This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow I am getting a month supply of e-liquid for my e-cig. I figured if I can get the $20 discount then I will buy the 10 bottles and keep some put away. I figure in 6 months time I will have an extra 6 months worth put away. She got them in today but I was to tired to drive back there, so tomorrow I pick that up.

Danilgrl sent me a really good joke page about proofreading not long ago. My computer at home died recently, Ill post it when I get up and running again.

Just ordered several crank flashlights, some Wise Company food, and some mini survival kits. Mostly got all this just to try it out and see if its worth the money.

Just ordered several crank flashlights, some Wise Company food, and some mini survival kits. Mostly got all this just to try it out and see if its worth the money.
Good move, especially on the food. I would really try it first before spending lots of money on something I don't like. I saw some mountain house in Walmart, and may try a couple of them. I'm still partial to growing and canning your own, along with saving the seeds for the next year, but I do have some mre's in the emergency car bag.

some mre's are always good to have,it's more seeds this week and have to do a first-aid course,have the certificate,but school want me to take it, and the usual food stuffs

I bought some crank lights, and a few battery operated lights. I believe I am starting to get some things finally that will help out some. I would love to get some more solar lights, but my dog wont allow them in the yard. He went through my last 8 last week. He thinks they are chew toys. I thought about buying some and putting them on the tops of the fence posts around they yard but I am sure the neighbors would find them easy prey to steal.

Good move, especially on the food. I would really try it first before spending lots of money on something I don't like. I saw some mountain house in Walmart, and may try a couple of them. I'm still partial to growing and canning your own, along with saving the seeds for the next year, but I do have some mre's in the emergency car bag.
I was thinking about trying some of them through Walmart for that just in case moment. I may do that this coming summer.

i've been thinking of getting the solar lights that have the on n off switches..that way they'll be fully charged when their needed out side..plus i'll be able to use them inside when electric goes out as well..and without the worry of them running down to fast..

i got some medium latex gloves and 2 packages of 4x4 non-woven gauze sponges.200 per package.and 3 more with 10 per package.1 16.909 ounce (500ML) sodium chloride irrigation USP,and 2 more that are 8.455 ounces(250ML)..all that i got for free...

I wish I could find some good quality solar lights. Most of the ones I've tried were cheap junk and didn't last long. I feel for you hirive, one of the dogs I recently adopted from the pound chews on everything! I'm thinking a muzzle, mayby made from logging chain! Seriously, he's a great dog, but is young and needs some attention.

I wish I could find some good quality solar lights. Most of the ones I've tried were cheap junk and didn't last long. I feel for you hirive, one of the dogs I recently adopted from the pound chews on everything! I'm thinking a muzzle, mayby made from logging chain! Seriously, he's a great dog, but is young and needs some attention.

Hey Brent, One thing I noticed with the solar lights I got from Wal-Mart is that the lights themselves were okay, it was the batteries inside that were cheap. Most take a "AA" sized battery but with far less power. They tend to not last long either. I got some of the Ray-O-Vac rechargeable batteries and replaced the cheap ones inside my solar lights. They shine brighter and last a lot longer now. Just my 2 cents.

Get one like we use for our dogs (when needed). Basically really strong reinforced rubber which is basket style. They can even drink water fine through it, and after a while, won't try and pull it off anymore. We've tried a few types, but these actually work.

baskerville-ultra-dog-muzzle.jpg

I was thinking about trying some of them through Walmart for that just in case moment. I may do that this coming summer.

I particularly like the Beef Stew one. I keep a couple of those in my get home bag.
I also like getting bags of dehydrated soup for this reason.

