Prepper Nurse Breastfeeding in a collapse or emergency

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prepper Nurse

Reaction score
Hi folks! If we know anyone who is pregnant, or will be having a family in the future, we need to really encourage them to breastfeed. Breastfeeding is the ultimate prepper tool for parents. It costs very little, you can't forget to pack them in your backpack, it's always at the right temp and you don't need to pack a thing! Potable water may be in short supply during a crisis or emergency, and heaven help those mothers who are reliant on formula. Breastfeeding is a learned skills, so anything we can do to help potential mothers get ready is a good thing to do. Here's a video I did on breastfeeding that you can share with family and friends who might be interested :) Prepper Nurse

this is something I support with my whole heart!
there's nothing better to a baby,all my 3 boys have been breastfed,well not by me ;)
and they are all in good health both physically and mentally..and as our Nurse above tells you have the food supply always with you

Hi folks! If we know anyone who is pregnant, or will be having a family in the future, we need to really encourage them to breastfeed. Breastfeeding is the ultimate prepper tool for parents. It costs very little, you can't forget to pack them in your backpack, it's always at the right temp and you don't need to pack a thing! Potable water may be in short supply during a crisis or emergency, and heaven help those mothers who are reliant on formula. Breastfeeding is a learned skills, so anything we can do to help potential mothers get ready is a good thing to do. Here's a video I did on breastfeeding that you can share with family and friends who might be interested :) Prepper Nurse

Okay, don't laugh at me...its been 16 years since the youngest, but wife and I were talking about the what if's when the kids...start thinking about having a kid and the discussion centered around breast pump when the SHTF...don't want you to start out laughing, but its pretty serious stuff, okay I can remember my days....so what happens when the battery dies on the breast pump...I know you can do manual...but maybe a better idea is to have a breast pump and a solar battery charger that can charge AA batteries. No and I am done with kids.

All my children were breastfed with no kind of bottle at all. I wouldn't think that when the SHTF any other options would be a consideration. For one just the lack of formula alone would be a problem not to mention the water factor and clean sterile water at that. Yes, I am aware that certain circumstances can prevent a Mom from being able to breastfeed but if that were to happen there are a few options. One can wet nurse, there is no problem in that ....another is that if a woman has lactated once she can again, without having to have just delivered recently. There is always goats milk, if the goat is available.

To me the biggest thing to remember is that babies and children were breastfed LONG before bottles came along. It can be done with the greatest of ease.

this is something I support with my whole heart!
there's nothing better to a baby,all my 3 boys have been breastfed,well not by me ;)
and they are all in good health both physically and mentally..and as our Nurse above tells you have the food supply always with you
Thank you so much Jontte!! Nothing like support from a guy around this issue :)

Okay, don't laugh at me...its been 16 years since the youngest, but wife and I were talking about the what if's when the kids...start thinking about having a kid and the discussion centered around breast pump when the SHTF...don't want you to start out laughing, but its pretty serious stuff, okay I can remember my days....so what happens when the battery dies on the breast pump...I know you can do manual...but maybe a better idea is to have a breast pump and a solar battery charger that can charge AA batteries. No and I am done with kids.
I'm not laughing but smiling because you are so AWESOME! excellent idea. An electric breast pump is much better than a hand pump - I love your thinking. Lucky grandchildren and other ones who come in your path. Thank you so much Silent Bob :)

All my children were breastfed with no kind of bottle at all. I wouldn't think that when the SHTF any other options would be a consideration. For one just the lack of formula alone would be a problem not to mention the water factor and clean sterile water at that. Yes, I am aware that certain circumstances can prevent a Mom from being able to breastfeed but if that were to happen there are a few options. One can wet nurse, there is no problem in that ....another is that if a woman has lactated once she can again, without having to have just delivered recently. There is always goats milk, if the goat is available.

To me the biggest thing to remember is that babies and children were breastfed LONG before bottles came along. It can be done with the greatest of ease.
Thank you Mountain Heart! You raise some excellent points! Goats milk and cows milk will keep a baby alive, that's for sure (an excellent reason for having animals on the homestead not just for you but for babies in the community), and the whole concept of wet nurses may rise again. Where I live we've only just now got permission to have 1 donor milk bank for premie babies only in the whole province. But it wouldn't take much in a collapse for those rules and regulations to go the way of the dodo. Thank you so much for your comment :)

only one??
that mothers milk is a life saver!!
here in Finland, if you have too much of the good stuff, they will lend you a breastpump, and pay some money,not much, if you donate it to the maternety hospital for those in need

only one??
that mothers milk is a life saver!!
here in Finland, if you have too much of the good stuff, they will lend you a breastpump, and pay some money,not much, if you donate it to the maternety hospital for those in need
Another reason why Finland rocks!!! I will be sharing that with my nursing colleagues at work - what a great idea to advocate for!!

by all means my friend!
it is a great idea,some have enough to give to others that don't have and need it... and why waste the good stuff

Like stated before, theres nothing better than breastfeeding your child. My son was breastfed as long as possible but unfortunately he didn't get enough after 3 month so we started mixing german formula and breast milk. He hasnt been sick once in his wntire life. Even after now 16 month and numerus vaccinations and teeth he barely ever had a fever. Hes a strong lil guy and I love him with all my heart.

It is ridiculous in what direction the U.S is going with birth and breastfeeding. My sister in law refused to brestfeed because society told her its "unnatural" are u kidding me? What can be more natural than breast milk?
Same with the delivery, its shocking how many babies are getting delivered by c section without any reason. Most of Those women could have delivered naturally. Birth became business and I pray that america wakes up and goes back to what is good for mother and child and not whats good with hospital policies and the doctors wallet.

Like stated before, theres nothing better than breastfeeding your child. My son was breastfed as long as possible but unfortunately he didn't get enough after 3 month so we started mixing german formula and breast milk. He hasnt been sick once in his wntire life. Even after now 16 month and numerus vaccinations and teeth he barely ever had a fever. Hes a strong lil guy and I love him with all my heart.

It is ridiculous in what direction the U.S is going with birth and breastfeeding. My sister in law refused to brestfeed because society told her its "unnatural" are u kidding me? What can be more natural than breast milk?
Same with the delivery, its shocking how many babies are getting delivered by c section without any reason. Most of Those women could have delivered naturally. Birth became business and I pray that america wakes up and goes back to what is good for mother and child and not whats good with hospital policies and the doctors wallet.
Marv.Schmitz87, those are excellent points. Somehow we believe that technology, medicatons, procedures can all improve on what nature has designed. It takes courage to allow nature to take the lead - and we need more of it!

Latest posts

Back