Post Harvey flood data, 1 in 1000 year storm

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4842448/Data-shows-Harvey-bigger-seen.html
Eye watering.
rain.jpg
storm.jpg

Last edited:
As you can imagine, southeast TX has seen its fair share of hurricanes and flooding. Hurricanes normally pass in a day or two with a few areas that may flood. The majority of the area in purple in the second graph is or did have standing water. Some only a few inches, but the majority close to a foot or more. Everyone you see says I have never seen anything like it. It is a massive area. . . people who want to leave the area still can't because highways in all directions still closed in Beaumont Port Arthur area. Even if those do get open soon, there is a gas shortage. Water is scarce, food is going in short supply. It is overwhelming for the unprepared. No water equals no working bathrooms at stores and restaurants. Employees going behind businesses just to tinkle. . . the worst I heard was pee in the drains. I wonder how many are going to be getting nasty diseases in these areas. Crime rates have already been going up in area that Port Arthur r evacuated to. It really is a sad sad situation.

I wonder how many preppers will be created by Harvey?
There were a good number created with Rita. I am sure there will be even more with Harvey. My dad always packed up and left before the storm ever got close. Many times the storm didn't even hit the coast where we lived, but he was prepared well in advance. He was always worried about getting trapped in a mass exodus. We were lucky, we had resources. My Nonna lived in central Texas. That is where we always hung out.

There was a surge in interest after Andrew in FLA and Storm Sandy in the NE IIRC, but it wained a bit after a while. But 911 and Sandy did create burgeoning prepping industry in the NE.

Latest posts

Back