Must Read Survival in The Worst of Times

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently reading Survival Theory II by Jonathan Hollerman and want to relay some important topics and information to you all. As well as encourage discussion, so that we all grow in our expectations for what is to come.

1698413122281.jpeg

1698413045310.png

While he writes about numerous times government have starved millions ON PURPOSE, I believe Holodomor would be the closest operation to what our current government would use on Rural America. Feel free to correct me or give other opinions. We do need to understand WELL what we could be facing…in order to defeat it and live!

1698413803589.png

1698413826723.png

This is a book written by a then 16 year old Ukrainian teen. His real name was Simon Starow. He died in 1998. This is a true glimpse into reality that has been mostly hid and untaught in our schools and universities.

1698414258287.png

1698414514336.png

1698414557649.png

The “Thousanders” I assume were the 25,000 man army of sorts that were gathered and sent out to TAKE everything from the Farmers and all rural folks.

Attachments

• 1698414188374.png
    1698414188374.png
    579.1 KB · Views: 0
This guys instructions is to be located at least 10 miles out of small towns.

Not be on a main road

Not to be able to see your house from the road

Be 2 or more turns off of a main road

We are not quite that far out from a tiny town. Are off a county road that goes to the next small town (less than 700). But we have 3 additional turns before you get to our dead end road. To get to that dead end road you must cross a small bridge. The steepness of the ravine would keep any vehicle out and make everyone across the road our targets.

The guys have discussed this and have plans to block the road and even blow it up if things really go down hill. Of course invaders could walk some distance to our place.

Both BOL1 and BOL2 are on dirt roads going through the woods which are off of field roads. The field roads are miles down minor county roads from state highways. The nearest US highway or town is on the other side of a river. Neither county has an Interstate highway anywhere in it. The population of the county seat in both counties is less than 2,000.

Similar to GP but only 1 turn, 2 if you count freeway.
5 Miles of rugged terrain for off road persons
3 miles of narrow road with a cattle guard in the road at my property line
Back ways out on a maze of fire roads which I now have key to the gates. Might have drive 20 miles to do 8 as the crow flies to the next main road

I have long been astonished at how few people know these things. When I moved out here, all of my friends said, you live so far out, and wouldn't come to see me. I got tired of always having to drive to see them. Over the years we have stopped talking as a result. I bet they wished they had listened now. When SHTF, if they do manage to make it all the way out here, they will not be greeted as friends.

Firm believer in the Ant and the Grasshopper.

Sounds like a good read. Anyone else interested, there are a couple options to buy.

https://thesurvivalsummit.com/product/survival-theory-a-preparedness-guide/

Survival Theory: A Preparedness Guide

In the realm of preparedness literature, few names ring out as loudly as Jonathan Hollerman. In “Survival Theory: A Preparedness Guide,” Hollerman pushes past the idealistic and often underestimated notions of survival to confront the gritty reality of catastrophic societal collapse.

Summary:

The crux of Hollerman’s argument rests on the fragility of America’s electric grid. He paints a vivid and alarming picture of a nation thrust into darkness, not by acts of nature, but by human-made catastrophes. Drawing from his in-depth research, Hollerman underscores the horrifying aftermath – not just the loss of electricity, but the ensuing societal chaos characterized by widespread starvation, desperation, rioting, and looting.

While many in the preparedness community focus on stockpiling resources, Hollerman shifts the focus to the human element, emphasizing the unpredictability and potential danger posed by millions of desperate individuals. His thesis is clear: no amount of supplies can shield you from the sheer magnitude of mass human desperation.

Yet, all is not grim in Hollerman’s narrative. The guide serves as a beacon, offering tangible, actionable steps for readers to prepare and protect themselves and their families. From the basics of Bug Out Bags to the intricacies of long-term food storage and livestock management, Hollerman delves deep, providing insights and recommendations drawn from real-life experiences and expertise.

About the Book:

What sets “Survival Theory” apart from other guides is its holistic approach. While it delves deeply into tactical gear, SHTF weapons, and other survival tools, it also addresses the psychological and strategic aspects of preparation. Recognizing that not everyone has the means to set up a fortified survival retreat, Hollerman offers alternatives, helping readers identify safe locations and strategies for escape during periods of chaos.