Ours is 6 months old now. He knows what he is not suppose to be chewing on but he will do it when I am not looking. We have a kennel for him something I bought 2 months ago, and he has finally started to learn now to go in when I ask him to, before I had to carry him there. I am lucky to have the whole yard fenced in because today I came home and there was Jack sitting there staring at me at the gate. When I said he was in trouble he ran all the way back to the kennel and went back in. He had pulled the kennel door open. Smarty dog until when I told him I saw him up close and personal at the driveway gate, then he just gave me that tilted head, innocent, cute puppy look. He is smart. He can climb up the kennel. I caught him doing it last week, and he tore the tarp off the top of it. So I tied it up then I watched him climb up the chain link and chew at the ties until when it dropped back down. That is when it gets confusing because I don't know if he should be praised for doing something that good, or tell him he is in trouble.:confused:

This weeks preps:

I got me an extra 20 Plavix pills put away this month for my heart medicine. That made me happy knowing I have that put away. I also got me some extra granola put away today. Then I got busy making soap. I now have over 40 bars of soap made up.

And many of my young pullets have started laying finally. I caught one of the Delawares today in the nesting box, and I found a tiny little egg after she started in cackling. So now that she has started my other 3 should. Rose my favorite NN is busy checking things out. However she has not started laying yet but soon I hope. When she sees me go to the box, she looks to see what I am looking for, so far she can't figure out what those eggs are.:D

I also had a run in with the hawk yesterday it landed on the old washing machine on the closed in back porch, and we had a little stare down going on. Once I was over the shock I waved my arms around for close to 5 minutes before it took off. It's bold, and next time I will have the broom ready for it.:mad:

i've been thinking of getting the solar lights that have the on n off switches..that way they'll be fully charged when their needed out side..plus i'll be able to use them inside when electric goes out as well..and without the worry of them running down to fast..

i got some medium latex gloves and 2 packages of 4x4 non-woven gauze sponges.200 per package.and 3 more with 10 per package.1 16.909 ounce (500ML) sodium chloride irrigation USP,and 2 more that are 8.455 ounces(250ML)..all that i got for free...

I used them in Maine in the house at night for lights. Loved them. I now have one that sits on the table. It's nice. looks like an old coach lamp. It has the on off switch and I bought some batteries and have them in case if they are needed.

And many of my young pullets have started laying finally. I caught one of the Delawares today in the nesting box, and I found a tiny little egg after she started in cackling. So now that she has started my other 3 should

Congrats!

I'm actually giving eggs to friends these days, hehe...(and eating a lot more eggs).

I stopped giving eggs away a few years ago. Instead now I pickle eggs, and I freeze some as well. You can cover some in mineral oil and keep them in a cool place and they will last up to 3 months like that. However I use most of mine in baking therefore freezing them works for me. Pickled eggs will come in handy if they are ever needed. A lady in Maine use to make french toast with hers then freeze the french toast. I may give that a try it would be an easy breakfast for the kids. Buy up tons of bread when it's on sale and start cooking. LOL sounds like fun. (Not)

Get one like we use for our dogs (when needed). Basically really strong reinforced rubber which is basket style. They can even drink water fine through it, and after a while, won't try and pull it off anymore. We've tried a few types, but these actually work.

baskerville-ultra-dog-muzzle.jpg
I like the rubber idea as its probably more comfortable for them.

Ours is 6 months old now. He knows what he is not suppose to be chewing on but he will do it when I am not looking. We have a kennel for him something I bought 2 months ago, and he has finally started to learn now to go in when I ask him to, before I had to carry him there. I am lucky to have the whole yard fenced in because today I came home and there was Jack sitting there staring at me at the gate. When I said he was in trouble he ran all the way back to the kennel and went back in. He had pulled the kennel door open. Smarty dog until when I told him I saw him up close and personal at the driveway gate, then he just gave me that tilted head, innocent, cute puppy look. He is smart. He can climb up the kennel. I caught him doing it last week, and he tore the tarp off the top of it. So I tied it up then I watched him climb up the chain link and chew at the ties until when it dropped back down. That is when it gets confusing because I don't know if he should be praised for doing something that good, or tell him he is in trouble.:confused:

This weeks preps:

I got me an extra 20 Plavix pills put away this month for my heart medicine. That made me happy knowing I have that put away. I also got me some extra granola put away today. Then I got busy making soap. I now have over 40 bars of soap made up.

