Government Shut Down

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was 'their money', yet we had it for decades? And no reason we couldn't continue to hold it for decades more. Giving it to Iran at that time, Obama might as well have just shipped missiles to Palestine so they can launch them at Israel. There was nothing wise about what Obama did...

I am a simple eater / cook. When my first wife and I divorced. I started to set up a kitchen (she took all the pots, pans, silverware and and anything needed in a kitchen). So I started making a list of all the things needed and after doing the math, I determined it was much cheaper to just buy canned (chili, soup, stew, etc.) items, frozen items (pizza, Lasagna, etc.) verses getting all the million spices, and basics (flour, butter, etc.). I did get ketchup, mustard, relish for the Polish dogs. Very small selection of pots and pans and silverware setting for 4. Done deal. Hello Microwave.

It was 'their money', yet we had it for decades? And no reason we couldn't continue to hold it for decades more. Giving it to Iran at that time, Obama might as well have just shipped missiles to Palestine so they can launch them at Israel. There was nothing wise about what Obama did...
First off, when did the US get the right to steal from other countries? And ask the families of the hostages if using it as a negotiation was worth while.

I haven't seen any difference in my life because of the shutdown. Just lay these people off so they can go get another job. The savings could go towards the wall and any shortfall could come out of the Pentagon budget.
Years ago whenever I'd get laid off nobody ever shed a tear over me and my family. Whole towns would be devastated whenever a lumber mill or mine was shutdown and still nobody cared. We were told "that's life, the jobs aren't coming back so just move on".

All the money paid to Iran was their money to begin with.

Not everyone is gullible enough to buy that horseshit. If you dig into the veracity of this press-scripted narrative, it simply doesn't pan out. (especially when the CONDITION of it would be the release of hostages).

Nor would the 8 billion in CASH, in non US bills be part of even this BS reasoning.

(and thanks for the correction on Billions, TF.)

Of course, we're also forgetting about the TRILLIONS the Pentagon "lost" right before 9/11 too, but eh....we're going to bicker about $5 Billion for a frickin' wall that even the Dems supported prior to Trump.

I have a close friend that works at TSA and they have told me that many of the people that worked there are either finding new jobs or just not showing up to work. I know it may seem kinda stupid when your not affected but many of those TSA agents live pay check to pay check, its not a super high paying job. I personally am on the side of disliking TSA and thinking the security in airports are WAAYY overboard, however as more agents leave or just dont show up its definitely an increased security risk for travelers.

I haven't seen any difference in my life because of the shutdown. Just lay these people off so they can go get another job. The savings could go towards the wall and any shortfall could come out of the Pentagon budget.
Years ago whenever I'd get laid off nobody ever shed a tear over me and my family. Whole towns would be devastated whenever a lumber mill or mine was shutdown and still nobody cared. We were told "that's life, the jobs aren't coming back so just move on".
The coal mines laid men off all the time especially if you were at the bottom of the totem pole. Meaning the young guys with children, the old timers kept their jobs longer. Anyway, everyone should prepare for a job loss for whatever reason. Federal workers have had it pretty good for awhile. No one ever said it was unfair when we got laid off, lost our insurance and had a baby with no money. Had to pay off the kid a few dollars at a time. Did I go get welfare, heck no! But people are being taught to not be responsible and to look for others to take care of them. Just look at the news, a person murdered someone , well it wasn't his fault, it was because he was bullied or mistreated or was poor or whatever. This is attitude is one of the things ruining America. It is the lack of accountability and personal freedom and independence.

SHTF Prepper (SP),
I can respect the position of TSA workers. Not great jobs. Missing one paychecks sucks, ok. A second paycheck? Nope, time to go find other work.

I couldn't care less if they shut down every airport. Trump has a "open the gov't" ticket available for a mere $5.7billion. Nancy & Chuck just need to cash that check.

There is military training that tells you to allow your enemy an 'escape'. You don't have to kill every last guy. Give their leader something he can crow about & call his version of 'victory'. It saves face, it allows a path to peace & an end to war. Now there are times you want to 100% destroy the enemy, this isn't one of those situations.

Trump has given CnN (chuck & Nancy) a few exit strategies. Toss some carrots for DACA & other illegals, that lets CnN save face & sign off on $5.7B for the wall without alienating their base. They just weren't bright enough to take it.

I think Trump's announcement yesterday was brilliant.

First, he showed his compassion for Americans. He knows 800k people need their paycheck. These 3 weeks gives them the past 2 paychecks and their next one. You can't deny that democrats did nothing to bend their position to help Americans, they come across as cold and heartless. And you know this point is going to be front-and-center later.

Next, Trump gave Nancy exactly what she demanded: "open the gov't and we can then negotiate". Ok girl, Trump did his part. Now let's see how Nancy negotiates! Nancy will not budge for 3 weeks, she wants $0 for the wall. In 3 weeks Trump will hold true to his word and declare an emergency. I hope he then shuts down the gov't demanding lots of other things since they didn't do the wall.

AND, this next thing is going to be big. March 1 is the end of the bottomless national debt limit. That is 2 weeks after the 3 week window closes. You know the Treasury will maximize debt up to that point, but it will be far more reaching than this baby shutdown we just had.

BTW, this news masked the arrest of Roger Stone. A 66 year old man with no violence in his past, hardly a speeding ticket. And with a deaf wife in the house. About 30 agents show up at his house at 6am in full swat gear & military rifles? You think they were out to intimidate? Just for comparison, look up how Harvey Weinstein was 'arrested', didn't he walk into the police station with his lawyer after being informed politely when & how to surrender? And look at how the judge responded, Roger had to sign a document for a $250k bond (no cash, only a signature) and he was released.

Quite a few things going on...

I watch this and see the mistakes the Democrats are making,they believe they are winning the war against Trump,they are only digging a deeper hole,,,,,,in the end Trump will have his wall and more importantly a SECOND TERM IN OFFICE ........

With some luck maybe the Democrats will go the way of the DODO BIRD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back