winter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An equipment shed would be great but when you only make 23K a year to live on. Tarps it is!
This is just a thought. Check to see if you can get old garage doors from your local garage door company. They take these doors to the salvage yard to sell but may sell them to you instead. Explain that you are wanting to use them to make a pole barn. We have made 3 barns and 1 pole barn using these. Our next one will be an equipment pole barn to house the excavator, skis steer and 2 tractors. We get them for $8 for a 12 ft panel. The biggest expense would be the wood for framing. We have even used rollup doors for the siding but I am not sure how much hunny paid for it. Good thing is that some of these panels are wind rated, some are not. Just depends.

An equipment shed would be great but when you only make 23K a year to live on. Tarps it is!
Do you live in an area where you can go out in the woods and cut poles for the main structure? Over the years I've built quite a few barns and outbuildings using poles and logs. About the only expense I had was in nails and roofing.

It was only 46 this morning. Its nice but I don't expect this Indian summer to last much longer. It's possible that we'll get some snow by the end of next week. We're still very short on rain fall this year. Since May we've only had 3/4" of rain. Our pond has dropped by over 8 feet. Historically this pond has never gone dry before but if we don't get some moisture soon this year could be a first.

It was only 46 this morning. Its nice but I don't expect this Indian summer to last much longer. It's possible that we'll get some snow by the end of next week. We're still very short on rain fall this year. Since May we've only had 3/4" of rain. Our pond has dropped by over 8 feet. Historically this pond has never gone dry before but if we don't get some moisture soon this year could be a first.

Thats near what our weather is down South . Tonight just above freezing so Iv been bringing in and covering up plants We want to save from the frost .

The cold was a major factor in my moving to Arizona. I lOVE the heat. 100F plus is outstanding.
I’m not crazy about either extreme, too hot or cold. If I won this big lottery I would buy homes around the globe and live in spring the rest of my life! Stay 6 or 8 weeks and when it starts warming up, time to move again. :cool:

Latest posts

Back