I have some questions

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good one for the A-..id like to read it as well..p.m. me we'll go from there on you geting it to me.

I think we would all like to read the final paper. "A" grade ... way to go.

thanks for all the great replies! I ended up with an A- on my paper. I had a few grammar issues that caused the lower grade, but my professor loved the content. I can email you my paper if you'd like to read it, or send it in a private message. I quoted some folks. Thanks again!
would love to see a copy too.

wow! thanks so much

I just basically want to know why you prep, how do you think the tv show doomsday preppers can affect viewers, what you think of the show, really just any sort of insight on this topic, anything you want to say really, i'm open to any sort of opinions or insight.

thanks again!

I'm a bit late but still, here are my 2 cents

Why do I prep? for the same reason I buy a good coat for the winter, so I wont freeze to death in my t-shirt while walking around in sub zero temperatures.
I prep not out of fear for something that might happen, but out of the logical conclusion that it would be nice not to be screwed over when something happens. Be it forest fire, flood, tornado, being snowed in, civil unrest or even life changing events.

Your great great grandparents all had canned food and extra wool blankets and warm clothes, and firewood for the stove. In their own way they were peppers. It is only since people called it prepping and went on NatGeo with it that people noticed this and decided everyone who does this is a total nutjob. What I think of the show tho? I love it, sure the people there are often kinda peculiar but some of them really have good tips and Ideas.

And I have one question for you too. Will you prepare yourself for un-foreseen circumstances?

I know the report is done, but something you should know (and this is from a guy who's been on a reality show), a LOT of the show is in the editing. For example, the folks on the show don't just prep for ONE event, but they are told by the producers to CHOOSE one and then the producers tailor the segment around it. Also, they will take hours of footage, following them around for days, and we only get to see the few minutes (and in the context the producers choose) that they want us.

I know the report is done, but something you should know (and this is from a guy who's been on a reality show), a LOT of the show is in the editing. For example, the folks on the show don't just prep for ONE event, but they are told by the producers to CHOOSE one and then the producers tailor the segment around it. Also, they will take hours of footage, following them around for days, and we only get to see the few minutes (and in the context the producers choose) that they want us.
I agree with the producers editing stories to project what they think will sell. My son and daughter in law were interviewed when their wedding location was closed during the last govt shutdown by two local tv stations. They completely changed the content by omitting and rearranging content. I'm sure a lot of the doomsday show people were fairly normal, but it sells and is entertaining to present them as nut jobs..

yeah,them producers will do what ever it takes to make any show popular..just look at duck dynasty and it's popularity..snoldeee made some real good points.and did a real good job of telling it like it is..like when she said Prepping is more than just saving a few spare batteries..good luck in school and all snoldeee...

Latest posts

Back