the holidays

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eating. Eating a lot. :)

jwyv3.gif

That's standard protocol Brent.

What a beautiful bird! Kind of puts these little scrappy things we have here to shame.

This picture was taken 10 or so feet from the porch, they all hang out with the peacocks, we would take them with an air rifle shoot them in the head that way we don't scare off the peacocks and turkeys, we like having them around.

Our family is scattered to the winds. There’s my wife and I and our son and his wife live on the back of the property, so the four us us will celebrate. My mother in law is in Fla. so will make the effort to visit her for at least a day or two. I honestly don’t like traveling during the holidays though. If you break down you can’t find a shop, and the roads are packed. (I’m sounding a little like Scrooge there)!

The kitchen is looking great too!

Wife thought the kitchen a little dark, so the women folks stripped and sanded the cabinets, had the crown made for the top of the cabinets, 5 coats of shellac white paint, for the first 3 coats they buffed it with 000 steel wool, they started this project a month ago, I protested but since I retired apparently I lost my authority but I got to admit, the girls were right and me wrong.

Old look
oldkitchen.jpg

Wife thought the kitchen a little dark, so the women folks stripped and sanded the cabinets, had the crown made for the top of the cabinets, 5 coats of shellac white paint, for the first 3 coats they buffed it with 000 steel wool, they started this project a month ago, I protested but since I retired apparently I lost my authority but I got to admit, the girls were right and me wrong.

Old look
View attachment 8073
It’s about time you came around and realized women are in charge.....

I'm hoping to use some of the downtime to get our shop area more ready for the new business venture. (opening a Scrapbooking Crop Room / Paint and Sip Studio). We hope to have it operational by end of Feb. Until then, it's just 800 square feet of house used for storage or all the old tack shop inventory. Hoping to just bulk sell a lot of that.

The new business will be a) a good place for my wife and I to pursue our hobbies, b) a way to make a little extra money on a couple weekends a month. I'll have to post pics, etc. once we're ready to go...and let you know.

And of course, eat a lot of good food.

At some point, we want to do a family trip to Universal/IOA to see the Christmas displays in the Harry Potter areas of the parks. That should be fun.

I'm hoping to use some of the downtime to get our shop area more ready for the new business venture. (opening a Scrapbooking Crop Room / Paint and Sip Studio). We hope to have it operational by end of Feb. Until then, it's just 800 square feet of house used for storage or all the old tack shop inventory. Hoping to just bulk sell a lot of that.

The new business will be a) a good place for my wife and I to pursue our hobbies, b) a way to make a little extra money on a couple weekends a month. I'll have to post pics, etc. once we're ready to go...and let you know.

And of course, eat a lot of good food.

At some point, we want to do a family trip to Universal/IOA to see the Christmas displays in the Harry Potter areas of the parks. That should be fun.
I moved up here before the Harry Potter part was made. I would really like to visit it one of these days. Islands of adventure was awesome. The hulk was the best rollercoaster ever! As far as holidays at the parks my favorite was IOA’s Halloween Horror Nights.

Halloween Horror Nights are fun, but it's gotten so expensive. (and really much more geared towards wanton drinking these days). Still, can be fun though, but a bit rich for our blood this year. Sad too, as the last Bill and Ted Show.

On the Harry Potter stuff....

I have to say, as an avid fan of the books, and then the movies, they did a FANTASTIC job of capturing the look and feel of the world, in both park additions. Taking the Hogwarts Express from one to the other, is just...amazing. The whole platform 9 3/4 thing, just everything. It's also near and dear to my kids who grew up with the franchise, and literally, the first time I brought them (both as adults), they had nothing but tears in their eyes, seeing it for the first time.

Now, we all go together, each in our respective house robes (and yes, wearing the shirt and house tie under) and wands, and still have a great time in these parks. Feels like a second home to me, it really does. We're such geeks.

Latest posts

Back