Whats for dinner 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cooked the rump roast for 6 hours in the slow cooker. it was so tough you could barely get the thermometer in. I then put it into the pressure cooker and it got tender. I made a rue and if you smothered it, it was really good. Without the rue, a person would have choked on the dry meat. Tender, but dry.

I cooked the rump roast for 6 hours in the slow cooker. it was so tough you could barely get the thermometer in. I then put it into the pressure cooker and it got tender. I made a rue and if you smothered it, it was really good. Without the rue, a person would have choked on the dry meat. Tender, but dry.
You gotta have a fat source to keep it moist and flavorful. Whether natural cap or half of it. Or throw butter in in cooking
Stuff I reheated last night, well juiced with fat, probably too much, but it was fork tender.
Really a balance needed to get it perfect. I don’t always get that balance, but sometimes i really do. Perfection is everyone’s goal.
There is an art to cooking a perfect piece of beef. Maybe thats why they want to take beef away from us.
I halve experienced some very high end resturants. have been able to duplicate Many. 95% of restaurants dont meet the grade

You gotta have a fat source to keep it moist and flavorful. Whether natural cap or half of it. Or throw butter in in cooking
Stuff I reheated last night, well juiced with fat, probably too much, but it was fork tender.
Really a balance needed to get it perfect. I don’t always get that balance, but sometimes i really do. Perfection is everyone’s goal.
There is an art to cooking a perfect piece of beef. Maybe thats why they want to take beef away from us.
I halve experienced some very high end resturants. have been able to duplicate Many. 95% of restaurants dont meet the grade
I didn't add fat, just tomato juice, onion and garlic

I didn't add fat, just tomato juice, onion and garlic
Some trim all the fat off a rump roast which makes it like a round eye. Butcher taught me 40 years ago how to look for right type of fat.
Natural fat is good, feed lot added, Not so much.
If you go back to my post 279, the restaurant did render the natural fat low and slow. (actually, the fat was delicious, whatever they added wasn’t) like you cooked your rump roast. You got to have some good fat on the meat

There wasn't ant fat to trim. This was from a cow that a friend had processed
That’s why it was tough. Very lean meat you have to cook differently.
I know, was given a lot of Holstein meat from downed cows i helped butcher. Milk cows ain’t beef cows

This is not relevant for tonight's dinner (which was left with much to be desired)...but wanted to share I went to Missouri, Thursday through Sunday... had dinner in Warsaw, Missouri Friday night....little bar n grill called Lakeside bar n grill...red neck heaven! Had some of the absolute best food I've had in long while...I had brisket sandwich, baked beans n pasta as side...son had ribs and same sides, mother had butterflyed, breaded shrimp...Every single thing we all had was super delicious! We played redneck bingo as a plus! They were playing David Allen Coe ("You don't have to call me darlin") when we walked in, lol..😁...All food I had in Missouri (Ozarks) was all fantastic, I had to put the word out here!

I made a spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, red onion, roasted pecans, sliced kalmata olives, sun dried tomatoes with herbs, blue cheese crumbles, mixed with Zea's hot pepper jelly dressing. Added grilled chicken tenders and cracked black pepper, Celtic sea salt.
This is so good!

Latest posts

Back