His expertise shines through every page, making this not just a guide but a masterclass in survival preparedness.

Conclusion:

“Survival Theory: A Preparedness Guide” is more than just a manual; it’s a clarion call to action. Hollerman’s incisive insights and practical recommendations make it an invaluable resource for both novice preppers and seasoned survivalists. Whether you’re looking to fortify your existing preparedness plan or are just waking up to the potential threats our society faces, this guide serves as a comprehensive roadmap to safety and survival in uncertain times.

or the audio
https://www.audible.com/pd/Survival-Theory-Audiobook/B01H5K67VI

I have long been astonished at how few people know these things. When I moved out here, all of my friends said, you live so far out, and wouldn't come to see me. I got tired of always having to drive to see them. Over the years we have stopped talking as a result. I bet they wished they had listened now. When SHTF, if they do manage to make it all the way out here, they will not be greeted as friends.

I have had quite a few say that they know where to go if the need food etc. I come out and say nope. I tell them they are just as capable as I.

Those type of folks won’t make it out of the cities. Hollerman explains why in detail. It is their inability to get by their normalcy bias. They won’t know they are in real trouble until it is far too late. You don’t want those type anyway.

Last edited:
I have had quite a few say that they know where to go if the need food etc. I come out and say nope. I tell them they are just as capable as I.

Be ready to back those words…and most importantly, your children’s lives with a gun! Get mentally capable now, while you can, to save your own from starvation because of intruders. I’ve never taken a life, do not want to…but will absolutely defend my own!

If any of my fellow female Preppers doubt they can or will have to help defend their families with a weapon…you MUST read this book and/or Execution by Famine!!! It is not easy to get through. I shed tears. Thought OMG, how is this possible for humans to do. When finished reading? Let’s just say, I will do whatever is necessary to keep my loved ones from slowly starving to death!!!

Be ready to back those words…and most importantly, your children’s lives with a gun! Get mentally capable now, while you can, to save your own from starvation because of intruders. I’ve never taken a life, do not want to…but will absolutely defend my own!

The most difficult things I will have to do is defend my property from the unwanted starving freeloaders. Especially those I personally know.

I have had quite a few say that they know where to go if the need food etc.

That angers me on several levels. To me, it sounds like a they intend to come and take YOUR preps, because you are friends and all. . . even though you have warned them to prep on their own for years. If they had more money than you, how would they feel if you said to them "if we do go into a recession, I know where to come get some money". I bet they would stop talking to you soon after.

I mentioned on here before how my neighbor has alot of goats, chickens, and turkeys. He grows way more food in his gardens than he and his wife could ever eat. He has a group thread on some app he invited me to be on (and I asked him to remove me after a short time). In the thread, he constantly told about 30 people how they were always welcome to come and get food from him when things get bad.

A few weeks ago I was texting with him and mentioned how some of our neighbors have huge families that will SURELY be coming out here where it is safe, and how those people packed like sardines in those homes will be eyeballing my large home for just me and my wife. IT would only be a matter of time before some of them get the big idea to take us out and move in. It got his wheels turning, and I went on to mention how all of those people have boyfriends/girlfriends, their mother/fathers, siblngs, who also have spouses, bf,gf, etc. They will ALL want to bring their friends and loved ones to "the safe place". Locusts I said. I think he finally got it.

The most difficult things I will have to do is defend my property from the unwanted starving freeloaders. Especially those I personally know.

You are way ahead of so many. They do not believe what they haven’t experienced. When confronted with the decision to protect their own, or feel sorry for others, they will delay and fail their loved ones. All will end up dying because they were mentally unprepared!

No power this morning and a found another glitch.
Got the Gen out and plugged into the propane line.
Got things up and running, moved the coffee pot to a working plug and the Gen quits. Try to restart and finally threw some gasoline in and started.
Then it dawned on me-Pressure on propane isn’t high enough to run Gen and the furnace at the same time Furnace was playing a 5 degree catchup and was running longer than normal. I was just surprised that the first on one the line was the one that quit.
Going to have to play with the regulator to find a sweet spot or where to turn it to in a serious situation.

Meant to put this in chat. But these training exercises such as no power tie into this topic too. When Gen ran out of Gasoline, I connected it to a BBQ tank just to rule out a Gen problem.

Latest posts

Back