The Stanford Prison Experiment

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score

Saw this last night. Wow...definitely worth checking out. For those of you not familiar...it's based off of an actual experiment performed at Stanford University in the early 1970s. It's intention to investigate the psychological effects of perceived power.

does not paint a pretty pic of the human behaviour...both my history and biology teachers made us study this a little and then we had
a small talk about it,humans can be very crappy to each other

Yeah, we are naturally pretty crappy to each other as a whole. Individuals can always be anything they wish, but as a group, humans are really pretty crappy.

Very true but some more than others. Have you noticed there are a few members here whom never say anything even remotely positive.

You can post a story of a murdered boy and they reply with something along the lines...."he had it coming or he should have known better."

They display absolutely no empathy whatsoever. Now this experiment was done with innocent college kids...

Can you imagine if it were done with people like this? o_O

so let's try,atleast try to be positive as long as we can,there might come a time when it's a valuable commodity and we can't use it..
one reason I tread kinda carefully on threads of politics and religion..

me then,I know I sometimes go towards doom and gloom,might be work related,see enough bad things and it sometimes affect one,
but there are some people towards whom I have zero empathy in this society and time of ours..as I told one dude, who ranted about how
sick he was and society should pay for everything to him,there's no pill for your sickness,we can't cure an idiot,this prime specimen
gets monthly a goody bag full of medicine,which he then sells and uses the money for booze.

then again it feels kinda good,when a patient looks at you and says thanks,you made me feel good..

....the end of my little story for now :)

about the time some pos thought he was gonna whup on me, he'd have his sack yanked off. All you have to do is drive a spear-hand between their thighs, twist your palm up and grab. they do the pulling reflexively. Even if all you do is just come close to their jewels , they almost all nearly faint, giving you the time needed to do something else that will wreck them.

Latest posts

Back