that. More food and water for both bug-in and bug-out. Reorganized my bug-out bag a little bit.

Little stuff. Need more ammo but what else is new?

Couple weeks ago wife and I went to a Gun Show and picked up a couple M-40 gas masks to add to our preps. I picked up a 4 plate body armor vest. This past weekend we looked at a 25 acre property, most of it's wooded with a couple clearings in the interior of the property. It has a small hunting cabin on it with a few extras. There's a well on the property and has a couple creeks that run through it. Going to walk the property again this weekend and 95% sure will put an offer on it. We've been looking for a property like this for a couple years. Short-term this will be our bug-out location. Long-term, the plan is to build our compound... house to fit our needs with underground bunker, grow most of our food, rounded off with goats and chickens.

i been going through 4 small totes i have here in my room.in which i already have a small amount of prepps in one of them.getting rid of the trash.then i should have 1 or 2 empty totes for more prepps..trying to get them where i can have the needed prepps in them, for getting out in a hurry if need be.but of course coming up with the proper prepps for them.

I also second rabbits, with the chickens and same true with rabbits I use a small game mesh fencing buried under the pin/coup and use the same fencing for the sides with the walls buried and connected to the floor meshing, same with the top with the outer skirts of chicken wire, we have some pretty persistent predators (though not bear proof) this has kept out the wolverine's coyotes cougars lynx bobcats skunks coons hawks the notorious troublemakers here.

This weeks preps: Bought a TECSUN PL-660 radio - AM/FM/Air Band/Shortwave SSB/SW MW LW Conversion; picked up Ham Radio for Dummies - plan is to get my Ham Radio License; last prep for the week was a survival ammo can. Excited about tomorrow's property walk-about and making an offer. In addition to buying preps, the wife and I plan to scale back on non-prep belongings.... holiday decorations, extra cookware, extra furniture, general stuff that we accumulated over the years that just takes up space... Hopefully tomorrow's update will be we put an offer on the property. Stay tuned!

Latest posts

Back