winter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't feel too bad Brent. We've already done one fire this year and outside temps was only 53. I'm sure we will be doing more this week when it is down to 50. It has been beautiful weather for working outside though with the cooler temps and lower humidity levels.

One good thing with it cooling down is I have been waiting to not need the AC for a couple days. I bought a new unit a few months ago as my unit is working fine but is about 12 yrs old now. I’m upgrading both for dependability and efficiency. I need to take out the old unit, tear down the wood platform it is on and form and pour a slab for the new unit, then make a roof to protect it all from the weather again. The units are designed to be in the weather but I’ve learned they hold up better when protected some, espechially the duct work. Anyways, as soon as I finish one project I like to jump right into another.... maybe one day I will learn to relax!

Even though we've had some beautiful warm temps in the 50's and low 40's at night I still light a fire in the evening. The wood stove is the only heat in the cabin. We're installing a propane furnace and central air in the new house, along with a wood stove. That way if I don't feel like getting out of bed to add another log I can just use my cell phone to set the thermostat.

I matched 2 numbers . I think its worth $6 .

Can you imagine, it'd be like near a billion dollars after taxes, fees, etc.

Just unreal. I think I'd definitely have a prepper home/island of my own, as a BOL....away from any nuke targets, high above sea level, self-sustainable, etc.

And a damn nice boat to get to and from it. :D

Can you imagine, it'd be like near a billion dollars after taxes, fees, etc.

Just unreal. I think I'd definitely have a prepper home/island of my own, as a BOL....away from any nuke targets, high above sea level, self-sustainable, etc.

And a damn nice boat to get to and from it. :D

You would be like a Bond villain. Get a white fluffy cat and killer dobermans

It's been a little smokey here from all the loggers burning their slash piles. Typical Fall activity. We had a little light rain last night that might help clear the air and settle the dust. I'd like to see a few more clear days so we can get the roof on the house before winter.

MINUS 4C(about 20F I think)here this morning, fog and frost, saw a valley with a huge fog bank along the entire length, quite a sight.
I cover the cars when its this cold but if they get iced over I don't bother scraping it off I use a de-icer spray, I don't buy them singly any more, I buy a pack of 12 on Ebay and get them delivered to the door.

Latest posts

Back