very mild winter.and fleas..

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
this last winter we had,was very mild this time.even for us here,it was very mild..and because of that.the fleas are extremely bad this year.they're even getting onto me..so i've started spraying the yard with triazicide insecticide.and yes.i gotta get more of it.i even had to get some foggers,and fumigate the house,when i went camping..anyone else having flea issue's?

this last winter we had,was very mild this time.even for us here,it was very mild..and because of that.the fleas are extremely bad this year.they're even getting onto me..so i've started spraying the yard with triazicide insecticide.and yes.i gotta get more of it.i even had to get some foggers,and fumigate the house,when i went camping..anyone else having flea issue's?
I pulled a tick off my neck this morning. I'm about to go on amazon and order some advantage for all the dogs in just a minute here. I've tried everything else, and know this stuff works at least. As far as the yard, we'll, I'm on 2.5 acres and most of it is planted with edibles so I don't like putting out poisons. I agree we will all see a bad season in the south. I think mosquitoes spread more diseases than fleas and ticks, but don't particularly like any of them.

I pulled a tick off my neck this morning. I'm about to go on amazon and order some advantage for all the dogs in just a minute here. I've tried everything else, and know this stuff works at least. As far as the yard, we'll, I'm on 2.5 acres and most of it is planted with edibles so I don't like putting out poisons. I agree we will all see a bad season in the south. I think mosquitoes spread more diseases than fleas and ticks, but don't particularly like any of them.

frontline spray online 250 mil bottle under $40 delivered to your door

I started dosing my Cat this week too. I use Advocate as it controls most common internal parasites as well. It's convenient and a heck of a lot easier then trying to wrangle 8kg of pizzed off Cat into submission to take a pill.

Last edited:
i dont remember what their called.but i get the cube shaped pill for fleas,from the vet.in which they seem to work..and both dogs seem to like them..

revolution ,,,,,,it is a bit pricey but look at what it can do

Revolution is a systemically acting, broad-spectrum parasiticide that has a well defined safety profile combined with excellent efficacy to help protect your dog against a wide variety of parasites. Revolution enters the bloodstream through the skin. Concentrations of Revolution in the blood and tissues prevent heartworm disease and prevent and treat roundworm and hookworm infections. Revolution selectively redistributes from the blood to the skin and other tissues, where it provides protection against fleas, flea eggs, and ear mites and American dog tick infestations in dogs

Well, I traumatized both of the outside dogs by bringing them in and bathing them down with flea shampoo this morning. I don't really think the flea shampoo does squat, but they were pretty grungy anyways. The bad thing about the drops applied to their back is if you bathe them some of it comes off. (It says you can bathe them after a few days, but its a lie!) So I got them ready for when amazon delivers the stuff. Neither one completely trusts me just yet!

well I had a beagle get out today,if he would come home on his own this would not be a problem,,,,but,,,Billy will stay out for weeks if I don't catch up to him pronto ..well there are lots of rabbits around so it's just a matter of time until he gives away his location,I run him down catch him,,,,, covered in ticks,,,,,, I strip on the porch and hit the shower there is no telling how many went down the drain

if I could do away with one bug never to be seen again,,,,,it would be the dad gum TICK

Fleas and ticks are bad here also.

Here is N.E. Ohio and our winter was quite mild.
Good for wild game survival rates I suppose but way to easy on bugs.

The worse winter I can recall was in about 1968/69.
We got smacked with a snowstorm that dropped 2 feet of fresh snow in under 20 hours.
That might not seem too awful to those used to a lot of snow but Ohio isn't.
The equipment and man power available just isn't up to dealing with that much snow that quickly.
In my area of Ohio we called out the National Guard using military trucks and a
couple a.c.p.'s to make emergency runs like taking sick/injured to the E.R.
and getting essential people to work.
Doctors and nurses were a priority as were police and fire.

Fleas and ticks are bad here also.

Here is N.E. Ohio and our winter was quite mild.
Good for wild game survival rates I suppose but way to easy on bugs.

The worse winter I can recall was in about 1968/69.
We got smacked with a snowstorm that dropped 2 feet of fresh snow in under 20 hours.
That might not seem too awful to those used to a lot of snow but Ohio isn't.
The equipment and man power available just isn't up to dealing with that much snow that quickly.
In my area of Ohio we called out the National Guard using military trucks and a
couple a.c.p.'s to make emergency runs like taking sick/injured to the E.R.
and getting essential people to work.
Doctors and nurses were a priority as were police and fire.
We have an emergency here when 4" of snow falls!

We have an emergency here when 4" of snow falls!

Your comment kind of reminded me of this cartoon :)

01-30_Ax_EditToon_Survivalists.jpg

I've been buying borate - the uncut version :)

We even used it when we built the garage instead of regular termite spray.

Works like a charm!
I sprinkled it in the wall space before putting up Sheetrock in my last house in Fla. It's kind of gruesome when you read how it works, not that I have a lot of sympathy for bugs taking up residence in my house.....

Latest posts

Back