Survival Knifes

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are so many out there ,so I suppose its down to personal choice Unless you know different what have you got /used in the past that you would recommend.

Hi Colt , one of the knives I found today is a folding knife with a three and a half inch blade.it is an old knife and needs re sharpening. I would like a fixed blade knife. what do you recommend.

Whatever brand it is I would recommend one with a full shank. If your gonna be depending on it you want it to last.

I'll look into picking one up. I gave my last one to a Marine being deployed and asked him to give me a review of it, It was a becker magnum camp. http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/144
My initial report is that it was made well but the handle was a bit too big for me. My Marine is a big boy so we'll see what he says about it.
I have an old bk 10 crewman by camillus that is practically the same knife as a ka-bar and i like the knife a lot as a survival knife I just think there's not enough tip to be a good skinner.

I'll look into picking one up. I gave my last one to a Marine being deployed and asked him to give me a review of it, It was a becker magnum camp. http://www.kabar.com/knives/detail/144
My initial report is that it was made well but the handle was a bit too big for me. My Marine is a big boy so we'll see what he says about it.
I have an old bk 10 crewman by camillus that is practically the same knife as a ka-bar and i like the knife a lot as a survival knife I just think there's not enough tip to be a good skinner.

Have you check out the Opinels, just a basic simple knife weighs 1.6 oz

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367846342.205103.jpg

I do like the Opinels for light use. Its a fun little carving knife and the fact that they are soooo inexpensive. There's a little flex in the blade because its so thin but, good carbon steel knife.

Latest posts

Back