This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one like that under my big TV. However it has glass doors so everyone sees what you have in there. I keep it for candles, in case of a power outage.
All the furniture I make doubles as storage. I always thought sofas were a waste of storage under them, but I don't do much with upholstery, aside from a chair seat or back. I like glass doors for displaying stuff.

All the furniture I make doubles as storage. I always thought sofas were a waste of storage under them, but I don't do much with upholstery, aside from a chair seat or back. I like glass doors for displaying stuff.
My mom had an electric fire place in Maine that a neighbor had made from an old upright piano. It was beautiful. You would be surprised at some of the things that can be made from old stuff that isn't any good any more.

I have gotten a Columbia Fishing/Hiking/Photography/Outdoor Vest with 16 Pockets. Some pictures are below. The best parts are: 1) It has a huge back pocket which is perfect for a water bladder. 2) The angular back pocket is perfect for fishing poles or similar items. 3) The pockets are large enough for ammo magazines, note pads, and four places to clip things to.
qOD4RYH.jpg

a9jJlGn.jpg

Nice vest. I am working on making some more afghans for the winter. Was also thinking about making some loom knit curtains to help keep the cold out. It might work My daughter loves using the loom and I have 3 big pieces done already I suppose she can do another strip and sew them together for her room.

Tomorrow I am getting stocked up on cat food, dog food and batteries. And Wednesday I will be stocking up on my e-cig juice.

yup,now I just need good wide skies...most likely army surplus,know how they work ;)

he probably had them just in case they were ever needed.i know that i would if i lived in a area where it got lots of snow each year..

oh remember the one saying..it's better to have it and not need it,instead of not having it,and needing it..

oh remember the one saying..it's better to have it and not need it,instead of not having it,and needing it..
True. and that is why I get so mad at my husband some days. He goes in the bedroom and sees things we are not using any more and he starts chucking. Then I stand there saying Why are you throwing it all out we may need it again some day. He thinks if we don't need it chuck it then when we need it go buy it again. That is a waste of time and money to me. He threw out an Ace ankle brace yesterday. I told him we may need it if one of the kids has an accident again, or even him. We have used it 9 times in the past 4 years might as well keep it. He said it was taking up space and we can buy a new one. A waste of money if you ask me. Those cost around $14 each.

once you learn to ski you never forget it,we had a pretty harsh winter when I did my service and boy did we spend countless hrs on those skies...

i been skiing only once.and yes i did my share of falling..and i been ice skating 2 or 3 times.and again,i did my share of falling..:rolleyes:..

i got a habit of saving things that aint needed..in which some of the items has come in handy..i've also thrown away things in which i regretted later.on account i ended up going and buying the needed item(s) ..and like you said hlrive,thats a waste of time and money..

i been skiing only once.and yes i did my share of falling..and i been ice skating 2 or 3 times.and again,i did my share of falling..:rolleyes:..

i got a habit of saving things that aint needed..in which some of the items has come in handy..i've also thrown away things in which i regretted later.on account i ended up going and buying the needed item(s) ..and like you said hlrive,thats a waste of time and money..
I don't like wasting either one. Today I went and did 2 small trips to 2 different stores and ended up saving over $67 by using the store cards and coupons. Tomorrow I plan on getting out of the store with spending about $40 for over $100 worth of stuff I can't wait. I don't like wasting hard earned cash and hubby will soon enough find that out.

Jontte, you had me completely baffled by that statement until I just now figured out you were talking about "skis."
little%20ROFL.gif

(not laughing at you, I'm laughing at myself for being so slow on the uptake)
I kind of thought Montana skies myself too:)

you guys rock :)
sometimes a typo or two makes it through.. ;)

Latest posts

Back