Survival Knifes

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll look into picking one up. I gave my last one to a Marine being deployed and asked him to give me a review of it, It was a becker magnum camp. http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/144
My initial report is that it was made well but the handle was a bit too big for me. My Marine is a big boy so we'll see what he says about it.
I have an old bk 10 crewman by camillus that is practically the same knife as a ka-bar and i like the knife a lot as a survival knife I just think there's not enough tip to be a good skinner.

I really need a survival knife, that is the one area i am lacking. The ka bar i was looking at are not full tang. Oh wait i mean shank. I think i want full so i can pummel. Well i just looked at your link, and looks like i know what to get. Thank you sir.

here's 2 knifes that were given me this last xmas..but gonna look for one that has a longer blade on it,when it comes to a fixed blade..the shark has a clip on other side of it for keeping it on the belt..and as yall can see.i can also keep it on a belt loop if i decide to..and it's easy to open with one hand..

DSCN0299.JPG
DSCN0298.JPG

here's 2 knifes that were given me this last xmas..but gonna look for one that has a longer blade on it,when it comes to a fixed blade..the shark has a clip on other side of it for keeping it on the belt..and as yall can see.i can also keep it on a belt loop if i decide to..and it's easy to open with one hand..

I have the second one, I think it is called a ruko skinner, well it looks the same.

on the hadle of mine it says old timer.and on the blade it says schrade usa 152and it need sharping to..
Bonus !! It must be an older knife, i am pretty sure schrade stop making in the USA awhile ago. I will look into it.

yeah im not sure either.but it does seem like they moved thier plant to some other country to me as well..but what matters,is it be usa made.. :)

yeah im not sure either.but it does seem like they moved thier plant to some other country to me as well..but what matters,is it be usa made.. :)
I am right there with you on that.
Imperial Schrade Corp. was an American knife manufacturer of hunting knives and pocketknives. Imperial Schrade was the consolidation of five forerunner companies,[1] including its namesakes, the Imperial Knife Company, founded 1916, and the Schrade Cutlery Company, founded in 1904. In 2004, the company stopped making knives and closed its factory. The name was bought by Taylor Brands and used for marketing purposes.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4069.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw='SCHRADE USA KNIVES OLD TIMER 152&_sacat=0&_
Sharpfinger

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sharpfinger is the name given to a certain style of skinning knife, modeled after the Schrade 152 OT (Sharpfinger). The "Sharpfinger" name is given to a variety of knives in this design (3.5 in (8.9 cm) upswept blade) by a number of makers.

Schrade Cutlery - Old Timer Model 1520T Sharpfinger
Contents

[hide]
[edit]​
History

The Sharpfinger was primarily produced by American companies such as Imperial Schrade and Camillus Cutlery Company, as well as by custom knifemakers. Imperial Schrade closed down U.S. operations in 2004, with Camillus following in 2007, and the rights to those brand-names were sold. The Schrade Sharpfinger is currently produced in China in both large and small sizes.
[edit]​
Description

The Schrade Sharpfinger is a fixed-blade utility knife, approximately 7.5 inches (19.1 cm) in overall length with a 3.5-inch (8.9 cm) blade and sawcut (textured) "Delrin" synthetic scales. The blade has a pronounced curve, distinctive from most other utility knives marketed in the United States, as well as being smaller than the average American utility or hunting knife.
[edit]​
Variants

on the hadle of mine it says old timer.and on the blade it says schrade usa 152and it need sharping to..
I have two of those a big one and a little one, mine are made by old timer, I think they call the little one a "sharp finger" they are both excellent knives

NICE, anything with a warning label that big must be good!

ty..i knew i had to have it when i saw it the other day..and it was either it or a tent.i picked the tent..now i have the gerber.and tomorrow i'll go out n try it out..and eventully i'll go out n buy a hatchet..saw one today.but didnt like the design or feel of it.

Latest posts

Back