My introduction

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeenGunner

Reaction score
So I am a 16 year old teenager who is looking to get into the discussion part of prepping. Before you are quick to judge I'm just going to say that I have been in prepping for quite some time long before anything related to covid happened. Since I was about 8 I have been into survival and things of that nature. I wanted to learn how to survive best I could because (like most preppers) I don't like being helpless and I don't want to rely on anyone but myself for my survival. Around 3 years ago I read an apocalyptic book and my eyes were opened to prepping. I never really thought about something like that as society wants kids that age to know that as long as you're with your parents then everything is fine. Before I just thought about what I would have to do if it was just me and surviving untill I can find my parents. I also didn't think about anything that seriously at that age. But ever since then I have learned more skills and have been preparing mentally for a lot of my life (which is only like a couple of years). I have gotten my parents into prepping some as they don't like relying on the government either but I think they mainly just want to satisfy my desire to prep. I spend a bit of my own money prepping on little areas I feel my parents are clueless about. I want to contribute to the prepping community as I know something apocalyptic for american is on the verge of happening and I am very concerned I would not have the time to prepare myself and my family for what's to come. I hope I can just get through college and on my own before the collapse happens. I hope I can contribute to the forums and I hope we can exchange information and ideas. I hope my age isn't a problem to anyone. This is my Introduction to the forum and I hope to chat to y'all later.

Welcome to DPF, hope to hear more from your early start on prepping. Go thru the old forum, read lots of old but good info, take notes, practice what you read, go to flea markets and garage sales and collect the knives, fishing stuff, archery, crossbows, tents, sleeping bags, camping utensils, backpacks and other things people bought or got for their birthdays and Christmas, but did not or do not understand how to use them or why to own them...
Look in e-bay for the other things. Have fun and keep your eyes on the path, do not let anybody get you to talk too much about the why of prepping unless THEY start the conversation. You may and probably will be stamped with a bad batch title and avoided by some. Not everybody understands...
Good luck and good hunting for your stuff, GP

Welcome from Missouri. You have taken a very important first step by just wanting to get started. I would recommend focusing on skills, since you will be on a limited budget. Skills and knowledge can never be taken away from you. Good to have you with us.

Warm Welcome from the Arizona folks. USA

The basic disadvantage you have is you will need to start out with air guns vs. firearms. Your age is not problem here.
Guns is not that much of a problem as my family likes to be able to protect themselves I'm mainly trying to focus on the other areas. I am not restricted like you think when it comes to firearms.

Guns is not that much of a problem as my family likes to be able to protect themselves I'm mainly trying to focus on the other areas. I am not restricted like you think when it comes to firearms.

Good to know you have ready access to firearms and know proper safety handling. Acquiring skills and additional knowledge are your most important task now. Assets will grow as your income grows.

Welcome from Texas. Having access to and training in firearms is great, but only one aspect. There are many existing threads that speak to water purification, food storage and gardening, communications, etc... essentially all areas of prepping, which can easily be thought of as prolonged camping :)

An entertaining book to read is "One Second After" Not to use as a bible, but just to enjoy. This year has shown people exactly how fast our civilization can go sideways and we are not out of the woods yet.

Welcome from Victoria Australia.
Can you tell me the title of the Apocalyptic book you read 3 years back?
The first one was Ryan Westfield's 7 book series but since then my favorites have been by Jonathan Hollerman and T L Payne. All great books but Ryan Westfield's don't have that much on a prepping look just shows the need for it.

1610443429438.png

Latest posts

Back