Trump wants to open businesses by Easter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
Against the advice of every health care professional out there Trump wants to open business back up to prevent a depression. No one wants a depression. Just as no one wants our medical system to be overrun with people dying on the floors in hallways. Just curious where most preppers stand on this? It is a hell of a choice. Personally I’m more on the side of at least letting it peak before considering ending the isolations but I’m not judgmental about it and that’s just my opinion.

Against the advice of every health care professional out there Trump wants to open business back up to prevent a depression. No one wants a depression. Just as no one wants our medical system to be overrun with people dying on the floors in hallways. Just curious where most preppers stand on this? It is a hell of a choice. Personally I’m more on the side of at least letting it peak before considering ending the isolations but I’m not judgmental about it and that’s just my opinion.
You know as a western NY resident I HATE GOV Cuomo but his press conference today was spot on. He pretty much said " we have the biggest problem right now, we have some of the largest factories, give us some freaking tests because we are pretty sure a few hundred thousand people already had the crap and then if they have the antibodies we will send them back to work." Im not a doc but that makes sense to me.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

It's a big "IF" that's unknown. We COULD do both: get back to work AND stop the virus. But this requires: lots of testing, wear a #*(*%$# mask & gloves, and separate safely. Time will tell what is being properly implemented. If 1% of people want to be stupid, let them get sick (and die). We need to see how these methods work to protect the rest of us.

You know as a western NY resident I HATE GOV Cuomo but his press conference today was spot on. He pretty much said " we have the biggest problem right now, we have some of the largest factories, give us some freaking tests because we are pretty sure a few hundred thousand people already had the crap and then if they have the antibodies we will send them back to work." Im not a doc but that makes sense to me.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
I wonder if they can make an immune globulin from the antibodies from people who have recovered from the disease, and if that would be easier than making a vaccine. Then we could give that out to the most vulnerable people, and it will provide temporary protection to get over the "hump" while we wait for a vaccine.

I wonder if they can make an immune globulin from the antibodies from people who have recovered from the disease, and if that would be easier than making a vaccine. Then we could give that out to the most vulnerable people, and it will provide temporary protection to get over the "hump" while we wait for a vaccine.
As I recall, they are doing that in China.

Ty are working on that as we speak. Still a lot of unknowns but it is the most logical lead to follow for now. Just hope it proves to be helpful.

Ty are working on that as we speak. Still a lot of unknowns but it is the most logical lead to follow for now. Just hope it proves to be helpful.
I read something about using it help cure people who are infected too. If it's effective for that it would likely have fewer side effects than anti-malarial drugs, though worse cases may need anything they can get. But if we had some kind of prevention other than stay home and do nothing or wear a mask and hope you don't get sick, it would be very beneficial to "opening" the country as Trump discussed.

"Open business by Easter" Sounds like a good starting point. There needs to be a target for bringing this to an end. Regardless of what the liberal and their lapdog media, wants us to think, Trump does not come up with this totally on his own. I am sure he has advisors who have studied other countries and have an idea of when to expect the peak and turn around. I think Easter is just the initial target. As Easter gets closed, I expect him to revise the target.

I think Trump is handling this correctly. Anyone who has ever planned a large project can see his strategy.

Trump can plan all he wants, if the rest of the world does not believe in the plan and work together in the same direction, nothing will work out. All the demos want to do is get him sedated or politically put down. If there are enough little failures, (like not opening again by Easter) then they will just point the finger and cry !"we told you so"!
America first, then the people, then the economy, then the schools, then the laws and at the very end of all this comes the part where a true patriot who has helped all the others who are more important than a political party or religious direction, can then say::"my turn"...and not before...GP

It would be great for the US to beat this virus by Easter, I hope they do, but I think they may be a tad optimistic, but heck if anyone can get ontop of this mess I think Trump can BUT, Only if the democratics stop trying to derail the president for short term political gain.

One point of concern though, it was US experts who were saying this virus can infect people and be contagous for 40 days and were demanding a LONGER quarantine period???

Yes, after they evacutated the cruise ship, did a full decon and went back in, there were STILL CoVid 19 virus traces...AFTER 17 DAYS...

Yes, after they evacutated the cruise ship, did a full decon and went back in, there were STILL CoVid 19 virus traces...AFTER 17 DAYS...

I think we have to play safe and go for the longer quaratine period, I dont mind being hungry, homeless or unemployed, but I dont fancy being dead.

It would be great for the US to beat this virus by Easter, I hope they do, but I think they may be a tad optimistic, but heck if anyone can get ontop of this mess I think Trump can BUT, Only if the democratics stop trying to derail the president for short term political gain.

One point of concern though, it was US experts who were saying this virus can infect people and be contagous for 40 days and were demanding a LONGER quarantine period???
I don’t see this as a political issue as much as a lack of intelligence issue. Politicians shouldn’t be making public health decisions, period. Leave that to the doctors and scientists. When this thing burns thru it’s course it will be time to reopen everything, not when trump decides.

This type of choice is a no win either way. Who has a crystal ball? If we wait and let it peak...how do we know it really has peaked? A second wave could come that makes the first wave look not too bad. But with the economy we are More Sure of what Will happen if we keep workers home doing nothing for too long. Everyone will suffer! With our current debt there might not be a way to pull out of it. The entire nation could truly CRASH and BURN!

I don’t see this as a political issue as much as a lack of intelligence issue. Politicians shouldn’t be making public health decisions, period. Leave that to the doctors and scientists. When this thing burns thru it’s course it will be time to reopen everything, not when trump decides.

Have to disagree to the extent that the current President does have the weight and responsibility to keep our nation from collapsing due to an economic meltdown. And his is a no win decision. This is how our Constitution is set up.

Latest posts

Back