And many of my young pullets have started laying finally. I caught one of the Delawares today in the nesting box, and I found a tiny little egg after she started in cackling. So now that she has started my other 3 should. Rose my favorite NN is busy checking things out. However she has not started laying yet but soon I hope. When she sees me go to the box, she looks to see what I am looking for, so far she can't figure out what those eggs are.:D

I also had a run in with the hawk yesterday it landed on the old washing machine on the closed in back porch, and we had a little stare down going on. Once I was over the shock I waved my arms around for close to 5 minutes before it took off. It's bold, and next time I will have the broom ready for it.:mad:
Some dogs are just really good from the beginning, but most need to be trained. The collie got a mouth full of feathers yesterday, but luckily the hen escaped. He's on a leash until I can get the hen back in the coop! I need to find the old paintball guns to see if I can teach him not to chase the chickens, at least not in front of me. I'd love to hear how you make your soaps.

Some dogs are just really good from the beginning, but most need to be trained. The collie got a mouth full of feathers yesterday, but luckily the hen escaped. He's on a leash until I can get the hen back in the coop! I need to find the old paintball guns to see if I can teach him not to chase the chickens, at least not in front of me. I'd love to hear how you make your soaps.
I had to get rid of a dog last year that attacked one of my hens. It was actually my daughters fault she put food down for the chickens in front of the dog. The dog however thought it was her food and she bit half of a chickens face off. So at that point she was put down. We had a husky mix that killed my favorite hen 3 years ago, and I was not happy he got put down right after it happened. My hen died in the living room the next morning. However she did her good byes first before she died. Jack has learned that the hens and the roosters will attack him, however I have 2 hens that will squat when chased, and every time he goes after them. It is only a matter of time before he bites in on one of them. Right now he is just puppy nipping and laying on them. He gets punished but he still thinks it is fun to do if no one is looking. My old cat got it yesterday, and now he is limping around. Jack need to get over the puppy behavior. We are training him, but still he thinks things are fun that are not fun for others.

I buy the clear glycerin soap base. Then I add in goats milk that I get from a farm up the road, add in coconut milk, and in some dried coconut, and then I put in real orange oil. The clear soap base is what I use in our kids soaps, and then I add in Vanilla oil. Kids love our soaps because they get to bathe until they get to the toy inside :D

I had to get rid of a dog last year that attacked one of my hens. It was actually my daughters fault she put food down for the chickens in front of the dog. The dog however thought it was her food and she bit half of a chickens face off. So at that point she was put down. We had a husky mix that killed my favorite hen 3 years ago, and I was not happy he got put down right after it happened. My hen died in the living room the next morning. However she did her good byes first before she died. Jack has learned that the hens and the roosters will attack him, however I have 2 hens that will squat when chased, and every time he goes after them. It is only a matter of time before he bites in on one of them. Right now he is just puppy nipping and laying on them. He gets punished but he still thinks it is fun to do if no one is looking. My old cat got it yesterday, and now he is limping around. Jack need to get over the puppy behavior. We are training him, but still he thinks things are fun that are not fun for others.

I buy the clear glycerin soap base. Then I add in goats milk that I get from a farm up the road, add in coconut milk, and in some dried coconut, and then I put in real orange oil. The clear soap base is what I use in our kids soaps, and then I add in Vanilla oil. Kids love our soaps because they get to bathe until they get to the toy inside :D
The toy inside a bar of soap is brilliant! Just curious, if you put in goats milk, what keeps it from spoiling?
It's going to take a lot of work to keep the collie from wanting to eat my hens. I got some of the Hotwire fence up and energized, but plan to continue it all the way around the perimeter of the property, and around the garden and chicken coop area. It zapped the pit mix once and he's pretty suspicious of the fence now.:)

Latest posts

Back