Invasive

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psalm7

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
Elf'ing ladybugs are back . These are not the native type they are Asian ladybugs some say brought in to eat the Asian Hackberry Aphid . I think them and the Aphid's came in on the Asian schrubs the have became a invasive species also . The native ladybug is bright red with well defined black dots these invasive ones are a brunt orange color . They swarm everything in their path . Like little bulldozers push themselves through smallest cracks. Their a real pest .

Not all asian ladybugs are bad, the bad ones do bite and release a stinky ### fluid that stains, I have both types here mixed in with normal ladybugs, use vinegar or lemon to repeal them. I only repeal when it becomes a nuisance or bad ones are mixed in.
Rubbing alcohol works too.

They invade the deer camp occasionally and the deer stands. Yes, I got my first introduction to them when one bit me in the deer stand.

We had huge clusters of the buggers in the corners at deer camp.

Is that anything like the Mormon cricket?

No, slightly bigger with a nasty bite.

shapeimage_1.jpg

92f9354ea01b6961d22bf175d3e52868--potato-bugs-animal-humor.jpg

The Mormon cricked is like the Egyptian Biblical plague in the Book of Exodus or the lovebug swarm in the South, forget about the jerusalem cricket it don't do that. A side from the biting ladybug the asian ladybug likes resting inside the dogs upper portion of the mouth, so if you are infested with the asian type check your dogs mouth especially if excessive drooling ;) Use the plastic tweezers or spoon to remove them, don't freak if you see a mouthful just remove em, they will burn the dogs mouth, I forgot the name of the secretion that burns them?

Latest posts

Back