This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I posted this, guess the post didn't go through :-/
Picked up a 1908 red jacket windmill pump, it was rebuilt 3 years ago but the father died and wasn't used, the grand son painted it white and mounted it on a stump, the daughter gave it too me, I'll sand blast it and re-paint it red, it's for my 1910 baker windmill when ever I complete it hopefully by the end of spring next year.

pump.jpg

I have gone to a coin shop, but I actually found them cheaper on eBay from a seller jessicascoins
I bought Washington quarters for $3.21 apiece.
She charges a flat shipping rate of $2.99 not bad if you order enough at one time. I don’t know where to get them cheaper... although their must be somewhere to buy it cheaper because she has large quantities for sale.
Ebay is awesome! The selection, and ability to compare prices is unbeatable!

Thought I posted this, guess the post didn't go through :-/
Picked up a 1908 red jacket windmill pump, it was rebuilt 3 years ago but the father died and wasn't used, the grand son painted it white and mounted it on a stump, the daughter gave it too me, I'll sand blast it and re-paint it red, it's for my 1910 baker windmill when ever I complete it hopefully by the end of spring next year.

View attachment 8976
Sounds like a cool project. I saw a show on a guy that traveled around restoring those old windmills and generators for people. I’d love to get one to tinker with. I’m not in a very good wind area though.

Too late... I am already addicted :)
I’ve been collecting most of my life, and ebay has made it so much easier. I recently added a 20cent piece to my collection. I called 4 dealers and they all said they hadn’t seen one for sale for a long time. Ebay has loads of them, in all grades and every grading service. I ended up getting an AU in a pcgs slab for a really good price. If shtf happens then the high grade coins probably won’t be a good investment and the ‘junk’ silver would make more sense. As long as there is an economy though, better coins have always been a good investment. I guess I like it since it’s a tangible investment. A stock certificate just isn’t as cool as a flowing hair dollar.

I have gone to a coin shop, but I actually found them cheaper on eBay from a seller jessicascoins
I bought Washington quarters for $3.21 apiece.
She charges a flat shipping rate of $2.99 not bad if you order enough at one time. I don’t know where to get them cheaper... although their must be somewhere to buy it cheaper because she has large quantities for sale.
That's interesting. Thanks.

My son came down a few days ago to help me out around here. We got the solar panels mounted on the pole. I had to get a crane with a man basket to get the panels up. I still need to connect the wiring, but at least the hard part is done. I'll post some pictures whenever I can get to a computer.
All the walls are up on the first floor of the house, the electrical conduit is in and everything is backfilled now. The inspector never came out so I went ahead and connected to the septic tank anyway.
This morning I'm taking the meat chickens to the processing plant to be butchered.

Sounds like a cool project. I saw a show on a guy that traveled around restoring those old windmills and generators for people. I’d love to get one to tinker with. I’m not in a very good wind area though.

I used to get them dime a dozen (exaggeration) now anymore people have taken interest in them and the prices really took off even parts but mine have a purpose and not as a yard ornament as with most today, Eastern Washington still has a lot here setting on a dry well one can pickup for pennies on the dollar, total price I have in mine is less than $500 and a lot of that was in gas searching for parts.

it was nice to find out that after 30+ years I'm still able to function as a squaddie for a mortar team and those under my command
gave me the best thanks possible;I'b be in your team any time if SHTF..

and it was a blast to shoot live rounds :D

it was nice to find out that after 30+ years I'm still able to function as a squaddie for a mortar team and those under my command
gave me the best thanks possible;I'b be in your team any time if SHTF..

and it was a blast to shoot live rounds :D
It’s even more fun when someone else is paying for it!

This morning I took the meat chickens down to the processing plant to be butchered. The plant is located about 3 hours south of here. Out of 25 birds I got roughly 115-125 pounds of meat. We raised Red Ranger birds this time and they were only 80 days old today. They don't don't grow as fast as the hybreds, but should be a better tasting bird. We'll see. I'm going to smoke one this weekend.
While I was waiting for the birds I stopped in to get bids on windows and doors for the house.

I got the oil changed at Walmart in one of the work vans today. While waiting there I wandered around aimlessly through sporting goods..... anyways, that’s there plan to get you to buy more stuff. I found a neat item on clearance. It’s a medium sized cooler that plugs into the cigarette lighter, so no ice needed. I’ve known about them for a while but almost half off got me willing to try one out. Not sure if this qualifies for prepping but it will be nice on a trip or in a work truck. I also got a couple water proof bins to put some prepping supplies in, 4 stainless mugs for hot or cold drinks in the cars, another 550count box of 22lr as you could never have enough of that, and another ammo can. Needless to say the oil change was the cheap part of the deal.

I got the oil changed at Walmart in one of the work vans today. While waiting there I wandered around aimlessly through sporting goods..... anyways, that’s there plan to get you to buy more stuff. I found a neat item on clearance. It’s a medium sized cooler that plugs into the cigarette lighter, so no ice needed. I’ve known about them for a while but almost half off got me willing to try one out. Not sure if this qualifies for prepping but it will be nice on a trip or in a work truck. I also got a couple water proof bins to put some prepping supplies in, 4 stainless mugs for hot or cold drinks in the cars, another 550count box of 22lr as you could never have enough of that, and another ammo can. Needless to say the oil change was the cheap part of the deal.
Make sure whatever you put in that cooler is already cold or you will be disappointed. I have one and learned the my beer was not real cold the first time. Im looking into getting a 12v DC frig/freezer for RVs for my solor panels setup. To keep antibiotics/medicines, some fresh foods in and to make ice when SHTF!

Make sure whatever you put in that cooler is already cold or you will be disappointed. I have one and learned the my beer was not real cold the first time. Im looking into getting a 12v DC frig/freezer for RVs for my solor panels setup. To keep antibiotics/medicines, some fresh foods in and to make ice when SHTF!
I like the ice maker idea. I'm going to put in the shop for making gallons of margaritas for when I'm "changing the oil".

I like the ice maker idea. I'm going to put in the shop for making gallons of margaritas for when I'm "changing the oil".

That’s going to be a project before too long, a solar set up for the camper. The fridge is ac/dc and gas comparable already but I want the solar system to be able to keep it going without the gas being used. I’ll get around to it in my spare time....

That’s going to be a project before too long, a solar set up for the camper. The fridge is ac/dc and gas comparable already but I want the solar system to be able to keep it going without the gas being used. I’ll get around to it in my spare time....
What is this thing you speak of called "spare time"?

Latest posts

Back