Uber teams up with NASA

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score
Uber-ElevateHP.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidv...lying-cars-are-no-joke-for-uber/#3ac428b72600

Flying drone taxis a reality within decade they say.

I’m scared to think what a trip across town would cost, but that plane pictured is bad ###! I love to fly, unfortunately it’s a rich mans hobby. I bought a truck from a guy recently that went back to school later in life to become a commercial pilot. He is flying for delta now, and told me that every time he is cruising at 10,000ft he can’t believe they pay him for it!

I’m scared to think what a trip across town would cost, but that plane pictured is bad ###! I love to fly, unfortunately it’s a rich mans hobby. I bought a truck from a guy recently that went back to school later in life to become a commercial pilot. He is flying for delta now, and told me that every time he is cruising at 10,000ft he can’t believe they pay him for it!
I took flying lessons about 4 years ago. It's a lot of fun, but the thought of spending $300-400k for a plane kind of put an end to my flying career. My wife's mom and dad both had planes; a Cessna and an old Stenson.

I took flying lessons about 4 years ago. It's a lot of fun, but the thought of spending $300-400k for a plane kind of put an end to my flying career. My wife's mom and dad both had planes; a Cessna and an old Stenson.
You can buy a basic 1970’s Cessna for less than 20k. Sounds reasonable, until you consider the storage, fuel, and maintenance costs. Even a cheap plane is an expensive toy.

You can buy a basic 1970’s Cessna for less than 20k. Sounds reasonable, until you consider the storage, fuel, and maintenance costs. Even a cheap plane is an expensive toy.
You're right, except I was looking at a Dehavilland Beaver with floats. A good used one runs around $300-600k. I kind of put that plan on hold for now.

Latest posts

Back