Nothing like getting a 1:45am call

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad kiddo is OK! Could have been so much worst at those speeds. Do you at least get to keep the meat? At least get something good out of a bad situation.

Good news he's OK, bad news on the truck. Hope he's not too sore.

Glad kiddo is OK! Could have been so much worst at those speeds. Do you at least get to keep the meat? At least get something good out of a bad situation.

The elk was destroyed :(

To top that off the insurance computer systems are down for maintenance and not a whole lot of help from them so for right now the expense for tow, motel and car rental is on the son, the insurance company told him to call back Monday when the computers are back on line (farmers insurance)

Ironically the trooper was about 400 yards a head of my son and the trooper seen the elk and had a feeling it was going to step out on the highway and knew the vehicle was going to hit it and slowed down and sure enough, the trooper said he seen the lights in his mirror go black he knew it was impact.

Glad he's ok. My oldest daughter just got her license. I'm not afraid of anything, really, but that terrifies me. Some things, like elk, deer and idiot drivers can show up out of nowhere and can be difficult to avoid.

My youngest daughter got her first car and on the first evening of driving it (day-1) she was driving on the rural roads when a animal jumped out in front of her, her mistake was she tried to avoid the animal causing the car to go airborne going through a telephone pole 13 feet from the ground landing on the side, no homes near by no lights not even a flashlight, she didn't realize she knocked wires down crawling out of the car and walking away. Rule one, hit the damn animal.

Last edited:
OUCH!

Glad he is OK, too bad about the vehicle.

So far I have been very fortunate. I've had several really close calls with deer, and have passed countless deer on the shoulder. A whitetail won't total a car the way an elk will, but if it jumps and hits the windshield, it can come through the windshield and kill you.

10000 silver dollars off I90 (a very familiar place) has been very accommodating to the son, one of the waitress loaned her car for a bit. He's best man at a wedding today so he needed to go to his truck for the tuxedo, the groom is picking him up who is 3hrs away (one way) so just hoping they make it for the wedding. Rental will be ready tomorrow for him.

Im not religious but I feel sometimes things like this happen for a reason. They remind us not to take any day for granted. Im happy Mavericks son made it out okay. We should all cherish the people we care about while they're here...for life can take any one of us at any given time.

Frame damage, diesel engine has major damage, the drive line had to be cut out (they had no flat bed available)

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

Latest posts

Back