With shock I did the math for sustainable survival

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nam-hunt

Reaction score
So, for weeks I did a study and math on what is needed to be 99% prepped for most scenarios in a sustainable way.

My shocking take this far.

1. You can/should not be in a 1st world country. (In the land of the blind the guy with one eye is king) or (When the monster atom bombs fall, it will pass over most smaller 3rd world countries)
2. You must be in a low density populated country and area.
3. You must be min 10 people grouped together from mixed ages and skill groups. Handy men and farmers are very welcome for sure.
4. Harsh environments are better and the team must know how to survive in it.
5. a minimum budget of $550 000 for the first person, add $100 000 for the second (like the wife), and $50 000 after that per dependent(child).

With point 5 being the hardest number of numbers.

Keep holding the fort....and prep.

only one problem - everything in your analysis is about a nuke war - go live in a 3rd World shithole and die - they aren't surviving today without aid & relief and the economy from the 1st World countries ...

the US is getting buried under the 3rd World trash heading here because they won't work in their country to better it - you actually think you'd survive against some barbaric local hoard that would continue their dependence on welfare ...

and why you'd think 3rd World countries wouldn't be involved in a nuke war scenario is mystery - most likely not a primary target but any post initial strike involvement would make them a tertiary target - a working airport or seaport and you could get a tactical missile hit ....

only one problem - everything in your analysis is about a nuke war - go live in a 3rd World shithole and die - they aren't surviving today without aid & relief and the economy from the 1st World countries ...

the US is getting buried under the 3rd World trash heading here because they won't work in their country to better it - you actually think you'd survive against some barbaric local hoard that would continue their dependence on welfare ...

and why you'd think 3rd World countries wouldn't be involved in a nuke war scenario is mystery - most likely not a primary target but any post initial strike involvement would make them a tertiary target - a working airport or seaport and you could get a tactical missile hit ....

e.g. Botswana and Namibia is regarded as 3rd World.... have you been there?

"a shithole" take one

"a shithole" take two

"a shithole take" three

I've been to a lot of what most Americans would call "3rd world" countries. Many of them I loved being there and found most people to be honest and hard working.
A lot of these countries are still recovering from 70 years of communist rule and are still learning to be free. They will never go back and can't understand why we are going down the path of the old Soviet Union.

So, for weeks I did a study and math on what is needed to be 99% prepped for most scenarios in a sustainable way.

1. You can/should not be in a 1st world country.
3. You must be min 10 people grouped together from mixed ages and skill groups. Handy men and farmers are very welcome for sure.
5. a minimum budget of $550 000 for the first person, add $100 000 for the second (like the wife), and $50 000 after that per dependent(child).

I think you better take some more "Math" classes nam, Aside from point 2, that list is completely out of the ballpark.
Harsh environments better? Like places with lousy soil and limited water, I don't think so.
Minimum of ten people? One is more than enough if you live in the right location.
The budget has no qualifiers so we can dismiss that, although I agree, having lots of money now is a good thing :)

Basically what you are advocating is the "Firebase Gloria" setup where a dozen or more people go out in the boonies and get ready for the zombie hoards. This is pure Hollywood, pure military mindset thinking. Any study of history will show that these Encampments ultimately get targeted and destroyed. Their main drawback is their isolation from other people and sustainable supplies.

I believe you should be surrounded by at least 1000 people, in a small regional town. You can live in the town or just outside on acreage but you have the protection of a large group of like minded people with common interests.

It was and is already being done "mate".

No.1 Bushmen have been surviving in Namibia and Botswana of 100's/1000's of years.

No.2. Many areas is semi desert on top with little rain but has big underground water. Boreholes supply 10 Cubic to 80 cubic meter per hour on many farms already for 70 years.

No.3 Tons of planes game roam there for ages....and the meat is excellent...unless you are vegan of course.

No.4 Colonial farmers have been farming in the area for ages already so the how to is known.

