Must Read Solar Flare ( times 3) and CME

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Painless

Reaction score
Well, it looks like we are about to get the triple whammy. 2 days, 3 flares, all Earth directed or at least glancing blows. Probably not gonna be a huge big deal, but....keep your eyes & ears open for the next 48 hours as the first impact is expected sometime this evening or early night. If you have a hole in your preps, couldn't hurt to seal it off today.

yeah it does look like it..

The biggest solar flare seen for 12 years erupted from the sun yesterday causing radio blackouts on Earth.

Two high-intensity solar flares were emitted, the second of which was the most intense recorded since 2005, the Space Weather Prediction Centre (SWPC) said.

The flares knocked out radio communications for one hour on the Earth's side facing the sun, as well as low-frequency communications used in navigation.

Experts say that a coronal mass ejection (CME) triggered by the flares will likely arrive in the next 1-2 days, and that this could damage satellites, communications and power systems on Earth.

i'm already thinking ahead on that..i know that there's very little that i can do to protect my electronic devices.like my smart phone.emergency radio,pc and all..seeing how i don't have a faraday cage..but yet i do have a heavy duty tote,in which the lid for it,is on a hinge,and it latches shut.so i'll remove what's in it.#10 cans of store bought canned foods..then put my electronics in it..

The impact wave that hit earth last night was from the M class flare from a couple of days ago. It was pretty minor. The 2 flares from yesterday at still inbound. The second of those 2 was the more powerful and is now predicted to overtake the first of the 2 and maybe even have a slight 'cancelling effect' on the first one. So maybe, the double whammy impact of the X class flares won't hit us quite as hard as first thought. Of course there's still the chance that our shield (the magnetosphere) will still be semi-collapsed from the first wave and not have time to recover to protect us from the second wave. But it seems a lot less likely that will happen now. Yay! I wasn't really ready to live long term without electricity just yet.

yeah it does look like it..

The biggest solar flare seen for 12 years erupted from the sun yesterday causing radio blackouts on Earth.

Two high-intensity solar flares were emitted, the second of which was the most intense recorded since 2005, the Space Weather Prediction Centre (SWPC) said.

The flares knocked out radio communications for one hour on the Earth's side facing the sun, as well as low-frequency communications used in navigation.

Experts say that a coronal mass ejection (CME) triggered by the flares will likely arrive in the next 1-2 days, and that this could damage satellites, communications and power systems on Earth.

i'm already thinking ahead on that..i know that there's very little that i can do to protect my electronic devices.like my smart phone.emergency radio,pc and all..seeing how i don't have a faraday cage..but yet i do have a heavy duty tote,in which the lid for it,is on a hinge,and it latches shut.so i'll remove what's in it.#10 cans of store bought canned foods..then put my electronics in it..
Jim I made a Faraday out of a galvanized garbage can. Got it as a Christmas present. :)

You want this type just in case any nasty EMP get into the can they can escape again :) :) :)
fast-burner-incinerator.jpg

Latest posts

Back