the pig has a date

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now this one is a BOAR,,,I don't think it matters all that much as long as there are no sow's near by,,,,,but some say he won't be worth a hoot the meat will be musky smelling and have the same taste,,,, I don't put much stock n that in the past I have had wild boars that we ate,,,never had any kind of a off taste,,we shall see

it's not made a difference for us. We have butchered both boars and sows. They both cook up and taste good.
I got three for about $40 each they weighed about 150 when I brought them home,,,,one got heat stroke and we lost it I will have around $300 in my hog after processing
I just hope I have enough freezer space for 150lbs of pork

Oh how I know. We should be getting ours back probably next week and she was about 600 lbs when we took her in. . .
that is a big hog,,,I have been told once that big they are not good for anything but breeding,,,my uncle had some huge ones he bred every year

that is a big hog,,,I have been told once that big they are not good for anything but breeding,,,my uncle had some huge ones he bred every year
She was supposed to have been for breeding, but she did not hold up that end of the bargain. I tried to have the talk, but she didnt listen to me and looked like I was talking Greek. . . . We are getting something out of our $50 bucks. You can't buy one at that price around here anymore though. Prices are sky high. Maybe we need to head over to your state for better luck.

So our dressed out at 650lbs exactly. And GG, even at that size she does taste good. I did opt not to bring her head home this time though. I don't have a lot big enough to boil it this time around. I sure will miss my scrapple.
650 hanging weight and how much after processing

Latest posts

Back