No.5 Solar power is every efficient there and winters are not to harsh with no snow. 100% Farmers use wind and solar to pump water and also to power homes...

No.6 The math works in such that at around $600k you can get off to the races with 2000 HA land, 510 sheep, 2 pick-ups/utes, and a 15 Kw of additional solar power if and when needed. This should return a min of (500 slaughter lambs) worth $55k of production. Where the cost of living is way more affordable. ( the milk cows is not forgotten either) $=US$

No.7 Most of the european descended farmers are very helpful with a great community atmosphere. Neighbors help one another....and new neighbors are always welcome...as long as you leave your leave your wallaby arrogance at home. They are also mostly high in Christian values. These farmers are also legendary when it comes to shooting a bolt action rifle.... culling game up to 250 yards with head shots with their trusty 243/6mm calibers..

No.8 I dont say 1000 people should not or cant pull together.... but its advisable to start with around 10. Even 1 is possible but that means more time and money is needed. The very type of thing that not to many people can afford.

One thing is for sure however, you like to shoot of the hip, and have never visited Namibia or Botswana.
As a type of prepper I also dont waste my time on anything Hollywood, GOD forbid, but seeing you are an expert on Hollywood I will leave you at it.

If you want to make this a "pissing" contest about my math abilities I am a good sport and up for it.... so lets go go go!

What is your prepped resources to date, mate?

And the BIG one, can you make "biltong"?

Yours prepping.

I think you better take some more "Math" classes nam, Aside from point 2, that list is completely out of the ballpark.
Harsh environments better? Like places with lousy soil and limited water, I don't think so.
Minimum of ten people? One is more than enough if you live in the right location.
The budget has no qualifiers so we can dismiss that, although I agree, having lots of money now is a good thing :)

Basically what you are advocating is the "Firebase Gloria" setup where a dozen or more people go out in the boonies and get ready for the zombie hoards. This is pure Hollywood, pure military mindset thinking. Any study of history will show that these Encampments ultimately get targeted and destroyed. Their main drawback is their isolation from other people and sustainable supplies.

I believe you should be surrounded by at least 1000 people, in a small regional town. You can live in the town or just outside on acreage but you have the protection of a large group of like minded people with common interests.

Last edited:

I agreed with all you said until you got to the part about being surrounded by 1000 people, the trouble with that is they are the ones that will probably rob you not the zombie hordes.

1. You can/should not be in a 1st world country. (In the land of the blind the guy with one eye is king) or (When the monster atom bombs fall, it will pass over most smaller 3rd world countries)

With point 5 being the hardest number of numbers.

Keep holding the fort....and prep.
we cannot prepare for any event, we as ordinary people cant prevent some event from happening (only the minor personal ones), we can only prepare for what comes AFTER the event.
then comes the decision as to how we are going to survive the aftermath, do we go big and have a large group to support or do we keep it down to single figures?(10 or less).
then are we going to have a large farm and try to grow as much as possible or are we going to try to live in a simple, basic way( my preferred method).
do we live a static life style and stay put or do we go hunter/gatherer and move from place to place season to season?
the choices are endless and differ from person to person and location to location.
it can also be expensive to prepare, personally I think a lot of BS is talked about having great lists of equipment and gear, if I stocked everything that have been listed on preppers forums over the years I would need a large warehouse to store it all (probably several!!)and that just isnt practical or affordable, but each to their own, prepping is after all a personal thing and what suits one person wont suit another.

Last edited:
I agreed with all you said until you got to the part about being surrounded by 1000 people, the trouble with that is they are the ones that will probably rob you not the zombie hordes.

Some might if they knew what I had and got desperate enough. We're talking about country people, who know everything about their neighbors movements. It's a complicated dynamic but you get a hint from the current violent crime and break in stats, out here it's Zero, in the city it's well up there and growing decade by decade.

Unless you live on an island Paul you have neighbors too remember. They are just not watching each other like we are, here we have what you would call accountability.

Latest posts

Back