Restaurants Ready to Hire, but Government Payments Keep Workers Home

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday the wife and i drove the 600 miles to my sisters place in a neighboring state. During the drive we saw many billboards seeking workers, many semi trucks had signs looking for drivers, buildings had large help wanted signs out and every place we stopped had help wanted signs too. Many places were offering bonuses for new hires. Why the hell is anyone out of a job???? I read where one state is planning on cutting out unemployment in order to get people to take these jobs. They should also cut out welfare. A wise man once said "an empty belly is the best incentive there is to get a job".

Yesterday the wife and i drove the 600 miles to my sisters place in a neighboring state. During the drive we saw many billboards seeking workers, many semi trucks had signs looking for drivers, buildings had large help wanted signs out and every place we stopped had help wanted signs too. Many places were offering bonuses for new hires. Why the hell is anyone out of a job???? I read where one state is planning on cutting out unemployment in order to get people to take these jobs. They should also cut out welfare. A wise man once said "an empty belly is the best incentive there is to get a job".

I read another article about how truck drivers are getting $70k a year, part time. They are happy with the pay so much (and the time not on the road) they turn down $80k.

As a state we haven't seen what the parcially or totally shut down states have seen. When I stopped by the local grocery store, I did see that they were hiring.

All the stores in the bigger town near us are hiring, and the restaurants, too. We have a dinky Amish grocery store here that's hiring, and so is our local Burger joint that granddaughter works at.

If I got a job at In-N-Out Hamburgers, I’d put them out of business in no time at all by eating their whole French Fry supply.

‘Magic Fairy Dust’: Florida Restaurant Owner Says People Started Applying As Soon As Gov. DeSantis Nixed Unemployment Waivers For Job Search

A businessman who owns two restaurants – one in Florida and one in New York – said business is booming in the sunshine state after the state brought back the job search requirement for people receiving unemployment benefits while on Fox & Friends Wednesday morning.

“It’s just like that, magic fairy dust,” Buddy Foy Jr., owner of Chateau by the Lake, said. “Now you have to look for a job, the waiver is being removed for that search requirement for unemployment. And in the last 5 days, literally everyday it’s building to more and more.”

“We got zero phone calls in five months for jobs, we filled our jobs through referral, Steve, through our current employees. And in the last 5 days, our staff is saying ‘I can’t keep answering the phone, we have to serve customers’.”

Foy Jr., said business owners now get to “compete for labor” just as they had prior to the pandemic.

Meanwhile, business isn’t doing as well in New York, with Foy Jr., saying “business is tough” and that he’s “counting on referrals.”

“We will open New York Memorial Day Weekend and we will take reservations based on the supply of labor,” he said.

Foy Jr., recently moved to Florida, calling the move a “blessing” after New York forced him to shut down his business. Still, Foy Jr., says he understands why people don’t want to get a job when there’s no incentive.

“You make more money on your involvement at home, so I don’t blame them.”

‘Magic Fairy Dust’: Florida Restaurant Owner Says People Started Applying As Soon As Gov. DeSantis Nixed Unemployment Waivers For Job Search

Latest posts

Back