The Perfect Bunker

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check into geothermal energy.

Also, you could still have surface solar panels and windmills, etc. They could simply be some distance from the shelter and cable the power feed.

Likewise, you could surround panels with foliage to avoid detection from the ground. (windmills, not so much).

Possibly I could have retractable solar panels, it would make maintenance easier and keep them hidden at night.

Wherever your plans to build a bunker just make sure you are not to close to open water sources or saturated grounds unless you want to be permanently entombed through a process known as liquefaction though that depends where you live. For me, I don't necessarily want to be in a bunker where I am at, liquefaction can make the ground like concrete. Hopefully your not in a earthquake prone area.

708541.jpg

You proposal can only be addressed in one company that I am aware of that has the experience and undertaking to make that a reality.

Hardened Shelters. They have had DOD and other government contracts. They are not cheap, and when I say not cheap, you'd better have an unlimited account, as they will expect a sizeable down payment before any build is done.

As for living in underground, you and other hit it on the data slate...NASA, look at the data from long existence in the International Space Station. It will give you some idea of challenges that will be faced.

The rule of thumb for underground space is 200 square feet per person. Can't remember where I saw that, but its a good rule to follow.

Yeah I also don't like the idea of being above ground. My current setup is all underground. Obviously I may run into fuel issues, but I'd rather have that and have my generator die than be discovered and raided.

Wherever your plans to build a bunker just make sure you are not to close to open water sources or saturated grounds unless you want to be permanently entombed through a process known as liquefaction though that depends where you live. For me, I don't necessarily want to be in a bunker where I am at, liquefaction can make the ground like concrete. Hopefully your not in a earthquake prone area.

View attachment 5959

That is actually identical to my own car a Suzuki Wagon R Plus

but whatever bunker type you go into,discard that shipping container,this is from what I've read here,too risky,too much work to make them safe.
it would be neet to have an underground facility with geo-thermal as a back-up place
...and enough of money to spend on it to make it nice and comfy and SECURE, one reason I will do everything to avoid going to the shelter here at my apartment complex...

Latest posts

Back