Must Read Survival in The Worst of Times

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, EW, usually when your temperature is more than two degrees less than you set the heat for, it goes to the emergency heat strip, which is 10 or 20kw. That is alot of power consumption.

I try to go 1 degree at a time when trying to increase heat in the house. Saves alot of electricity.

Yeah, EW, usually when your temperature is more than two degrees less than you set the heat for, it goes to the emergency heat strip, which is 10 or 20kw. That is alot of power consumption.

I try to go 1 degree at a time when trying to increase heat in the house. Saves alot of electricity.

When the power goes off at 4:51 and I get up at 6:15, start Gen at 6:30.
I was talking about propane for both furnace and Gen Gen acted like it was running out of fuel. I had checked the day before and still have 650 gallons. Gen is 750k so more than enough for my 6 circuts.

A great question and answer…

1698667549699.png

1698667693130.png

Very interesting viewpoint as well as information regarding our military in long term grid down!

1698667937550.png

My plan was to trade food with a couple of groups I belong to, but Hollerman says a group should not leave your homestead or retreat for up to a year. See part of what he wrote below.

1698701142529.png

So now I’m having to rethink and plan how to have enough milk, butter and cheese for up to a year. Sigh. I hate buying more powdered milk. Looks like I will be canning more butter. What are you guys planning for these items? Some of you have goats and or sheep. We don’t.

My plan was to trade food with a couple of groups I belong to, but Hollerman says a group should not leave your homestead or retreat for up to a year. See part of what he wrote below.

View attachment 21638
So now I’m having to rethink and plan how to have enough milk, butter and cheese for up to a year. Sigh. I hate buying more powdered milk. Looks like I will be canning more butter. What are you guys planning for these items? Some of you have goats and or sheep. We don’t.

We have enough powdered and canned milk, powdered and canned cheese and ghee for almost 3 year's.

GP there's shelf stable milk cartons that last a year. I have some, but they take up so much space.

With WW coming it is time to consider what O’biden is going to severely limit us on being able to purchase.

First up will be gasoline. We are currently only producing 1/2 of our current needs! Thanks to the Dems. During WWII, folks got cut down to 2 gallons a week!!! Do not doubt that in our evil governments plans to COLLAPSE our economy that they won’t expect us to all stay home…yep, lock downs are surely coming. Make plans now for how much fuel you should get ASAP!

Tires were the next thing cut to the bone. Why? Because of where rubber comes from and the stoppage of the shipping routes. Do your automobiles need tires?

Other items rationed will be…

Cars
Bicycles
Shoes and Boots ( get your tennis shoes and boots now!)

Food WILL definitely be rationed!!

Beginning with Sugar and Coffee. Back in WW1 and WW2 sugar was rationed to 2 lbs a month. Gee, can you envision alcohol going sky high? Coffee was limited to 1lb every 5 weeks. Plan accordingly folks.

Then going onto Meats and Dairy products. I look for them to require Digital ID in order to obtain your rations.

Stuxnet is a computer worm developed jointly by the US and Israeli "Operation Olympic Games" between 2005 and 2010 (5 years in development) to attack Iran's nuclear power program by exploiting vulnerabilities in Windows and specific Seimens Step7 controller software. It targeted the controllers on the centrifuges and caused them to spin out of control and tear themselves apart. About 1/5 of Iran's nuclear centrifuges were destroyed.

Of course it didn't stop there and attacked computers worldwide. About 60% of affected computers were in Iran.

The term "Zero Day" refers to a "Zero Day Vulnerability" which is a newly discovered vulnerability in a computer system or software. Day 0 being the day it is discovered.

While going through our prep foods I’ve started questioning my pounds of food per person on a few items. The food calculator I’ve been utilizing has these items set as below…

ADULT PER YEAR

Sugar 40#
Powdered Fruit Drink. 6#
Brown Sugar. 3#
Powdered Milk 60#
Evaporated Milk. 12 cans

My personal opinion is that 40# sugar per person is extreme. Perhaps that is because we don’t eat a ton of sugar? The rest of the group doesn’t know how much sugar per year they consume.

Powdered fruit drink for adults. Really? Totally there with the children.

Brown Sugar can be used to make syrup. It stays good forever. I’ve bought 7# per person.

Powdered Milk is needed for children, coffee (for some folks) as well as cooking and baking, but 60# a person? Did not purchase that much…yet.

Evaporated Milk seems fine to me, but since I’m questioning the powdered milk thought I would include it too.

PLEASE give me your thoughts, ideas and what you‘ve done!

I never ever need so much sugar by year - if i'm buying 6kg by year then it's a lot. And i'm using sugar in my coffee or tea, for dessert - just like an non-diet single household.
Powdered milk, milkpowder i do have in stock, maybe 1 pound. Next farmer who sells fresh milk is 500 Meters away, next shop 1000 Meters. I don't use milk so often.
Powdered fruit drinks would be an idea if it's aviable in smaller items over here.

While going through our prep foods I’ve started questioning my pounds of food per person on a few items. The food calculator I’ve been utilizing has these items set as below…

ADULT PER YEAR

Sugar 40#
Powdered Fruit Drink. 6#
Brown Sugar. 3#
Powdered Milk 60#
Evaporated Milk. 12 cans

My personal opinion is that 40# sugar per person is extreme. Perhaps that is because we don’t eat a ton of sugar? The rest of the group doesn’t know how much sugar per year they consume.

Brown Sugar can be used to make syrup. It stays good forever. I’ve bought 7# per person.

Powdered Milk is needed for children, coffee (for some folks) as well as cooking and baking, but 60# a person? Did not purchase that much…yet.

Evaporated Milk seems fine to me, but since I’m questioning the powdered milk thought I would include it too.

PLEASE give me your thoughts, ideas and what you‘ve done!
The only thing on that list I ever use is brown sugar - for making coffee rub venison.

I have no use for nonfat powdered milk. I do have some powdered whole milk, just for SHTF, but I have to keep it in the freezer because the fat in it will go rancid. I think a milk goat might eliminate that need.

I think that's because of the idea that it gives you vitamin C if you can't get citrus, but if you are growing and eating spinach, you will get your vitamin C needed I think.

I haven't finished my coffee, so I need to think about this again when I'm less stupid!

Latest posts

Back