shed find

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got digging around on the shed ( the lower part is a hoarders dream) and behind a 66 mustang coupe ( nice shape, 2 motors by it, running? Impossible to tell) and a 50's snow mobile/sleigh combo (matching) I found... An antique wringer washer! Changed the cord and it runs. Missing the foot pedal, and it's too hard to blow into the tube, so the wringer is iffy. Cleans great though. Maytag, lol. I think there is an old sewing machine around, maybe I can find a foot pedal.

Got the motor ready to come out of the Ranchero, just had some things to do today so I couldn't pull it.

Dug into the 460, it's so nice. Head work, RV cam, the heads have new 429 Cobra Jet stainless valves, all ported and polished, MSD ignition, roller rockers, aftermarket forged crank. Talked to the guy that built it, he figured 475 horse and 550 ft pds torque, I'm a little worried the Ranchero will have a hard time handling it.

Found 2 nine inch rear ends, maybe a posi unit in one?

Chickens are good, all the eggs we could want.

I'm gonna go for the bees. Just need a hive, and a plan.

Storms for days now, I love it. After the farm work we sit on the hill and watch the lightening.

I need another job, I'm messing around doing some body work and light mechanical, but I need something steady, that still allows time for farm work. Harvest is right around the corner. Talking to a guy about working for his remodeling company, he's smaller than the place in Madison, so less pay, but I don't need as much here, obviously.
I'd say over half of the food eaten here is grown here, vegetables, eggs, and meat.

Kids are all good. We talk more now, almost. Weird. At least it is more meaningful I guess I mean.

The pig deal is set up. Need to build a pen.

Airstream is about 1/4 gutted, I'm testing the gas system and water lines for pressure leaks with a leak down tester ( inline gauge and valve). All the inside cabinets and appliances are save able, but the bed and couch have to go. I got some plywood ready to cut up for the floor.

Tomorrow I'm doing some body work on a Dodge ram (late nineties, go figure) and rebuilding a hydraulic pump for a case backhoe. That will almost pay my bills this month.

I really really want more drywall, so I can build a can shelf. I have all the wood, and the spot picked out, then I can really start stocking up.

Sounds like you are definitely getting a full days work in and being productive. How long before you feel like you will have everything clean up/ out and the way you want it?

Join a local Bee club now, and regularly attend meetings. Most newbie BeeKeepers (BK) get bees, kill them, get more bees, are $1000+ into it and kill another hive. Then get ticked off because it's all their own mistakes & sell the equipment for 10 cents on the dollar. 80% do this... so learn what you're doing and get a local mentor before you get the bees. The #1 enemy of bees are inexperienced beekeepers. The #2 enemy are full-time BK who focus solely on the dollar bill.

Doc, I got two years here. I should have have everything done in a year's time.

TF, a friend and I are thinking we will get bees, and some help, from a guy he works with. Lifetime bk, 50 plus hives, the bees would be local. He sells us honey at crazy cheap prices right now, probably so cheap I don't need bees at all. I just always thought it would be a nice hobby.

SGS,

Bees are far more than a 'nice hobby'. I consider it a big part of prepping. Honey isn't just a sugar substitute. It also is an antibiotic and is used even today in hospitals. Bees help with arthritis and other pain alleviation. They even are used to treat diabetes in south America. Bee's wax has countless uses including sealing leaky containers and lubrication. They also give you an excellent advantage militarily (if you have mean bees like mine). And all that without needing any 'feeding' once established.

Latest posts

Back