The never ending search for...the BOV!

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

DrHenley

A True Doomsday Prepper
Global Moderator
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found out what that 8 wheel RV was. It was built on a German made Man M1001 truck. They were used for mobile Pershing II Missile launchers.

TexasFreedom

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Let me ask... where are you going??? If SHTF, roads will be perilous. If they aren't blocked with dead vehicles, they'll have snipers every few miles with vehicle-traps.

I've been through the various options with this. Only use for a vehicle will be running around the ranch, or going ranch-house to ranch-house. Further travel will be nonexistent if SHTF... Now, if you're wanting to go through some of these antifa road-blocks, then a wide range of vehicles will give that 'thump thump" satisfaction of turning them into road stains.

pengyou

Reaction score
Wow! Looks awesome...but I am not related to either Bill Gates or Warren Buffet :( It is difficult for me to envision the future. I can see the advantage of going light on a BOV. What I am hoping my future will look like after I am 65...if 5G catches on, I would like to teach online to supplement my retirement income....and to have a vehicle that is significant enough to let me travel around the US and live comfortably for most of the year. I love wilderness photography...have done a bit of fishing and would like to do more...I like to take dirt roads/fire service roads, etc as much as possible when I am traveling, hence the need for the 4x4. AWD just doesn't cut it, and has more electronics, making it more expensive to both buy and repair. Getting a 5G signal will limit some of that. That is the first purpose of the vehicle. The BOV is added to that..considering that fact that I may already be living away from home when the next SHTF happens. BIG problem...if the liberals take the government seats...the EPA is going to be elevated to the height of a deity (it already is in California)...I think diesels - especially older ones that don't have 400 pounds of electronics and smog devices on them and don't need DEF (yes, the older ones that already run efficiently) will be scrapped....leaving a lot of people high and dry. I am looking at 1 ton vehicles because they license as commercial...maybe they will be spared from the diabolical EPA's wrecking yard for a few more years. I always lean towards diesel because it has a longer shelf life to store and doesn't explode as easily as gasoline in an accident. I am sure there are some but all of the backroads I have encountered in the west are not narrow, so an 8' wide vehicle would not be a problem.

Last edited:

grayghost668

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
the perfect BOV is the one you have when it all goes to hell,,for many it will be the family car or truck there will be those thrilled if they have a bicycle ,,,,,for me it's my trusty ATV and a Ford Ranger

all those fancy rigs pictured here are all on the wish list,,,like I wish I had the cash to buy that.........................

Morgan101

Reaction score
Looks like it's working šŸ˜
View attachment 10935
Looks like a combination of the Munster Mobile, Jed Clampett's truck (which I have seen), and Mad Max.

I'm with Grayghost on this one. Use what you have, and make minor modifications if need be. Who has the money to buy and modify a vehicle just to bug out. My money will be spent on, IMHO, much more useful things.

Arcticdude

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
the perfect BOV is the one you have when it all goes to hell,,for many it will be the family car or truck there will be those thrilled if they have a bicycle ,,,,,for me it's my trusty ATV and a Ford Ranger

all those fancy rigs pictured here are all on the wish list,,,like I wish I had the cash to buy that.........................
Even if I had the money to buy one of those monstrosities I wouldn't. Too big and heavy. Plus they'd only go far enough off road to get stuck. Then what? A small pickup, Jeep, atv/utv or horse would be far more useable.

Latest posts