very mild winter.and fleas..

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well please post a link and 'splain what the stuff is.

http://www.pestproducts.com/borate.htm#Boric

There is more than one form of borate. Some of the stuff on the link points to Bora-Care, which is a natural termite killer. We used that on the garage - mixed with HOT water (so it would stay in the solution) and sprayed 6 feet up from the bottom of the wall. Some of the links on that page point to borate used for inside your home, some outside. Kills lotsa stuff.

But not people...

I've known about using boric acid in the kitchen for cockroaches and ants for decades. For roaches, my old standby is "Harris Famous Roach Tablets" which are 40% boric acid.
79de4aed-cf26-457a-8c37-292c9e36d182_400.jpg

Borate has been used on food for a 100 years and was used as a food preserver during WWII though I think most western countries don't use it any longer as an protection sceme or preserver, borate turns into boric acid when ingested (in very small quantities) and still used in some countries as medicinal purposes (digestive) though I really wouldn't use it as a food preserver or medicinal use but as an pesticide and weed killer it's perhaps one of the safest products to use though not recommended for nice green lawns given too much would have the same reaction as putting baking soda on the lawns, too much would drain the life out of the grass for the whole season.

I quit using the on skin type flea and tick meds because they don't work here. The vet said that they had become immune the the meds and I was wasting my $. So I'm using natural crappie like oil of camphor, peppermint oil, etc. I also use lots of baby powder to smother them. There is a spray olive oil that is in the ethnic hair section at dollar general stores. It smothers them and eases the itchy skin. It does get on fabrics though.

Latest posts

Back