Must Read Survival in The Worst of Times

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m reading a book about survival. It’s fiction, but it really hit me how most of my generation failed our children. The reason I say that is my parents and grandparents worked hard on educating us on real life needed skills. I pushed all that aside and focused on being a good citizen and going to college. I failed in many ways to pass so many things along to my own children. My knowledge and skills had diminished.with the passing of time. The only good thing is that I began relearning skills and adding to them about 10 years ago. My children, THANK GOD, took it upon themselves when they were younger to learn needed skills. And they are working hard now to gain new skills.

Who else feels this way?

Not here Georgia, I was already teaching my two how to read the stars and find the Big Dipper, Cassiopia, the North Star and The Southern Cross. They always got to make the fire when we went camping, went fishing, tied knots, got to sew, cook, bake and shoot in archery, crossbows and pellet guns. Each of them has a small BOB and enough food and flashlights, candles and such for the "normal" emergencies in life like blackouts and storms. My granddaughter also spent weekends with me at my survival camp when I was training for money and learned lots. She could make a fire with a magnesium bar when she was 10 and made the older boys look bad when they could not get it right and she did it right away....

At BOL1, we have a cypress with a hollow large enough to set up a cot in and spend the night. The opening is not yet large enough to get inside though. Even in the most brutally hot weather there is a cool draft of air blowing out of the opening. I have sat a little ways away from that tree with a 22 and hunted all morning for squirrels going in and out of the holes up high in the trunk. For the squirrels it is like a skyscraper condo building, LOL

Not here Georgia, I was already teaching my two how to read the stars and find the Big Dipper, Cassiopia, the North Star and The Southern Cross. They always got to make the fire when we went camping, went fishing, tied knots, got to sew, cook, bake and shoot in archery, crossbows and pellet guns. Each of them has a small BOB and enough food and flashlights, candles and such for the "normal" emergencies in life like blackouts and storms. My granddaughter also spent weekends with me at my survival camp when I was training for money and learned lots. She could make a fire with a magnesium bar when she was 10 and made the older boys look bad when they could not get it right and she did it right away....
My Granddaughter also got into camping and watching me practice making fire and things. She is 25 now, has a BOB, get home bag, still loves primitive camping, grows herbs and a garden, got a good little homesteading thing going. We joke with the rest of the family that when tshtf, the 2 of us are splitting without them because they don't care enough to be prepared!

Latest posts

Back